• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

John 14:2 

InG1722 myG3450 Father'sG3962 houseG3614 areG1526 manyG4183 mansions:G3438 if it were notG1490 so, I would have toldG2036 G302 you.G5213 I goG4198 to prepareG2090 a placeG5117 for you.G5213

G3438
μονή
monē
mon-ay'
From G3306; a staying, that is, residence (the act or the place): - abode, mansion.

Guest shiloh357

mansion is not an actual translation, and the word would not have conjured up our definition of a mansion in the minds of the disciples.   When jesus spoke to his disciples, they were not thinking of 150 room palaces like we do.

The Word of Faith heretics (like Jesse Duplantis)  have done a lot of damage telling the church that they are going to get "mansions"  and huge pieces of real estate in heaven and that Bible makes no such claims.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Peeps....

Hey Sis.love you!!!! Great topic,,,,,,,,I often think about Our Heavenly Father giving the literal "blueprints" to Solomon for building His Temple,that magnificent Temple was merely a shadow of what is in Heaven,,,,,,,,,,I cannot even imagine what Heaven is like,I cannot imagine being able to stand in the Presence of God,in His Glory!!!!!!!!When John got a glimpse of Heaven he could not even describe the colors to that of anything on earth,,,he said "like jasper" or "like emeralds',,,pure gold"like unto glass" and so on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Will there be mansions?I would imagine that the teeny weeniest little "room" in Heaven is probably grater and more beautiful that any Beverly Hills or Palm Beach Mansion our eyes have ever beheld,,,,,,,I cannot imagine anything less for the dwelling place of God Most High,I think for the first 20 million years I may be on my knees,mouth wide open,speechless,,,just basking in Gods Glory,maybe after then I might have a look around? To God be the Glory,Honor ,Praise & Thanksgiving,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pearly Gates?I dunno,I imagine ALL things are possible for the Creator of this amazing universe

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Reminds me of my favorite song " I Can Only Imagine"

Guest Butero

The fact of the matter is, nobody can be 100 percent sure whether the mansions are literal mansions along streets of gold, or a magnificent mansion like dwelling place or room within the Father's house.  The word translated to mansion can have different meanings.  Until I see different, I believe it will be literal mansions.  Not perhaps 150 rooms, but maybe 20?  Who knows?  We all have different desires.  I don't really know, and I don't really care.  I agree with Kwikphilly that it will be wonderful regardless.  Still, I am expecting an old style mansion with hard wood floors, a nice fireplace and antique style furniture.  If I don't get that, I can only imagine it will be better than what I was looking for, not less. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I just want a little cottage on the edge of the forest....   We want to play with the tigers and lions and watch them grow, and listen to all the pretty birds that should be there....

Not worried about some big old place or being over others....   just a nice place to be close to and interface with the Lord.

The word "mansion" doesn't mean in the Greek the same thing as our western materialistic minds think of when we think of "mansions."     The false teachers and false prophets have used this verse to incorrectly present the word 'dwelling places"  to refer to something akin to 150 room mansions for every believer.   

It was common in ancient Jewish culture to refer to heaven as God's house.   Jesus was not talking about each believer living in something akin to Buckingham palace. He was using the imagery of a slave being honored by being given a room in the house of the master.    Jesus, in no way, was talking about the purely western, concept of a mansion.

:thumbsup:

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after;

that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,

to behold the beauty of the LORD,

and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4

~

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it;

and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face;

and his name shall be in

their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

The word "mansion" doesn't mean in the Greek the same thing as our western materialistic minds think of when we think of "mansions."     The false teachers and false prophets have used this verse to incorrectly present the word 'dwelling places"  to refer to something akin to 150 room mansions for every believer.   

It was common in ancient Jewish culture to refer to heaven as God's house.   Jesus was not talking about each believer living in something akin to Buckingham palace. He was using the imagery of a slave being honored by being given a room in the house of the master.    Jesus, in no way, was talking about the purely western, concept of a mansion.

