LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Is it wrong to ask why God allowed something to happen to you? It is wrong to ask God why he did not stop something from happen?  Will trying to find the reason for it all drive me insane?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Its only wrong if you allow your faith to sway. The Bible is full of people asking why-whats important is to keep the faith, no matter the answer. Joy comes through suffering.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Is it wrong to ask why God allowed something to happen to you? It is wrong to ask God why he did not stop something from happen?  Will trying to find the reason for it all drive me insane?

No it is not wrong to ask why.God has broad shoulders.God is with us during our most difficult times.To make us stronger from what we are enduring.There is a reason for everything that happens in our lives.Sometimes we do not understand why.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Sometimes I feel guilty when I question God, knowing that He is always in control, and nothing happens against His will. But I take comfort in knowing also that God remembers we are but dust - we get frightened, anxious, and confused. He takes pity, and refuses to forsake or abandon us.

The answers may not come this side of heaven - but they will come.

Paul wrote: " For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (1 Corinthians 13:12)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I guess it all depends on the attitude one has when asking. I picture two images, one of a spoiled child with his heals dug in screaming why, and the other of someone who accepts the answer but asks for explanation for a better understanding. The former will get nowhere, while the latter will grow in Him. We learn through understanding, though faith is what brings the answer, allowing Him to answer through the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

We can ask but God who knows the future and what is best for all of us does not have to answer...He is God. Remember Job?? How did God answer him? I think it is best to accept and know that God in His infinite wisdom allows things to happen so that His good and perfect will is done. Is it what we want? I dare say not always but if we pray ' Your will be done' all will be what is best. He wants us to trust Him for our good.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

If you rest in the fact that God loves you and has it all under control, and is working all things together for good because you love Him; then even though you don't understand why, you will have peace. He uses the circumstances we are in to make us stronger christians as we overcome in spite of them. Sometimes it doesn't feel like we overcome, but when we rely on Christ for strength, wisdom and help, we do. Our faith is like a muscle: it must be exercised and afterwards it may be sore, but it is stronger. But when you lie there exhausted, sore, hurting and feeling no strength, we tend to ask why. But it is times like that in which we must trust and rest in God's strength. He will keep you.

It is when we are down and hurting that satan attacks our minds with doubts and fears. We don't have to listen to those because they are lies. So we can just say "I don't have to listen to lies!"

We are told that we go through hard times so we can help others with the same help we were given. Meanwhile, practice being thankful and praising God simply because He is worthy.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'll relay a personal experience and maybe it will and maybe it will not help.

My wife has MS.   early on there was nothing that the medical industry had to offer her for help.  Her prognosis was not really pleasant.   I prayed and prayed and asked for help to no avail.   I have seen miracles so I know/knew that God could heal her with less than a blink of an eye, so it was not my faith that was bothered, but my attitude.   Quite frankly I was very angry.  After some time i let my anger get the best of my attitude and actually went out in the back yard and shook my fist in Gods face and called him out.....    I flat out demanded that he heal her or tell me why.   It did not shake my belief in him for I knew he was real.

I could go on into detail but I'd rather not get too personal with my shortcomings and just say that I got rather spit faced angry in his face and demanded to know why.....   I was so hurt that he wouldn't help that I was literally devastated.

It was the third time I heard God speak in a voice I could not distinguish between my head and my ears.     It was in a very kind and loving voice when I heard,    Sam, that is between myself and her.........   it's really none of your business.

What does one do with that.....     I was really expecting lightening.....   I really was....     even though it has a huge effect on my life, it really isn't any of my business, but only her relationship with him.

He did tell me later in a much different way that she was going to be somewhat OK, but not healed.

I still don't know why......   but the way he handled me surely strengthened my faith rather than destroying it.    Life is extremely complex and sometimes his dealings with others carry over to us.   We have to trust that it's for someone's best interests and sometimes carries over into our lives.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

It is wrong to expect that you can understand the why?

Yeah Maybe

God is bigger than our ability to understand Him and to think you can, or should could be matter of pride...which is wrong

But if you are going to ask why, listen to and accept the answers, (from God) whether they make sense to you or not

Because really, if God made sense to us, He wouldn't be much of a God

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Are you asking to have the pain removed so that it doesn't hurt so bad? There are times that life is like the fiery pit of hell that we seem to wade through. I think the harder question to ask is "Lord, how can I be a better servant through this trial?"

I pray peace for whatever trial one may be going through.