• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Salty

Dan 9:24 - Seventy sevens have been decreed for your people and your holy city.

This cannot be changed.

You need to look in another direction for the days being shortened, for it does not mean what you are saying it means.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Since our Lord Jesus Christ did... shorten the time, like HE said, then you go directly against what He said, and the Matt.24 Scripture.

So you're not just disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with our Lord Jesus Christ, for there is no other way of interpretation of what He said there in Matt.24:22, "... for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened".

Salty

Your interpretation or view is wrong.  Matt 24:22 does not shorten the 70 sevens of Daniel 9:24.  The 70 sevens are set in concrete, they cannot be changed even by Jesus Christ.  Because He is the One who established the 70 sevens.

But if one looks at Rev 8:12 - the fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon and a third of the stars, so that a third of them was turned dark.  A third of the day was without light (those days shall be shortened), and also a third of the night.

Again you must look in a different direction, for your position violates the Prophecy in Dan 9:24.  There is no such thing as a 5 month second half of Daniels final week.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Why would anyone deny what our Lord Jesus said in that Matt.24:22 Scripture?

I can understand how many today can get confused about the end times events, because of all the false doctrines going around in today's Churches, including the false pre-trib rapture stuff, but flat out denial of something our Lord Jesus declared by His Authority is not something to consider lightly. Jesus said He shortened that time of the "great tribulation" He was talking about, for the sake of His elect, and that should be enough to know He meant it.

I can understand how many today can get confused about the end times events, because of all the false doctrines going around in today's Churches, including the false pre-trib rapture stuff, but flat out denial of something our Lord Jesus declared by His Authority is not something to consider lightly. Jesus said He shortened that time of the "great tribulation" He was talking about, for the sake of His elect, and that should be enough to know He meant it.

Salty

Let's look at your prophecy;

69 Sevens plus 4 years minus one month have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to:.   Now that sounds a lot better.  If Daniel is off here; can we really trust Daniels Four Kingdoms from king Neby's dream.  Can we really trust Daniel 12, Does Michael really stand up for Daniels people Israel.

I can go on and on when someone tries to change what prophecy says.   If there is a confliction between two different prophecies, then maybe they are different.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Jesus Christ is the Word; NT and OT.   If Jesus Christ initiated a prophecy in the OT, it will be fulfilled exactly as written.  70 Sevens are decreed.

Salty

Let's look at your prophecy;

69 Sevens plus 4 years minus one month have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to:.   Now that sounds a lot better.  If Daniel is off here; can we really trust Daniels Four Kingdoms from king Neby's dream.  Can we really trust Daniel 12, Does Michael really stand up for Daniels people Israel.

I can go on and on when someone tries to change what prophecy says.   If there is a confliction between two different prophecies, then maybe they are different.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Jesus Christ is the Word; NT and OT.   If Jesus Christ initiated a prophecy in the OT, it will be fulfilled exactly as written.  70 Sevens are decreed.

I... do not have a prophecy of my own. I am following GOD'S prophecy written in His Word.

And I listen to my Lord Jesus Christ in His Word, to include what He said in that Matt.24:22 verse that He shortened the time of the tribulation for the sake of His elect servants on earth.

Through Christ Jesus His prophecy of the 70 weeks came to Daniel, and through Christ Jesus He has The Authority to change the length of it, which He did per the Matt.24:22 Scripture.

But if you don't care to listen to Christ Jesus in that Matt.24:22 verse where He said he shortened the time, fine, take it up with Him and let's see who will win. He will, as I already know.

Salty

Christ Cannot change the 70 Sevens length of time.  Or else one assumes that Christ made a mistake in the first place in establishing the 70 - Sevens.

Again you must look in a different direction for your view of Matt 24:22.  Some say the time of wrath is shortened, but not the 70 Weeks.  I say the amount of daylight is shortened so the scorching heat will not kill all.  Very high heat index.  Longer nighttime cooling.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

Salty

Christ Cannot change the 70 Sevens length of time.  Or else one assumes that Christ made a mistake in the first place in establishing the 70 - Sevens.

Again you must look in a different direction for your view of Matt 24:22.  Some say the time of wrath is shortened, but not the 70 Weeks.  I say the amount of daylight is shortened so the scorching heat will not kill all.  Very high heat index.  Longer nighttime cooling.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I don't see how the 70 7s duration can change either.  Maybe its in how the terms are defined, a semantics issue?  There seems to be no shortage of definitions for the word "tribulation" as applied to the end times.  I see the tribulation ending at the sixth seal and the seventh seal commencing God's wrath.  I don't think the tribulation is a seven year thing.  Maybe it starts when the false prophet (antichrist) issues his "worship or die" ultimatum.  Maybe what gets cut short is the time that believers are persecuted...a sixth seal rapture?

Salty

In Christ

Montana Marv

You're the one making the mistake. Since when is God not able to change a pending judgment because He is a merciful God? Did He not hold back His destruction of Nineveh once they repented? I'm sorry if the fact that Jesus shortened the length of the great tribulation upsets your understanding of the end of days timeline per what He gave Daniel, but you need to take that up with Him.

Salty

In Christ

Montana Marv

You're the one making the mistake. Since when is God not able to change a pending judgment because He is a merciful God? Did He not hold back His destruction of Nineveh once they repented? I'm sorry if the fact that Jesus shortened the length of the great tribulation upsets your understanding of the end of days timeline per what He gave Daniel, but you need to take that up with Him.

Salty

It is not a pending judgment, it is a decree.  The same to be said about a covenant.  Once God has established it, it cannot be broken by God.  The 70 Sevens are a decree from God to the nation Israel.  It is a covenant type of a decree.  It cannot be shortened or lengthen, for it has been established.

If God can shorten the length of the final week, then He can omit all the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl judgments.  He can excuse the 144,000, the two witnesses, Satan pursuing Israel, the A/C and the false prophet.  Maybe there really was not an Olivet Discourse.  

Prophecy is Prophecy and must be fulfilled 100 percent as predicted.  Nineveh is not a good example.  I wonder if Isa. 7:14 and Micah 5:2 were or will be fulfilled 100 percent.  The 70 Sevens are prophecy.  They cannot be changed

In Christ

Montana Marv

Salty

In Christ

Montana Marv

Salty

It is not a pending judgment, it is a decree.  The same to be said about a covenant.  Once God has established it, it cannot be broken by God.  The 70 Sevens are a decree from God to the nation Israel.  It is a covenant type of a decree.  It cannot be shortened or lengthen, for it has been established.

If God can shorten the length of the final week, then He can omit all the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl judgments.  He can excuse the 144,000, the two witnesses, Satan pursuing Israel, the A/C and the false prophet.  Maybe there really was not an Olivet Discourse.  

Prophecy is Prophecy and must be fulfilled 100 percent as predicted.  Nineveh is not a good example.  I wonder if Isa. 7:14 and Micah 5:2 were or will be fulfilled 100 percent.  The 70 Sevens are prophecy.  They cannot be changed

In Christ

Montana Marv

Take it up with Him, like I said.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Salty

In Christ

Montana Marv

Salty

In Christ

Montana Marv

That is correct Marv - if prophecy is not fulfilled then God has lied to us.