Vanessa04

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We have a human spirit, but we are not part of God's family till we are born again of the Holy Spirit. To have this we need to repent and receive Christ as Savior and Lord. God then starts changing our attitudes to conform to His own---more and more so as we read and apply His Word to our lives. Even this can affect the way we look by softening our features as the facial muscles relax due to God's peace and joy. All Christians should have this beauty.

When I was a teen I was ridiculed by co workers who spitefully called me "miss merry sunshine". At the time I didn't realize what a compliment that was. I just felt their scorn.

But genes are also damaged by radiation and by chemicals. These can be natural, such as radon or living near the poles or the thinning of the ozone layer. Some natural foods contain harmful chemicals and when eaten in large amounts can cause genetic damage. Over centuries the lifespan of man has shortened for this reason. So our appearace has been directed by our inherited genetic composition as well as in utero damage. God created us to be perfect. Our chromosomes are no longer perfect.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah I am pretty sure God is responsible for how I look.  Except for the whole being a little round thing.  I been losing it though!  

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

As mentioned above, Jeremiah 1:5 (“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you”) indicates God takes responsibility for forming us in the womb. Also, as mentioned above, we are born to bring glory to God no matter what our condition. (Jn 9:2-3 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.)

Take a look at the life of Nick Vujicic. (http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org) God built Nick with no arms or legs. No one knows why - physically. But, Spiritually, Nick has proven worthy of the "blessing" of having such a difficult life. And he will praise God for it eternally because GOD TRUSTED HIM SO MUCH that God gave Nick such a challenging way to honor Him. And, so will the countless thousands, if not millions, of people whose lives were changed for the better because Nick was in their lives and reflected God's love and mercy to them.

I have an unusually sized body. There is nothing I could have done about being born this way. When people tease me about it, I tell them, "This is the way God made me. If you have a problem with it, take it up with God."

Lastly, I believe blue eyes are a resessive gene. That means if both parents have a gene for brown eyes and blue eyes, if they had four children, theoretically, three of the four would have brown eyes and one would have blue eyes.

Edited by Earnest

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

well, truth be known...   I'm fat.....    and that's my doings not Gods.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I do not believe God is responsible for how we look or for birth defects etc.  What God created, He called 'good'.  

The impossible to calculate combination of genes through the centuries are responsible....God knowing us in the womb means He knew who we were as He is

outside of time as we know it.  

Taking drugs can create all kinds of birth defects....does that mean God planned for the baby to be born prematurly or disfigured?  If God is responsbile for

how we each look, then He really must not care too much for some of us IMO

He knows those who are His because He knows what our response to Him will be.

GOD TRUSTED HIM SO MUCH that God gave Nick such a challenging way to honor Him

Not to disparage anyone, but I reject this belief and do not believe it to be scriptural.  Again, not to hurt, but I really do not see this in the Bible.

What I do see, is sin creating a fallen state for all life on planet earth. 

To say God trusted a person so much that he gave him a terrible birth defect, is the same as saying God trusted the Smith family so much he

had their children slaughtered by a madman while the couple were celebrating their 20th anniversary.  (fictitious example)

God does not create chaos, pain and suffering.  Fallen mankind does that.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Well when Moses was feeling bad about his physical self after God had called him to be a mouthpiece or spokesman for God as he was called to be a prophet for God.  Moses started pointing out to God his own physical short comings that were in his mind.  In how he wasn't an eloquent man that he was and had both a slow speech and a slow tongue.  God didn't have any problem with the way Moses talked and even told Moses that.  But Moses afterwards still asked God to send somebody else to speak for him in his place.  Of course the Lord got very angry at Moses because he thought he didn't speak well enough for God to use him as a mouthpiece.  But that wasn't true at all as God is strong in our weaknesses.  But God nevertheless asks about Aaron his brother and tells Moses that "I know that he can speak well" so Aaron ended up being a mouthpiece for Moses because he felt inadequate in his own eyes to speak for God.  But that was not true except in his own preception of his own self because his speech and tongue was slow.  You can read this in Exodus 4 but look what God said to Moses after pointing out his physical defects to God in....

Exodus 4:10-17 - And Moses said unto the Lord, O my LORD,  I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant:  but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.   And the LORD said unto him,  Who hath made man's mouth?  or who maketh the dumb or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind?   have not I the LORD?   Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.  And he said, O my LORD, send I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.   And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses,  and he said,  Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother?  "I know that he can speak well"  And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee" and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.  And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.  And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.

It is God who makes us as we are.  It is God who chose to give us the parents we were given that gives us the hair color, the eye color or how tall or short we will be our nationality etc.,  It is God who chose all those things before we were born into this world.  But the truth is whatever we look like or sound like or whatever flaws we have God loves us and can use us just as we are.  Thinking we aren't worthy or any good in the eyes of people or in the eyes of God is a "lie" from the devil himself.  God is our Creator and maker with all of what we think are our flaws and or what we consider our strenghts and he can use us for the purpose he created each and everyone of us for in this life.  To show forth his power and glory in us that the power of God can be manifested in us.  His grace is sufficient as apostle Paul said that he would rather boast in his weaknesses that the power of God would rest upon him. 

Accepting ourselves as we are is sometimes hard because we look at ourselves through the eyes of others and through our natural carnal worldly eyes instead of God's eyes.  Therefore we can't see ourselves as God created us to be in his image in all three area's of our being our body, our soul and our spirits.

Knowing someone doesn't mean you made them that way.

God is our creator....but He has put things in motion...He does not re-create....trees grow without God making them over

I'm not sure why how we think about ourselves reflects on whether or not we have blue or brown eyes though

Absolutely God made us...but the question is, is He RESPONSIBLE...God is not responsible for sin, surely, so regarding birth defects...did God create the birth defect?  Well, no

God created all things perfect and sin has distorted what God created.

That's my understanding...I know others have a different view...in fact I used to have that view...I don't any longer

That's all.  Thanks

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

:)  your welcome

smile_20.png

Its not a debate.  It's not political.  It's not religion.

I had no prob with oc's post and neither did they with mine.

What you state is not so.

However, I don't care to hang around arguing over it with you.  This thread is actually split so if you would like to

continue to make points on your thoughts, I guess you will have to contact someone who responded with the same

response as I did.

unfollowing