That is what I was trying to say shiloh.Thanks.  :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

I don't know why the misconception that we will live in Heaven ever started except where that phrase is used euphemistically in Scripture.  Read Rev. 20 & 21 to see where we will be for eternity.  Heaven is GOD'S domain where His throne and the records are kept.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

mansion is not an actual translation, and the word would not have conjured up our definition of a mansion in the minds of the disciples.   When jesus spoke to his disciples, they were not thinking of 150 room palaces like we do.

The Word of Faith heretics (like Jesse Duplantis)  have done a lot of damage telling the church that they are going to get "mansions"  and huge pieces of real estate in heaven and that Bible makes no such claims.  

In the days of the disciples, the Pharisees had the mansions, which people like Judas coveted. They were multistory with accompanying gardens and views.

The history of Israel proves it. So we do know what the disciples had in mind.

When the Bible talks about heaven, either directly or allegorically, it covers every aspect of living and more. 

For instance heaven is called a country, the mountain of God, mountains - plural, a city and so forth. In some places it says the streets will have the noise of children playing, in other places it says that heaven is a quiet place, tranquility, and so forth.

This indicates that mansions as well as endless country without fences are part of heaven.

"They shall build and not another inhabit" 

While heaven has a home for everyone, the new earth will be reinhabited once heaven comes to earth, and here the people will build a home for themselves. So they end up having two houses, the latter will extra land.

People like natives who want to wander and not build are most welcome, God has made heaven to suit everyone.

When it comes to real estate and the dividing of the land, heaven itself is divided into 12 countries, each with their own entrance to heaven and an entrance to the special land on the pinnacle, which is shared by all, but even it has a separate city for visiting the center, which has 12 suburbs. This city is joined by a street made of gold that leads to the temple or sanctuary where the throne is.

Everyone ends up belonging in a tribe, each having a new name as well, and what is more will God piece families together, on what basis I don't know, but it will be totally fun and comfortable. So these will want to live together, and therefor may want a mansion with many rooms.

The Q is not whether you don't want a mansion, or whether euphoria is better than material possessions, but whether there are mansions in heaven. The answer is yes - many.

The Bible gives us clues that heaven will have cities and villages within it, within each tribal country. If you want to live in a village, you can, if you want to live in a cottage, you can, if you don't want a mansion, God knows it and will cater to your needs, in fact it is already prepared.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

In the days of the disciples, the Pharisees had the mansions, which people like Judas coveted. They were multistory with accompanying gardens and views.

The history of Israel proves it. So we do know what the disciples had in mind.

When the Bible talks about heaven, either directly or allegorically, it covers every aspect of living and more. 

For instance heaven is called a country, the mountain of God, mountains - plural, a city and so forth. In some places it says the streets will have the noise of children playing, in other places it says that heaven is a quiet place, tranquility, and so forth.

This indicates that mansions as well as endless country without fences are part of heaven.

"They shall build and not another inhabit" 

While heaven has a home for everyone, the new earth will be reinhabited once heaven comes to earth, and here the people will build a home for themselves. So they end up having two houses, the latter will extra land.

People like natives who want to wander and not build are most welcome, God has made heaven to suit everyone.

When it comes to real estate and the dividing of the land, heaven itself is divided into 12 countries, each with their own entrance to heaven and an entrance to the special land on the pinnacle, which is shared by all, but even it has a separate city for visiting the center, which has 12 suburbs. This city is joined by a street made of gold that leads to the temple or sanctuary where the throne is.

Everyone ends up belonging in a tribe, each having a new name as well, and what is more will God piece families together, on what basis I don't know, but it will be totally fun and comfortable. So these will want to live together, and therefor may want a mansion with many rooms.

The Q is not whether you don't want a mansion, or whether euphoria is better than material possessions, but whether there are mansions in heaven. The answer is yes - many.

The Bible gives us clues that heaven will have cities and villages within it, within each tribal country. If you want to live in a village, you can, if you want to live in a cottage, you can, if you don't want a mansion, God knows it and will cater to your needs, in fact it is already prepared.

Where do you see that heaven will have cities and villages?Where is Scripture for that?