• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Samuel

Welcome to Worthy ,,,,,I must agree with my Sister here......,

God is not interested in forming a peace bond with other religions.  God is interested in saving whoever will accept His Son as their substitutionary sacrifice, or Savior as He is often called.                                                                                                                                                                   posted by Sevenseas

and for me,this is against everything the Word of God tells me

' However, it would only be fair if Christ shares that judgment seat with Muhammad or the Mahdi in the case of Muslims, Indra or Krishna for Hindus, Gautama or Maitreya for Buddhists, Lao-Tzu for Taoists, and so forth. Some just recognition is required.

there is only ONE NAME above all names & that is Christ Jesus!He shares His seat at the right Hand of the Father with no one!There is Only One by which men are saved through  faith to receive the Grace of God.......Jesus,the Way,the Truth & the Life

My friend,this book is very disturbing to me....sounds like false teaching,you did ask for our opinions

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

No genuine Christian will ever accept such a basis for unity with other religions.   In fact, it makes me wonder if you have surrendered your ideas to the Lord Jesus Christ and asked Him what He thinks of them.  

Your philosophy is good and your desire for world peace is good.  But it has nothing to do with faith in God or Christianity.  And it has everything to do with the world view of religion.  You will find movie stars and possibly nominal Christians on your band wagon.  But Christians who walk with God, believe the Bible, and who are filled with the Holy Spirit so as to understand the Bible cannot accept such completely anti-christ malarky.  That is why we believe the prophecy that Christians will be persecuted in the end times for not accepting a one world religion.  

May God have mercy on you for serving this cause.  It hurts to kick against the goads.  This is not the direction that  Jesus Christ desires you to go.  

Willa

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus did not say that he is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth, the ONLY life. The Bible says that there is no way to the Father, except through the Son, and implies that Jesus Christ will be the Supreme Judge of all human beings on 'Judgement Day.' However, it would only be fair if Christ shares that judgment seat with Muhammad or the Mahdi in the case of Muslims, Indra or Krishna for Hindus, Gautama or Maitreya for Buddhists, Lao-Tzu for Taoists, and so forth. Some just recognition is required.

I think that Genesis 1:26 (in the beginning), where God says "Let us make man in our image," suggests that later on he might also have said, "Let us help humans make their religions in our image." It would be quite natural if human religions reflect particular aspects of the threefold psychology of One God in Trinity expression. On the face of it, maybe God is telling us something about his multi-dimensional self, through the diversity of major religions, which can be seen to fall into three basic "attitudes to" or perspectives on the Divine.

Samuel Stuart Maynes

The peace of religious unity is a lie for the characteristics of all these different human religions is man made and merely a set of rules. Each is declaring exclusiveness and are competing with one another. In all these various religions you mention, each sets themselves up saying that they can get to heaven apart from God.

God rejects all human plans of salvation no matter how wise they seem to be, and ignores the best ideas of men, even the most brilliant of them. So anyone who says otherwise, is blind indeed.

Isaiah 29:13 (niv)

Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.

Isaiah 29:16 (niv)

You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay!

Galatians 1: 7 – 9 (niv)

which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Mathew 10:32 - 38 (nkjv)

Then everyone who shall confess Me before men, I will confess him before My Father who is in Heaven. But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in Heaven. Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a man's foes shall be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.

Jesus did not say that he is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth, the ONLY life.

~

Jesus Said

Jesus told him,

"I am the way, the truth, and the life.

No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6 (NLT)

Satan Said

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

Beloved, You Choose

The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,

but whoever rejects the Son will not see life,

for God’s wrath remains on them. John 3:35-36 (NIT)

~

The Bible says that there is no way to the Father, except through the Son, and implies that Jesus Christ will be the Supreme Judge of all human beings on 'Judgement Day.'

~

The

If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. John 12:47 (ESV)

Books Will Be Opened

The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. John 12:48 (ESV)

~

However, it would only be fair if Christ shares that judgment seat with Muhammad or the Mahdi in the case of Muslims, Indra or Krishna for Hindus, Gautama or Maitreya for Buddhists, Lao-Tzu for Taoists, and so forth.

:24: :24: :24:

You Really Really Don't Know Who Jesus Is, Do You....

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

And As For Those Who Denied The Christ

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:33

And Taught Others To Do Likewise

but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6 (NASB)

Well

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21 (NIV)

~

Some just recognition is required.

:thumbsup:

Yes Beloved, Just Recognition

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

Is Required

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:1-3

Love, Joe

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

You can look up some of the most popular views on the subject if you haven't already.

The universal opportunity view

The postmortem evangelism view

The restrictivist view

The inclusivist view

Interesting perspective. I'm starting a new thread on the subject to discuss these views:

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus did not say that he is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth, the ONLY life. The Bible says that there is no way to the Father, except through the Son, and implies that Jesus Christ will be the Supreme Judge of all human beings on 'Judgement Day.' However, it would only be fair if Christ shares that judgment seat with Muhammad or the Mahdi in the case of Muslims, Indra or Krishna for Hindus, Gautama or Maitreya for Buddhists, Lao-Tzu for Taoists, and so forth. Some just recognition is required.

I think that Genesis 1:26 (in the beginning), where God says "Let us make man in our image," suggests that later on he might also have said, "Let us help humans make their religions in our image." It would be quite natural if human religions reflect particular aspects of the threefold psychology of One God in Trinity expression. On the face of it, maybe God is telling us something about his multi-dimensional self, through the diversity of major religions, which can be seen to fall into three basic "attitudes to" or perspectives on the Divine.

Samuel Stuart Maynes

Samuel Stuart Maynes,

Cool name. Lousy theology.

Your premise is based on man's point of view.

God's point of view is not man's point of view.

Since only God saves and man cannot save, 

I'll go with God's point of view. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

At the beginning of this thread, looking for constructive feedback on the thesis of my draft book, Religious Pluralism and the Trinity Absolute, I tried to summarize what I think is a rational, systematic, and worshipful advance in understanding the Trinity, not the Satanic heresy against orthodoxy that many of you seem to presuppose.

The Trinity Absolute is about freewill religious and political pluralism not exclusivism. Not one religion, but one world. Not one way, but one God. Not globalism, but internationalism. Not ghettos, but true multiculturalism. Religious Pluralism, democracy, and a reformed (no-veto) United Nations under universal law (or something very like it) must be made to work. There is no practical substitute for building on what we've got, and good free will is all we need.

Anyway, I believe that as St. Paul says, God will ultimately resurrect both the "just and the unjust" (Acts 24:15), so even though your exclusivist attitude is manifestly unjust to most believers, I expect to see you on the other side, and we'll have a good laugh about all this. I'll buy you a beer or a glass of wine (or whatever they drink over there) and we'll listen while God explains to us "all that wherein we differed," as the Qur'an puts it.

Samuel Stuart Maynes 

Edited by Samuel Stuart Maynes

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Samuel,  in reading through this thread, I tend to wonder what you know about Christianity and what you know about Islam.    Neither Christianity or Islam is going to ever accept a religion that both would agree to.......    Both would have to change their basic teachings....