question that has been preventing me from investigating Christianity f

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Fantasy, speculation - tomato, tomato. Sure the Bible doesn't teach it, but it sure seems that is what happen.

"Angels do not beget other angels, so they cannot pass on the defect of sin."?

Where is that in the Bible?

This is a welcome thread---not a debate thread.

Actually I couldn't post in any of the other sections so I had to choose this one.

So far I am still disappointed and upset at the fact no one has been able to provide me with a satisfying response.

I don't think anyone has been able to answer this part yet:

Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

Angels are responsible for their sins or lack of sin. 

Just like you are condemned for your sins and only your sins. Not your father's sins. Not adam's sins. Yours. 

You are accepting the punishment for your sins alone. Unless you turn to Jesus. Then He bears the burden of your sins. 

Fallen angels do not have the option of getting saved by Jesus. You are ahead of things there.

I am not condemned for only my sins. It is obvious that Adam and Eve's sins are very condemning to the entire human race. Now everyone has to restore their relationship with God or they will go to hell. If Adam and Eve hadn't sinned, their wouldn't have to be any relationship to restore or any reconciliation to happen. Their sins seems pretty condemning to me.

Edited by alexhasquestions

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Let's remember that this is not an area for debate, it is the welcome forums and someone has a genuine question. People disrupting that can and will be banned from the thread.

Also, Alex, now that you have 5 posts you should be able to post in seeker's lounge and outer court. Questions such as this may be able to be better addressed in the seeker's lounge, though, I understand you didn't have that ability initially.

Let's remember that this is not an area for debate, it is the welcome forums and someone has a genuine question. People disrupting that can and will be banned from the thread.

Also, Alex, now that you have 5 posts you should be able to post in seeker's lounge and outer court. Questions such as this may be able to be better addressed in the seeker's lounge, though, I understand you didn't have that ability initially.

So should I create another thread in the seekers lounge?

I looked and it doesn't look like that section of the forum has much attention in it. I don't think it would be a good place to look for answers.

Edited by alexhasquestions

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Why did other angels not have to share punishment for what Satan did? But yet, I am supposed to accept the punishment for what Adam/Eve did? How does this make any sense?

Just like you are condemned for your sins and only your sins. Not your father's sins. Not adam's sins. Yours. 

You are accepting the punishment for your sins alone. Unless you turn to Jesus. Then He bears the burden of your sins. 

Fallen angels do not have the option of getting saved by Jesus. You are ahead of things there.

I am not condemned for only my sins. It is obvious that Adam and Eve's sins are very condemning to the entire human race. Now everyone has to restore their relationship with God or they will go to hell. If Adam and Eve hadn't sinned, their wouldn't have to be any relationship to restore or any reconciliation to happen. Their sins seems pretty condemning to me.

Well, you've got it! It is because of Adam and Eve's disobedience, that they fell out of relationship with God. Something changed within them at that moment that they partook of the fruit that they were forbidden to eat. Now, all of the human race has been infected with that defect---unrighteousness. We are not condemned because of certain sins we commit. We are condemned because we are inherently unrighteous. That is our legal standing before the Judge---God Himself. We need that lawyer, Jesus---our Advocate---to plead our case and to cover us with His own blood so that the Judge---God---will look upon us as righteous as His Son.

So should I create another thread in the seekers lounge?

I looked and it doesn't look like that section of the forum has much attention in it. I don't think it would be a good place to look for answers.

That section is moderated in a different way, which prevents a lot of non-important things from getting through in threads.  I could also move this thread there, directly.

Well, you've got it! It is because of Adam and Eve's disobedience, that they fell out of relationship with God. Something changed within them at that moment that they partook of the fruit that they were forbidden to eat. Now, all of the human race has been infected with that defect---unrighteousness. We are not condemned because of certain sins we commit. We are condemned because we are inherently unrighteous. That is our legal standing before the Judge---God Himself. We need that lawyer, Jesus---our Advocate---to plead our case and to cover us with His own blood so that the Judge---God---will look upon us as righteous as His Son.

So now the more important questions come up:

Why should I have to deal with the consequences of Adam/Eve's decision? Why is the relationship God originally destined you and me to have with him altered because of two idiots?

Moved at OPs request.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Well alexhasquestions, I know you want to know justness because that is our pratically our purpose as mankind. The thing about the Bible, however, is that it really doesn't speak much about things not related directly to mankind. What is just to angels, really isn't in the Bible all that much.

God is just -- though, what is just to some is different from what is just to others, and still, it can be just. Essentially, we do not have the same purpose as angels and so we do not share the same qualia of what is just to them.

More, the only thing I can really think of to compare original sin between man and angels is offspring. And for that reason, I think the question itself is phrased wrong. Instead, it should be: is inequity of the father given to both mankind and angels offspring. You see, the angels themselves are fathered by God himself, and he has no inequity to pass on to his offspring.

But this is all speculation because, as far as I know, it is not in the Bible. So, it is like a paradox, where the paradox, or question itself, is the error.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

So now the more important questions come up:

Why should I have to deal with the consequences of Adam/Eve's decision? Why is the relationship God originally destined you and me to have with him altered because of two idiots?

We don't have to deal with anything. Jesus did it for us. all we have to do is accept His payment for our unrighteousness, and take on His righteousness, a free gift from God.

We will know the answer to your first question when we are able to stand before God Himself and ask it, and then it may not have to be asked. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, someone else would have, and our flesh will have been made corrupt by that weakness.