• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

The antichrist and the great tribulation.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/17/1942

Was that referring to Paul's time, is it generally for all time or is it specifically as we approach the End Times?

I believe that I can see many examples of it now.

In context:

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(KJV)

The Jewish period of time known as the "END TIMES" was a reference to the period of time following the captivity. Before the captivity time was spoken of as "Former times or days."

The great delusion that is being prophesied here is the great delusion and lie that the Zealots believed. They believed the lie that if they started a war with Rome that God would give them the victory.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Was that referring to Paul's time, is it generally for all time or is it specifically as we approach the End Times?

In context:

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(KJV)

We do see this already in advanced stages don't you think? I sometimes wonder how much worse things can get---it is already so bad :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The thing that gives me hope is that every month another dozen or so people in our church give their lives to Christ.  Most follow up with discipleship and regular church attendance.  God is not willing that any should perish.  The Holy spirit is still working.  Since this is no longer the politically correct thing or fashionable thing, it is more likely that these are true sheep.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/01/1977

What I am thinking is ... this kind of judgement comes on the wicked wherever God's people keep their Holiness. When God's people are righteous, God punishes the wicked ... otherwise the thing reversed ... Amen !

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

In context:

(KJV)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it applies to Paul's time and ours. There has always been a spirit of antichrist around, and for people of any time who reject Jesus, they are open to any and all delusions and lies. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Past, Present, and Future...

Just as He is

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

In context:

(KJV)

Future generations will look back on our time and stand in awe of our ungodly hubris, debauchery and licentiousness.  

They will teach their children that we got what we deserved.

And they will be right.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft... 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

The argument we hear from so many, that the last days are limited to that period of time immediately before the Second Coming of Jesus, is simply unfounded when we look at teaching of the whole of the New Testament. In fact, when Jesus took on human flesh, lived a perfect life, died upon a cross, rose again from the dead and ascended into heaven, human history entered its final phase. While the duration of this period of time (the last days) is never revealed to us, it is certain that the last days began with the first coming of Christ and will end at his second (compare Hebrews 1:2  with Matthew 13:39)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

In context:

(KJV)

Hey oakwood,

I think I would agree with ted on this, to me it appears to deal more with the time of "the man of lawlessness."  I'll offer you my understanding on this, and see what you think.

My understanding is that once Satan is cast out of heaven for good is when the great tribulation begins, this would be in conjunction with the first woe.  It is at that time the antichrist will rise from the fatal head wound.  I believe that this action is what causes the strong delusion.  It is supposition on my part, but based on the character of the enemy, regarding his tactics of trying to copy God's plan, that the antichrist will most likely rise after three days.  The delusion will be that many will mistake the antichrist for Jesus.

Many unbelievers know some of the basics of our faith.  Such as the resurrection of Jesus, and that He rose after three days, simply because they are familiar with Easter and a lot of the details regarding the resurrection.  They know these things, they just don't believe them.  So the delusion is that they will mistake him for the Messiah, and therefore believe that Christians had it all wrong.  This would also explain the sudden acceptance of mass beheadings.  Right now, even non-believers would be opposed to beheading people publicly if you asked them their opinions on the practice, but in the last days we see that scripture states this will be an accepted practice.  Something will have to sway their opinions on the matter, and I believe this will be the trigger.

Revelation 13:One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”

Revelation 13:12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

Satan will also be able to perform great signs, so I think the delusion revolves around the mockery of the trinity.  The delusion comes from God in two ways.  First, because Satan will be cast out of heaven on God's order.  And second, because the prophecy of the Messiah comes from scripture itself.  Satan may know what scripture says, but he does not understand it, just like any unbeliever.  Understanding the scripture comes from having the Holy Spirit, which neither Satan or unbelievers have.  The fact that Satan does not understand it is clear to me based on his efforts to copy God in the first place, which he does throughout scripture.  And when we arrive at this time, Satan puts his efforts into claiming Jerusalem, because he mistakenly thinks that this is where God intends to reign from, as opposed to the New Jerusalem.

I look forward to your response, God bless.