question that has been preventing me from investigating Christianity f

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

From what I understand, God originally planned humanity to be perfect and to live with him in harmony forever. How was the life God destined for me and you altered because of a careless decision someone else made? Romans 3:23 says because one man sinned we all fall short of the glory of God. When Satan/Luficer/The Devil sinned did all angels fall short of the glory of God as well? That isn't the case. So why is it humans are the only part of creation that this weird concept seems to apply to? Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

You have a wrong quotation of Romans 3:23

23 for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,

That says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, not through one man all fall short. 

Through one man, the world is in a fallen state but it is your sins that condemn you. 

Fallen angels have no chance at redemption. Fallen people can be saved through Jesus. Big difference. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Shalom Alex,

Welcome to Worthy !!

You might want to look at the context of Matthew 5:48

Mat 5:46  For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47  And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax-collectors do so?
Mat 5:48  Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

(gills commentary says)

Be ye therefore perfect, as your Father,.... This perfection is to be restrained to the subject Christ is upon, love to men, and not to be referred to any, or every other thing; wherefore, in Luk_6:36 it is, "be ye merciful, as your Father also is merciful"; and regards not a perfection of degree in that, but objects and quality: that is to say, not that men may, or can, or ought to be as perfect in love, as to the degree of it, as God is; that is impossible: the "as" here, is not a note of equality, but of likeness: such, who profess God to be their Father, ought to imitate him, particularly in their love to men, which ought to be extended to the same objects, as the divine goodness is; that, as he shows regard in a providential way to all men, good and bad, just and unjust, and his tender mercies are over all his works; so ought they to love all men with a natural affection, and hate no man, no, not their enemies: for he that loves only his friends, and not his enemies, loves imperfectly; he does not take in the whole compass of objects his love is to extend unto; and as God loves sincerely, and without dissimulation, so should they. To be "perfect", is to be sincere and upright: in this sense is the word often used, and answers to the Hebrew word תמים, which signifies the same: see  Deu_18:13 which is the passage Christ seems to refer to here; and the sense is, be ye sincere and upright in your love to all men, as your heavenly Father is hearty and sincere in his affections to them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Angels do not beget other angels, so they cannot pass on the defect of sin. Adam and Eve passed on that defect, which includes physical death to their offspring, and so we cannot escape it. We need the deliverance that only comes through a perfect deliverer---Jesus.

So angels can escape it but we can't.

Why is this? Why are the circumstances surrounding my existence so different from that of the existence of angels? Why do they have such a big advantage?

It seems like they get a get out of jail free pass. They do not have to work towards rebuilding a relationship or pleasing God because they are already perfect in his eyes.

Angels are heavenly creatures. They are not like us and have been created for another purpose. We were created to have fellowship with God---intimate fellowship. Angels (a whole order of them) are ministering spirits doing the will of God---concerning us. God's love and focus is man. Fallen angels are not on the hook for sin except the fallen ones who chose rebellion against God---there is no hope for them, but there is hope for us because He loves us so much!

Righteous angels remained in their roles and did not rebel. Why should they be cast out of heaven with the rebels?

This wavering love you speak of concerns me. If he is willing to offer reconciliation to some of his creation but not all then I cannot see how is he fair or loving.

But again, this is not the primary part of my question.

What wavering love??? His angelic creation is not whom He covets! His righteous angels are holy. The ones who rebelled are already condemned, and cast out of heaven. DONE! Human beings are created in His image, and are the objects of His love! That is why He made a way for us. I, for one, appreciate it.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Think nephilim?

The punishment for sin is for the sins you commit. Not one person is without sin. The Lord, knowing people would sin, provided a way for their sins to be paid for. Get to know Jesus. He is your escape from punishment for sin.

But why is it I have to work towards a relationship with God in the first place? Why is it broken? 

Your sins keep you from God. There is only one way to repair that: through Jesus. 

Exactly. My sins keep me from God. But my question revolves around the idea that why does Adam/Eve's sins keep me from God?

Their sins only cause you to live in a fallen world, a world cursed because of their sins. Your sins keep you from God. Seeking to toss blame on to adam and eve does not excuse your sins nor does it excuse you from your need for Jesus. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Alex,,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy......I do not mean tho sound sarcastic but in reality ,if you think that you are being punished unnecessarily(you said Adam & Eve never consulted with you,right?)& can be perfect & follow all of Gods laws then you are also free to choose to live by the law & be judged by it as well.........God knew that each & every one of us would sin & provided us a way to be reconciled back to Him............we all have free will,,anyone that thinks they are unlike the two in the garden & are without sin & do not need a Savior are free to give the law a try?

Alex,the angels were not born into this world as we were .as descendants of Adam & Eve.....they were created beings & 1/3 of them chose to follow lucifer....they were cast out of Heaven

Also,you did not even have to be born  ,,,,,,yet God knew you before you were in the womb, & He loves you - Glory to God for His infinite Wisdom & Knowledge....He knows your heart   and all the choices you would make,give Jesus a try,,,,no one will love you better!                                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think anyone has been able to answer this part yet:

Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

I already answered it. Sin is inherited by the human race. Angels do not procreate. The holy angels remained in their holy position and those tainted by the devil rebelled with him. They have been cast out of heaven, never to gain entrance again. Their punishment is the fire of hell.

Some have said that sin is in our DNA---I believe that is a good thought that illustrates how we are born sinners, and destined for judgment until we receive that free gift of salvation that Jesus Christ has bought for us and freely offers us.

Angels are responsible for their sins or lack of sin. 

Just like you are condemned for your sins and only your sins. Not your father's sins. Not adam's sins. Yours. 

You are accepting the punishment for your sins alone. Unless you turn to Jesus. Then He bears the burden of your sins. 

Fallen angels do not have the option of getting saved by Jesus. You are ahead of things there.

Fantasy, speculation - tomato, tomato. Sure the Bible doesn't teach it, but it sure seems that is what happen.

"Angels do not beget other angels, so they cannot pass on the defect of sin."?

Where is that in the Bible?

This is a welcome thread---not a debate thread.