Taker

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

It is natural to have objections to a Bible statement. God does not require us to relinquish reasoning, but to keep our critical or objective thinking, subject to faith. Faith comes first and reasoning follows.

Accept the Bible as true first, give it the benefit of the doubt first, regardless of opinion and objection.

Then if you want to or need to, test God on His word, test the scriptures, test science,... whatever.

Its very hard to form a relationship with another human being if we don't accept them first. This does not mean that we agree or like each other, or ever will, but acceptance is a rule of life.Faith works by love and love is acceptance.

"thou shalt not have any other gods before Me" sets a condition of trust and acceptance.

At some point, we have to test or trust in God whether He will prove if the Bible is His Word or not.

It begins by trusting Him to do it for you.

The opposite position of suspicion and doubt is where science stands, so it is anti God. 

I have always trusted the Bible first, and as a consequence God has given me evidences, which evidences cannot be understood by science, first because they doubt, and so they have no capacity to know, except through endless generations of accumulated research. If we want to wait that long we'll be dead before they find out the truth.

I can scientifically prove the global flood, which I have attempted in scientific communities, but they as human beings do not have the ability to comprehend it. In fact what I presented was basically rejected.

However, people with faith in God get it.

There is something about doubt that shuts the mind down.

I don't believe you are faithless at all, but just have not been satisfied with the answers given in re to a global flood. God bless you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I don't believe in a global flood, there are more species of animals on planet earth than what could of fit inside Noah's ark even when its just a breeding pair ( oh and don't forget the unclean animals that was on the ark too). If you get a concordance and do a word study on the flood you will find the word earth doesn't just mean the planet but it also means the dirt beneath your feet and also the local area around you. Don't take my word for it, do the research for yourself but just have an open mind. God doesn't want us to be ignorant of these things.

Could you kindly give a breakdown of the number of original species there were on the ark, and the average space they would have each taken and compare this with the floor area of all the levels of the ark. From this basis we can determine the accuracy of your claims.

Can you? Other scientists have done the math and have concluded that it is impossible taking into account the size of the ark for a breeding pair of each animal species.

Also how do you explain how all the different animal species spread around the globe when all the continents are separated by vast amounts of water?

Could you quote posts from these "other scientists" please. Maybe you remember where you read that and could post your information for our education?  Until then your claim is a little weak.  And I hope these "other scientists took into account how most of the large terrestrial species have recently rapidly diversified into numerous sub-species find today, so its entirely possible there were less species on the ark, and these have since speciated n the last 4500 years.  Some examples of diversification where the DNA is still nearly identical is the canine range of species (dogs/ wolves). The big cats (lions and tigers).  Many species of antelope. etc etc etc

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

In my day scientists said that during an atomic explosion, all you need to do is "duck and cover." 

So you don't need a group of men with poor domestic habits to think for you, just get a pen and paper, write down all the basic types of animals, check their size and how much room they need, storage space, and human spaces etc.

Work out the size of the ark using the older larger cubit about 21 inches. It has three basic floors, plus mini floors not mentioned as floors because they are rooms above floor level. 

In my day scientists said that during an atomic explosion, all you need to do is "duck and cover." 

So you don't need a group of men with poor domestic habits to think for you, just get a pen and paper, write down all the basic types of animals, check their size and how much room they need, storage space, and human spaces etc.

Work out the size of the ark using the older larger cubit about 21 inches. It has three basic floors, plus mini floors not mentioned as floors because they are rooms above floor level. 

The main difficulty is in counting the number of original ark species to account for the species we observe today. no-one knows how many species of the large terrestrial animals there were originally. DNA analysis is pointing towards rapid recent speciation into various sub-species to fill ecological gaps. These sub-species can appear vastly different from eachother yet DNA analysis shows a greater than 99% DNA match indicating recent speciation. So evolutionists when mocking the concept of the ark often overestimate the number and size of species that would have been on the ark. The original mammals from which most modern mammals derive (Egyptian and Ethiopian late Mesozoic and early Cenozoic fossils) were physically small specimens.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I was reading this thread about how the ark was not large enough, and I couldn't help but smile.  If God can create everything, and flood the entire earth, it just never occurred to me that He could not fit whatever He wanted to fit, into any size box He wanted noah to build! Does God cease to exist if he performs a supernatural feat?

I also never thought the flood was only local, as all life would not be wiped out if it was only local.  I believe no dry land was left!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Reading the account in Genesis chapter 7, how could the flood only be local?

Genesis 7:17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits.[a][b] 21 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.

Verses 20-23 are really specific.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

When Noah was placing pairs of animals onto the ark it would seem logical that he would use baby animals rather than adult animals as they would take up less space and require less food.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

But how many of those would grow up in one year? The ark was ocean bound for a little over a year.

It would certainly help having young animals, because they would adapt more easily to their relative confinement.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,096
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Taker!
Job 38
The Lord Speaks

38 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt’?

12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?
17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 “What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?
20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,
23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?
24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?
25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,
26 to water a land where no one lives,
an uninhabited desert,
27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?
28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?
29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens
30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 “Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons[c]
or lead out the Bear[d] with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s[e] dominion over the earth?

34 “Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?
35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, ‘Here we are’?
36 Who gives the ibis wisdom[f]
or gives the rooster understanding?[g]
37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens
38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 “Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions
40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?
41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?

Spread the Gospel to Everyone.........pray that the hearts of many will be softened that they may receive Gods Truths,by the Power of the Holy Spirit................all the PROOF in the world cannot bring with it Wisdom or Understanding............our Hope is in Christ Jesus!

Knowledge so often gets in the way of Wisdom,we walk by Faith & not by sight!You have done well,pray for you well informed aquaintence

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950