• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

to me, to be humble means

jesus had much more than he was given on this earth , he left all that behind and came to earth. he humbles himself with  bare neccesities. and never lived like a king he lived like us  here.

i dont have worldy riches or materialistic things . i live humbly bare neccesities. i dont ewven have a cell phone . i am a very poor person but im happy because i got the Lord in my life . when you not worry about what the jones have and not try to compete with them but be content and happy with what you have  i think that is humble living

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Php 3:8-11 KJV
(8)  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
(9)  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
(10)  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
(11)  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

i was an old sinner, but i got saved by faith in His grace, and now i am no longer an old sinner and never will be again; i am the righteousness of God through Christ - regardless of my performance.

pride is like a stick; on one end is arrogance and on the other end is shyness - a shy person is a proud person who doesn't see that they have anything to be proud of.  pride is simply self-focus rather than God-focus; whether you are reflecting on how close to Christ-likeness you have become in your flesh, or reflecting on how far from perfection you are.

i heard a joke that might help with this.  a church held a contest to recognize the most humble person in the congregation.  after the votes were tallied, the person with the most votes was presented with a lapel button that said 'most humble person in the church'; but when the person with the most votes received it, they took it back because he had demonstrated pride by receiving it...

Bible humility is to say what God says about you in spite of all the other reports.  Let's say that you said something nasty to your Mama, and you judged yourself, received God's already-available mercy, forgiveness and grace, and apologized to your Mama for what you said.  time passes and you are reminded by your enemy of what you said, bringing up feelings of guilt and self-condemnation.  if you yield to those feelings and beat yourself up for your mistake, you are proud - putting the badness of your actions above the sacrifice that Jesus made to completely atone for those wrong actions.  but if you resist those guilty feelings by speaking aloud that you are the righteousness of God through Christ in spite of your mistakes, you are biblicly humble :)

Edited by disciplehelovestoo

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

to me, to be humble means

jesus had much more than he was given on this earth , he left all that behind and came to earth. he humbles himself with  bare neccesities. and never lived like a king he lived like us  here.

i dont have worldy riches or materialistic things . i live humbly bare neccesities. i dont ewven have a cell phone . i am a very poor person but im happy because i got the Lord in my life . when you not worry about what the jones have and not try to compete with them but be content and happy with what you have  i think that is humble living

Sister, God wants to increase you; He wants you to have seed to sow as well as bread to eat.  but He has given you authority in your own life, and needs you to agree with Him about this.  you have denied your flesh to seek God, and that is commendable, now do the rest of what He has told you to do - expect Him to fill your cup until it runs over; expect Him to fill your basket through others and then overfill it after you have shaken it down; expect His grace to abound to you so that you will have all sufficieny in all things, thus enabled to do every good work He wants to do through you :)

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

well i have a sofa a bed dressers a mike and a tv, vcr, dvd and the net that it.

i dont worry bout what the jones have i just pray that i have the stuff to live and 

i do live comfortable. some might say i dont have nothing but i have a roof

over my head food i the fridge and clothes to wear. so im greatful for that.

i dont own a house i live in an apartment i have a landline phone so if 

i have to phone 911 i can i have no cell and i have no vehicle . the only thing i splurge on is 

treats for my cats and sometimes for me. im not worldly, i dont even have any type of stereo 

exept for you tube.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

How to be humble ?  Thats an outstanding question !   

God gives grace to the Humble and resist the proud .

My simplest answer is Get to Know GOD , meditate on the grace of God in the giving of His Son Jesus , for us unworthy sinners , compare your self to Him if you can , you will not be able to get your face off the floor .  

The apostle John s experience in seeing Holy revelations in the first chapters of the book of Revelation , caused him to almost fall down dead , read about it ...

To be humble is also to become as a little child , totally trusting and not questioning . 

To be humble is to stay low , you can not fall far if you are already down low . 

I hope this helps a bit ! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Usually it starts with I haven't the ability in my own strength...

then in absolute desperation coming to God while dumping out self.

Thus empty of both effort and ability God puts it in us for His

glory. We will not even see its presence but others will!

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Usually it starts with I haven't the ability in my own strength...

then in absolute desperation coming to God while dumping out self.

Thus empty of both effort and ability God puts it in us for His

glory. We will not even see its presence but others will!

Love, Steven

Dumping out self?Oh yes the Lord dumped me out real well  :mgcheerful: He did some major sifting and I am so very glad that He did although I was not sure I would survive it.My life is now totally in His hands.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is much better than allstate :red_smile:

No I haven't taken up selling insurance :foot-stomp:

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1. Consider that just one of the persons in the Godhead created all things created that exists in the universe and the spirit realm and here each one of us are a pip squeak on the block where we live

2. Grow compassionate for your fellow man and help as many as you can

3. Teach everyone that salvation is as simple as believing it is available to all in Christ

4. Live life as a beggar who is only showing all where he found bread

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

"He has shown you, O Mortal, what is good and what does the Lord require of you; to  act justly and to love mercy, and to  walk humbly with your God."  Micah 6:8...(NIV)  

I believe...

Humility means acting justly and loving mercy..this is what is good and to do this means walking humbly with your God.