emekrus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

First of all, I have no confidence in Got questions web-site.  Second, that obviously biased post proves nothing.  I want specific things Kenneth Hagin said that is false, and I want a list of his false prophecies. 

Have a nice day Butero.God be with you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

“Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.” 1 Corinthians 12:4-5

In my early stage of Christianity, the gift of Tongues is one gift that I benefited allots from; yet I encountered several bashing concerning it from so many folks. Most of which, were those who had been in the race, years before me…

But somehow, I seemed to take every other corrections, except giving up on speaking in tongues: both in privacy and in public. Then as I continued relentlessly and doggedly till now, the gift of Tongues have become one of my most profitable spiritual gifts.

By the administration of the gift of tongues (personally), I can now pray for over an hour without vain repetitions. By its administration, when I’m faced with some stubborn temptations, as I open my mouth, in faith, I get instant deliverance from the Holy Spirit…

Along the above line of deliverance from stubborn temptations, a few months ago, I was attacked by a very strong spirit of lust towards a lady, I was prospecting to marry. Then as I struggled on my own, the Holy Spirit gave me a word; and as I got the word, immediately, I got up and started speaking violently in other tongues…

And presently, I felt the power of God move on my heart and cleansed the lustful feeling. And by the next time I saw the lady in question, she was like every other person to me. The lustful feeling I had towards her totally disappeared…

More so, when I’m tempted with depression, as I open my mouth, speaking in other tongues, within a few minutes, my Joy of salvation is miraculously restored. By the manifestation of the gift of tongues, as I open my mouth to interpret by faith, I get some specific messages from God.

By the manifestation of the gift of tongues, a few weeks ago, as my neighbor overhead me praying in other tongues, she placed her hand in the spot where she had pain, then by daybreak, the pain was totally gone.

A few weeks back, as I prayed in other tongues and in understanding for my friend who was sick, I got a leading of the Holy Spirit to call him over the phone and pray for him for instant healing. As I did, presently, the power of God fell on him, and the medication he was to take, he left it and by daybreak, he was totally healed.

I can go on and on, sharing all the miracles I have personally encountered by simply opening my mouth in faith to speak in other tongues. Yet so many folks in Christendom miss out on the blessings of God, accessible to them through speaking and praying in other tongues due to unbelief and religious brain-washing…

Hence, this sermon seeks to point out, scripturally, the correct administration of this awesome gift, for personal edification.

What Then Is The Gift Of Tongues For?

1. Self-Edification- 1 Corinthians 14:2: It is for receiving comforting ministrations or messages from the Holy Spirit. Then it also means, receiving self-lifting, divine help from God in your Spirit.

2. It is For Charging Up Your Faith- Jude 1:20. Which is to say, when you are faced with an issue, and you’re tempted with unbelief or fear, you clear them off instantly by speaking in other tongues.

As you speak in other tongues, when you’re confronted with a situation, fear, unbelief, personal beliefs, are instantly replaced with a Holy Faith (God’s kind of Faith). Then along the same line, you can also apply tongues for stirring up the other spiritual gifts in you. For instance, Tongues can stir-up prophecy (through the interpretations). It can stir up the gift of healing and the rests… all of which, manifest by faith.

You know, the Apostle Paul in the book of 2 Timothy 1:6; charges us to stir up the gifts of God in us. And one of the easiest ways to do that, is to be speaking more and more in other tongues, just like the Apostle Paul did (1 Corinthians 14:18).

3. Tongues Is For Prayers- Romans 8:26; “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”

Now with the gift of tongues, which is powered by the Holy Spirit himself, we can pray more effectively, with better results… and much, much, more. So forbid not to speak in other tongues… (1 Corinthians 14:39).

For more teaching on the administration of Tongues, get Kenneth E. Hagin Book: “Tongues Beyond The Upper Room”.

That passage is not about tongues. When we pray, the Holy Ghost intercedes and helps our prayers because we don't know how to pray like we should.

Not saying tongues isn't a real gift - it is - but that passage is always misapplied by people involved in things like Pentecostalism where they teach tongues is the sign of salvation.

I am a cessationist.That is the view that the "miracle gifts" of tongues have ceased - that the end of the Apostolic age brought about this cessation.  1 Corinthians 14:22

Tongues MIGHT have ceased. I don't know how to interpret that passage. But don't ever doubt that some people are still given authority over devils. I have seen a cessationist pastor claim no one still has authority over them. If any gifts ceased, only the ones mentioned in that passage ceased.

Do not be deceived. The Word of Faith movement is straight from Satan. We are NOT Christ reincarnated. We are NOT on the level of God. We do NOT speak things into existence. Flying around in private jets is NOT God's will.

Guest shiloh357

Butero,

Kenneth Hagin taught that Jesus died spiritually on the cross and went to hell to pay for our sins.   He ass behind the charismatic teaching that we are little gods.  He taught that God has no authority to operate in this world because Adam, who Hagin claimed was the god of this world, gave that authority to satan.  Thus,  God had to make covenants in order to have a legal right to be on this earth.

