Joshua-777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I don't believe in name and claim it,we serve a Holy God and not a God that you can tell Him what to do  or what some preachers do scream to God and comment Him what to do.

Did God not say that when a nation or person will confess their sin ,He will heal their land?

2 Cor:7:4

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

He will forgive their sin,are all the people who claim healing people who have confessed their sin?

Guest shiloh357

God is not limited by unbelief.   God worked all kinds of miracles for Israel in the wilderness in spite of their unbelief.  He healed Naaman in spite of his unbelief.   Jesus calmed the storms in spite of the disciple's unbelief.  The notion that I can limit God or thwart God's plans is utter arrogance and goes against Scripture.

God is the one in control and He does as HE pleases, not as I please.   He is not up in heaven waiting for me to believe good enough for Him to operate in the earth.   God owns this planet, he owns everyone in it and everything in it.   He is sovereign and in control. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I am reminded of a 4th century Bishop (long before anything like a 'Roman Catholic Church' can be intelligently spoken of) writing that if a journeying Christian happens upon a sick or injured person, the Christian must stop and lay hands on that person and heal them, or there will be blood on that Christian's hands.

Surely that indicates how common healings were then, and how degraded Christians' faith has become today!  We tend t think only some big shot can have such powerful gifts manifested.  IT OUGHT TO BE THE NORMAL CHRISTIAN LIFE!!!

I believe absolutely in healing but not the name and claim it..

And I do believe that God can heal to show His power to unbelievers to show them that He is God,but God will heal in His time and not when we want it.

I was reading an article yesterday from Benny Hinn where he offered to pay somebody to sit in a wheelchair...

James5:6

15and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. 16Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. 17Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.…

I am reminded of a 4th century Bishop (long before anything like a 'Roman Catholic Church' can be intelligently spoken of) writing that if a journeying Christian happens upon a sick or injured person, the Christian must stop and lay hands on that person and heal them, or there will be blood on that Christian's hands.

Surely that indicates how common healings were then, and how degraded Christians' faith has become today!  We tend t think only some big shot can have such powerful gifts manifested.  IT OUGHT TO BE THE NORMAL CHRISTIAN LIFE!!!

Leonard...these days you have to be very careful who lays hands on you,what if the person is fake?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

IT OUGHT TO BE THE NORMAL CHRISTIAN LIFE!!!

YES!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Leonard...these days you have to be very careful who lays hands on you,what if the person is fake?

1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

God is not limited by unbelief.   God worked all kinds of miracles for Israel in the wilderness in spite of their unbelief.  He healed Naaman in spite of his unbelief.   Jesus calmed the storms in spite of the disciple's unbelief.  The notion that I can limit God or thwart God's plans is utter arrogance and goes against Scripture.

God is the one in control and He does as HE pleases, not as I please.   He is not up in heaven waiting for me to believe good enough for Him to operate in the earth.   God owns this planet, he owns everyone in it and everything in it.   He is sovereign and in control. 

Heb_3:19  So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. 

Heb_4:6  Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief

Heb_4:2  For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it

Naaman had faith, He said just pray and he would be healed. His issue was not wanting to wash in the river He was told to wash in.

The Disciples faith had nothing to do with the Storm, it was Jesus who spoke to the Storm and His faith.

God worked Miracles on the behalf of Moses who God was working with, God also listened to Moses the times God wanted to be done with Israel. 

Mat 14:30  But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 
Mat 14:31  And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt

Mal_3:13  Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee? 

Amo_3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

------------------------------------------------

So all these scriptures must be wrong, Shiloh knows best, Unbelief does not limit God. Unbelief and doubt did not cause Peter to sink and Unbelief was not the reason Israel did not enter into the promise land. 

We can speak what we want, believe what we want and it don't mean a thing. God does what God wants to do.

Got it, I guess those scriptures and many more had me a bit confused, thank you for clearing that up Shiloh. Jesus saying all things are possible to them that believe and James warning that someone that waivers will not receive anything from the Lord must have just been fairy tales added to the Word by some fiction writer. 

Makes sense to me, glad that is sorted.

Guest shiloh357

Unbelief does not limit God and none of the verses say that God is limited by unbelief.   The verses in Hebrews says that the children of Israel could not enjoy the promised land because of their unbelief.  They don't say that God was in any way limited by their belief.

Jesus upbraided the disciples in Mark 4 for their lack of faith and fearfulness.  But their lack of faith did not hinder Jesus.

All things are possible to them that believe, but that is tempered by what is in line with God's sovereign will.   James was also talking about what is in line with God's will, and specifically he was talking about wisdom.

Anyone can string verses together and make the Bible say whatever they want it to say.  False teachers are good at that.   

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I would like to know who we are to judge whether these people are healed or not.  God still is in the healing business.  So I'm not going to judge anyone or anything.  To say God has nothing to do with it is just not a fair statement.  And in my book a tad bit on the cynical  side.