IGNORED

what is the way.. for who died without hearing gospel.

peacemakerIND

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

No one hears the Holy Spirit infallibly.   No one.   That is a ridiculous question.   We have the Scriptures.  The Bible is final arbiter on all matters of Christian faith and practice. 

Do you believe your interpretation of scripture is infallible?

Guest shiloh357

Of course I don't.  Again, that's a ridiculous question.  We are always learning new things and correcting areas we were amiss earlier.

Of course I don't.  Again, that's a ridiculous question.  We are always learning new things and correcting areas we were amiss earlier.

Then shiloh, your interpretation of the scripture could be wrong.

Guest shiloh357

No one is immune to error, but I am well able to spot false doctrine, particularly in the stuff you post.   It's is not about being infallible.  One does not need to be infallible to be able to test what a person says against the whole counsel of God in Scripture.

Scripture is the plumline.  I hold to the Scriptures alone as the final arbiter in all matters of faith and practice and I reject what doesn't line up doctrinally.    I am still learning more in terms of the finer points of theology, but human fallibility doesn't mean that we cannot know the truth and test teachings against Scripture to see if they line up.

I know enough to know that much of what You spout off about isn't based on Scripture and isn't what authentic Christians believe.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Everything we need to know is in the Bible.   The Bible alone is the rule of Christian faith and practice.  If it is not in the Bible, we are not obligated to it. 

Amen brother!

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Tim3:16-17

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Every one must be judge according to his faith in Jesus Christ, and according to his works for rewards, and perhaps someone might suggest other judgements, like the judgement of the good stiuard, to whom much is given, much will be required, or as some suggest the judgement of the water Baptism.

The judgement of faith in God without Jesus Christ is death. God can not judge anyone, he has given the judgement to his Christ. Jesus said:

All authority is given to me.

Eternal life comes with the faith of Christ.

How can someone be judge according to his faith in Christ if the Gospel was not preace to him?

And be given the opportunity to denied or beleive.

The people who died before Jesus Christ in the whole world, have they heard the Gospel?

Guest shiloh357

Those of us who are true Christians are not waiting to be judged.   We have been judged already.  We have been justified by faith alone in Christ alone and we have been to the judge and are judged righteous.

Our works will one day be judged, but according to Jesus in John 5:24, we who have put our faith in Jesus have already passed from judgment into life.   We have eternal life right now.  Eternal life isn't something we are waiting for hoping to gain.   Eternal life is a present day possession

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

How do you know you have all of what was handed down?

Polycarp, writing to the Philippians around 130 AD, confirms that anything he (or anyone like him) said or wrote,could not compare to the "wisdom" of Paul (see below). 

Peter in 2 Pet 3:15, equated this "wisdom" with Divine revelation and inspiration, putting all of Paul's epistles on the same level as the Hebrew Scriptures.  This tells us that what we have in Scripture is quite sufficient, and includes the traditions of the apostles (2 Tim 2:16,17).  Christians need to understand the all-sufficiency of Christ and His written Word.

CHAPTER 3

Polycarp's reason for writing: the invitation of the Philippians

1 These things, brethren, I write to you concerning righteousness, not at my own instance, but because you first invited me. 2 For neither am I, nor is any other like me, able to follow the wisdom of the blessed and glorious Paul, who when he was among you in the presence of the men of that time taught accurately and stedfastly the word of truth, and also when he was absent wrote letters to you, from the study of which you will be able to build yourselves up into the faith given you; 3 "which is the mother of us all" when faith follows, and love of God and Christ and neighbour goes before. For if one be in this company he has fulfilled the command of righteousness, for he who has love is far from all sin.

Unfortunately by about the 3rd and 4th centuries, the traditions of men crept into the churches and were ultimately elevated to the status of "Holy Tradition".  But much of this tradition had no foundation in Scripture.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Those of us who are true Christians are not waiting to be judged. We have been judged already. We have been justified by faith alone in Christ alone and we have been to the judge and are judged righteous.

Our works will one day be judged, but according to Jesus in John 5:24, we who have put our faith in Jesus have already passed from judgment into life. We have eternal life right now. Eternal life isn't something we are waiting for hoping to gain. Eternal life is a present day possession

Brother, I am in full agreement with you. This is a divine trouth, I beleive you did not say that from your self, but with power of the holy spirit, I hope all beleiver come to this knowledge. Jesus Loves you for that, how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news. Jesus said exactly the same message. Jesus bless you. I am very glad to here that.

No one is immune to error, but I am well able to spot false doctrine, particularly in the stuff you post.   It's is not about being infallible.  One does not need to be infallible to be able to test what a person says against the whole counsel of God in Scripture.

Scripture is the plumline.  I hold to the Scriptures alone as the final arbiter in all matters of faith and practice and I reject what doesn't line up doctrinally.    I am still learning more in terms of the finer points of theology, but human fallibility doesn't mean that we cannot know the truth and test teachings against Scripture to see if they line up.

I know enough to know that much of what You spout off about isn't based on Scripture and isn't what authentic Christians believe.

It seems you're contradicting yourself.

It appears you are willing to acknowledge you are not immune to error  EXCEPT when it comes to doctrines you are sure you are right about.  This means you claim infallibility for yourself regarding doctrines you are sure about.

If you don't claim infallibility for yourself regarding doctrines you are sure about,  then you could very well be in error about these doctrine you are sure about.

There is no logical way around this.