Jenica

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I was chatting with a friend the other day and I mentioned I tripped across a website online and I was appalled and so sad when I saw it. I quickly left and felt so upset. I never looked around too much to know but she later told me it was a satire website. My friend also said I was so naive to think it was a real website and everyone knew it was a satire and it was supposed to be seen as humorous.

I don't think it's humorous at all. I think it's shameful and horrible.

Please don't go to the website if you haven't heard of it...I'm not trying to offend. I just wondered if everyone had heard of it and what their opinion of it is. The website is called the Landover Baptist forum. I feel foolish that I thought it was real but I was so horrified thinking it was. After all. The Westboro baptist church is true and real.

How are we supposed to know what websites are real or trustworthy. It's so discouraging.

I'm very glad to know that the Landover one is not real because it is simply horrific. I'm still extremely sad that it's exists and people waste valuable time posting such horrible things.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

Going by what some churches teach it does not sound like satire, nevertheless it is a misleading and blatantly sacrilegious site, which I hope enough people can call for a statement of intention or the nature of content be placed with the advertisement, the listing and every page on the web site.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  67

I can't say that I have ever heard of it, but I tend to avoid unknown sites on the internet.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

It is becoming difficult in some cases to distinguish between what is real and what is satire or false. I guess they figure that they are protected by freedom of speech in the USA. The term phantasmagoria refers to shifting series of real or imaginary figures as in a dream and this can be disturbing to some people, especially children who are the most susceptible to fixations and conditioning factors. Just a few days ago, I clicked through a post on Facebook that concerned the beheading of a man who was being punished for being what they referred to as a "worshiper of the cross." It showed a video of the actual beheading. It was terrible. I watched it though once, but not again after that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I was chatting with a friend the other day and I mentioned I tripped across a website online and I was appalled and so sad when I saw it. I quickly left and felt so upset. I never looked around too much to know but she later told me it was a satire website. My friend also said I was so naive to think it was a real website and everyone knew it was a satire and it was supposed to be seen as humorous.

Please don't go to the website if you haven't heard of it...I'm not trying to offend. I just wondered if everyone had heard of it and what their opinion of it is. The website is called the Landover Baptist forum. I feel foolish that I thought it was real but I was so horrified thinking it was. After all. The Westboro baptist church is true and real.

How are we supposed to know what websites are real or trustworthy. It's so discouraging.

I'm very glad to know that the Landover one is not real because it is simply horrific. I'm still extremely sad that it's exists and people waste valuable time posting such horrible things.

there are several of them....   we occasionally get something posted from one of them here.    You just have to pay attention to what is on the site.    I agree that they are sad, and destructive to good communication for a lot of them are written so well they look real.

Someone posted a list of them a while ago, but I can't find it anywhere.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

I don't go to unknown  websites.They can be dangerous.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

I've seen it.  It is a sickening and, frankly, frightening satirical outpouring of hate.   That anyone is so devoted to doing dirt on Christianity is really twisted.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Landover is a fake site. Someone I know investigated it and found out it is run by an atheist group. I know 2 people who were banned from there for witnessing. It is strictly a role playing site meant to mock Christians.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

There is a flood of satire websites I'm seeing come across facebook, landlover, worldnewsdaily, etc.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Landover is a fake site. Someone I know investigated it and found out it is run by an atheist group. I know 2 people who were banned from there for witnessing. It is strictly a role playing site meant to mock Christians.

And that being said, lets leave it to decay into oblivion shall we?