• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

My  boss is also gay.  :(  She beleves she is born that way. I don't want to change jobs right now, cause jobs so hard to find.

I'm sorry but why would you have to change jobs just because your boss is gay? Threw out my life I have worked in places with several gay people and I have never felt the need to change jobs because of it. People are people. Maybe I don't like what they do but I also don't like drinking and partying every weekend. But I am not going to change jobs just because I work with someone who drinks and parties every weekend.

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who 
is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I tend to agree with what several of you have said.  We shouldn't hate or persecute gay people and we SHOULD reach out to them if they are receptive.  However, if they don't want to hear about Jesus or know about our faith then we are to walk away. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

My  boss is also gay.  :(  She beleves she is born that way. I don't want to change jobs right now, cause jobs so hard to find.

I'm sorry but why would you have to change jobs just because your boss is gay? Threw out my life I have worked in places with several gay people and I have never felt the need to change jobs because of it. People are people. Maybe I don't like what they do but I also don't like drinking and partying every weekend. But I am not going to change jobs just because I work with someone who drinks and parties every weekend.

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who 
is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

I would like to address this verse. After some thought. I think this verse is telling us that if someone claims to be a follower of Christ. But then behaves in an unchristian like manner, then we should stay away from them. Because if we do not, then the world will think that all of us Christians act in such a manner.  For example, if a pastor is corrupt in someway, say he is stealing money that is suppose to go to the poor. I think that as Christians we should have nothing to do with this person. So that the lost of the world will know that his behavior is unacceptable. Another example is I do not hang out with KKK members even though they claim to be Christians. Still though I should treat them with kindness.  I do not think that this verse is talking about people who do not claim to be Christians and are lost. I believe in my heart that the lost need to see the love of Christ in us more so then anyone. I believe that if we as Christians turn on back on them and refuse to help them when they are in need is not in line with the teachings of Christ. While Christ was on the cross dieing had been rejected by the world; he said "Father forgive then for they know not what they do." He still had love for us even though we rejected him. So you can do whatever you think you should do. But as for me, I will try my best to show love and compassion to anyone in need of it regardless if they accept my God or not. For I think this what Christ would want me to do.

If you believe that being gay is a sin and there for you should not have a boss that is gay. Then what about all the other things that are sinful? Should you quit your job if you find out your boss is cheating on his/her spouse? What if they drink to much on the weekends? What if they tell dirty jokes? What if they cheat on their taxes?  What if they simply are not a Christian?  Why does the sin of being gay get such attention over any other sin?

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If you belive that being gay is a sin and there for you should not have a boss that is gay. Then what about all the other things that are sinful? Should you quit your job if you find out your boss is cheating on his/her spouse? What if they drink to much on the weekends? What if they tell dirty jokes? What if they cheat on their taxes?  What if they simply are not a Christian?  Why does the sin of being gay get such attention over any other sin?

I agree. We can't all live like hermits. We have to earn a living in the real World.

That is right.  If a person claims to be a Christian and is a sinner then we are to have nothing to do with them.

But in the USA most people seem to believe he or she are Christian, but still sin, so I personally have little to do with such people.  Yet until God brings together his people in community here on earth, one can't truly obey what Paul wrote.

Jesus has shown me that there are very few Christians.

Edited by Johnlove

Some verses I would like to address:

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting

I think this is talking about someone who teaches something other then the teachings of Christ. Like a cult leader who proclaims to be Christ himself. Such people can corrupt the church and lead people astray.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

I think this is talking about evil things not people.

Some verses I would like to address:

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting

I think this is talking about someone who teaches something other then the teachings of Christ. Like a cult leader who proclaims to be Christ himself. Such people can corrupt the church and lead people astray.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

I think this is talking about evil things not people.

(Galatians 1:7-8) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.”  

Anyone who teaches a Gospel that different from what the apostles taught is condemned.  The Catholic Church started teaching a Gospel different from what the apostles taught, and has fallen into ruin. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I find the whole thread a little strange to tell you the truth.

"I like Gays", should actually, if we are to follow the teaching of Jesus, (the Word of God), read "I Love Gays".

Or am I wrong? 

I find the whole thread a little strange to tell you the truth.

"I like Gays", should actually, if we are to follow the teaching of Jesus, (the Word of God), read "I Love Gays".

Or am I wrong? 

Maybe not wrong, but . . . .

When we like someone, we are emotionally fond of them.

We can love someone, and not like them at all. We are called to love people, this means we seek their well being, we treat them well, seek their benefit, etc. In other words, we are called to action, not to emotion. Emotion is not something we can just turn on or off, but love, the bible kind, is a choice we can make and exercise even in spite of emotion.

I do not mean to suggest that love cannot be or accompany fondness, but I think you get the gist of what I am saying.