Hagin denied the sovereignty of God, and he denied that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and he claimed that Jesus died spiritually which would mean that Jesus became a sinner on the cross.  All three of those things are theological heresies.

Here is a list of theological heresies that he taught.   http://forgottenword.org/hagin.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Kenneth Hagin taught that Jesus died spiritually on the cross and went to hell to pay for our sins.   He (stands) behind the charismatic teaching that we are little gods.  He taught that God has no authority to operate in this world because Adam, who Hagin claimed was the god of this world, gave that authority to satan.  Thus,  God had to make covenants in order to have a legal right to be on this earth.

Hagin denied the sovereignty of God, and he denied that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and he claimed that Jesus died spiritually which would mean that Jesus became a sinner on the cross.  All three of those things are theological heresies.

All Shiloh stated of Hagin is all true, and follows suit with most if not all in the Word of Faith with many of it's false doctrines and heresies.

I still recall the day seeing Mr. Hagin "drunk in the spirit" in a video I was given, admonishing this demonic practice as being of God.

It was "a" spirit alright, but not from the Holy Spirit.

Mr. Hagin looked like he just polished off a fifth of whiskey. God is not glorified in this nonesense at all and it is clearly well outside of the Word.

And like all of God's ways, Satan has been a masterful deceiver at perverting anything and everything of God in these days we live in. Just take a look around with what is considered "marriage" these days!

Perverting the spiritual gifts is something I have seen more than I care to over the years. There are many who pervert the Holy Spirit's gifts.

Some believe "gold dust" comes from god for instance. It's not from Him! It's either slight of hand or some of the enemy at work.

Holy ghost bartenders, what utter blasphemy...

Had a man years back who told me my one leg was shorter than the other, and god wanted to "heal me." I sat down and watched as the man proceeded to slightly pull my sneaker off of my heal a bit and thought I did not notice, and slowly pushed it back on! :o

Went on to tell me "I was healed!" I called the charlatan out, and he denied everything...

Can God heal today? Does he use His servants at times? Absolutely. But the clown/magician mentioned above was not one of His.

That being said, I am a Continuationist, and do believe all of the Bible to be true in the natural and *spiritual gifts therein mentioned.

Tongues are but one of those gifts, and not everyone has the same gifts.

The way in which spiritual gifts are used are clearly outlined in God's Word.

"Tongues" I see outlined primarily in 1Co 14:1-40 and that is our guideline when we see tongues being used.

Anything done outside of the Bible's guidelines is out of order, or of the enemy of all mankind, Satan and his deceiving spirits.

Ultimately, Christ is always glorified. If He clearly is not, it was not of the Holy Spirit.

John 15:26  But when the Comforter (Holy Spirit) is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, (Father God)  even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of Me: (Jesus Christ)

-The Holy Spirit testifies of Jesus Christ.  The Bible/Word represents Jesus Christ. 

Anything the Holy Spirit speaks or does testifies of Jesus Christ and His Word the Bible, and Christ is always glorified. 

Anything we hear or see done outside of the boundaries of that Word does not come from God,  no matter how good the words or works/manifestations seem to be!

*(1Co 12:1-31)

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

IF the Holy Spirit has not been taken from the world, ALL the gifts that came with the Holy Spirit's coming to those who accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour are available to us. ...but, not everyone has the same gifts.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Acts 2:12-15
(12)  And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
(13)  Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
(14)  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
(15)  For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

Peter is addressing all these men at one time, this included the amazed, the doubters with a question, and the mockers.
The "others mocking" (those expressing contempt or ridicule) were the only ones to accuse them of being drunk and only part of the crowd he was speaking to overall.

Eph 5:15-21
(15)  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
(16)  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
(17)  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
(18)  And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
(19)  Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(20)  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(21)  Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

In being "filled with the Spirit" the proceeding verses tell us to "walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming because of the evil days.
In getting to know our first love, Jesus Christ and His Word, we will know what His will is.

In a few verses following, "filled with the Spirit" when gathered amongst other Christians, speaking in psalms, spiritual songs, singing unto the Lord. Thanking God for all things, submitting ourselves to Christ in one another (as found in the Word) in the fear of God.
We would not appear "drunk" in context of any of these verses.

The drunk on the other hand would look and be the polar opposite of this, he not be walking circumspectly, playing the fool, un-wise, singing drunken songs, and in no way fearing God. Similar to the Ken Hagin video I had...

Noah Webster's 1828 dictionary:
Circumspectly
CIRCUMSPECTLY, adv. Cautiously; with watchfulness every way; with attention to guard against surprise or danger.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am a cessationist.That is the view that the "miracle gifts" of tongues have ceased - that the end of the Apostolic age brought about this cessation.  1 Corinthians 14:22

Tongues MIGHT have ceased. I don't know how to interpret that passage. But don't ever doubt that some people are still given authority over devils. I have seen a cessationist pastor claim no one still has authority over them. If any gifts ceased, only the ones mentioned in that passage ceased.

All Christians have authority over the demonic. No gifts have ceased.