• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

In my defense... LOL..

The term is really abused here, and we (Christians) try as much as possible to avoid using the term born again Christian...

its as abused to the point where we now have chrislam.. that's those who practice Islam and Christianity.. We even have those who practice traditional, islam and christian religion... and they also have their own term...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Amen xyluz!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Too often I come across the term " Born Again Christian " .

The term will not be found in the Bible .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

The term "Christian" is found in the New Testament, and in the light of Scripture it AUTOMATICALLY means one who has been born again, born from above, born of God, regenerated, become a new creature in Christ, become a child of God.  So "born again Christian" is really the only kind of Christian God recognizes.  Because millions are "Christian" in name only, the term "born again Christian" has come into use to distinguish true possessors from false professors. BTW Jesus never used the word "Christian" anyhow.  He spoke of His "disciples".

Oh dear.....I wondered how long it would be before this lot cropped up........chickens coming home to roost ......and all that stuff .....and how sad it sounds.

So some guys or gals in the 1960s came up with this new term "Born Again Christian" just to show who the true Christians really are .....Wow ! ......what a sad , judgemental bunch they must have been .

And there's poor me .....thinking all along that it was by their fruits that they would be known......while all along , at least according to you , it's by the label "Born Again Christian" that they would be known ......but somehow it just doesn't ring true .

I'll just stick with the Bible on this one .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

What is really troubling you Robin Hood?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

What's troubling Robin Hood is that Christians make a distinction between the tares and the wheat, the goats and the sheep, the unregenerate and the regenerate. That, in his opinion, is "judgemental". The sad truth is that all who call themselves Christians are not necessarily so.

Guest shiloh357

Too often I come across the term " Born Again Christian " .

The term will not be found in the Bible .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

Yes it was. Try reading John 3:3-7.

I have read it .

It says nothing about Born Again Christians .

Read it again and you will see what it actually says .

That's what a Christian is.  "Born again"  describes a person who is born of God, spiritually.   Christians are people who are born again.   You are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.

The only thing that has been manufactured by humans on this thread is the term "Born Again Christian" .

Can anyone find me the term "Born Again Christian" prior to the 1960s......a decade when some took the notion of manufacturing some sloppy , lazy theology.....not a good thing to do.....leads to error.....a thing to be avoided like the plague .

That is complete nonsense.   You are making an issue out of a non-issue.   "Born again Christian" is a recently used phrase...   So what???   Does it contradict the Bible?   A Christian is someone who is born again.    So "born again Christian is perfectly fine to use and does not do violence to biblical doctrine.

How does a person become a Christian if not by being born again? 

Something is "unbiblical" when it contradicts the Bible and its teachings.   The Bible also does not contain the word, "grandfather."   Should we abandon that as well???    Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about.    "Born Again Christian" does not go crosswise with the Bible, or change anything about the Bible or the Gospel and so you are really out in left field.

Do you have a problem with being "born again?"  Does that concept offend you?

I have no problem with being "born again" .

I am born again .

My problem is with the unbiblical term "Born Again Christian"......a term invented in relatively recent years.....a term understood in so many different ways.....a source of confusion.....a source of error .....a term to be cast into the outer darkness along with so many other modern novelties .

I will stick with what the Bible says .

So how is "born again Christian"  a source of confusion??  How is it understood in different ways??  The Bible says that we must be born again.  A born again person is a Christian, so born again Christian is pretty straight forward.  And it doesn't contradict the Bible at all.  I defy you to prove otherwise.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Trinity and Rapture are not in the Bible either using those specific words but they are in the Bible.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

What's troubling Robin Hood is that Christians make a distinction between the tares and the wheat, the goats and the sheep, the unregenerate and the regenerate. That, in his opinion, is "judgemental". The sad truth is that all who call themselves Christians are not necessarily so.

And sorting out the tares and the wheat , the sheep and the goats is the job of Jesus.....not the job of some guys who invent a "Born Again Christian" label to sort them out .

I'll stick to what the Bible says.....not what you say .

Guest shiloh357

And sorting out the tares and the wheat , the sheep and the goats is the job of Jesus.....not the job of some guys who invent a "Born Again Christian" label to sort them out .

I'll stick to what the Bible says.....not what you say .

Okay, so what does the Bible say about the relationship of being born again, to being a Christian??  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i don't know if everyone has noticed, but we have some new folks that seem to have some really dedicated agenda's to push....   Gonna be kind of interesting to see who stays and who gets frustrated and goes....