LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

So my mother in law has been moving from her old house to her new house. I have told her several times that to let me know when she needs help moving and I will help. But she needs to give me a day and time so I know how to plan my day. Every time I have told her this she just ignores it and does not say anything. Today I found out while on the phone talking to someone that my mother in law won't ask me for help because she says that I do not want to work. When I asked this person as to why she would say such a thing about me they said it is because I am a stay at home mom without a job outside the home.  So she  just blows me off  and my offer to help and then tells  people I don't want to work! I am more then a little hurt by this.

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just ignore her....   don't let her mess with your life and your mind....    what difference does it make if she likes your lifestyle or not...    and if you want to be free from such things let her know she's irrelevant.

There's nothing wrong with what you are doing; actually the country might be a lot better off if there were more of you.

Edited by other one

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

d913a8cda8c9cc96ca2d3f205ee23502.jpg

• Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

Just ignore her....   don't let her mess with your life and your mind....    what difference does it make if she likes your lifestyle or not...    and if you want to be free from such things let her know she's irrelevant.

There's nothing wrong with what you are doing; actually the country might be a lot better off if there were more of you.

Well said, Other One.  I totally agree.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

So my mother in law has been moving from her old house to her new house. I have told her several times that to let me know when she needs help moving and I will help. But she needs to give me a day and time so I know how to plan my day. Every time I have told her this she just ignores it and does not say anything. Today I found out while on the phone talking to someone that my mother in law won't ask me for help because she says that I do not want to work. When I asked this person as to why she would say such a thing about me they said it is because I am a stay at home mom without a job outside the home.  So she  just blows me off  and my offer to help and then tells  people I don't want to work! I am more then a little hurt by this.

My guess it is an underlying issue relative to what you think the issue is.  I call it an unstated objection.  One way to isolate an underlying issue is by the process of elimination.  Regardless, a solution to an underlying issue is likely possible.

Edited by Secret__

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

So she  just blows me off  and my offer to help and then tells  people I don't want to work! I am more then a little hurt by this.

Why don't you ask your husband to step up to the plate and settle this matter?  We can all be hurt by unjust accusations, but what should concern you is your husband's indifference.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

From what you've posted before about your mother-in-law, it sounds as though she is a difficult person.  You can't change how another person acts; you can only change your response to their actions.  There's nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom and like O.O. said we could use more of you.  Just don't react, go on with your life, refuse to be hurt by her and don't offer to help her any more.  There comes a time when you have to look out for you, LadyKay.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Well said. :thumbsup:

I'll also add that I wouldn't have an issue telling the woman she doesn't matter. Directly. To her face. Because she really doesn't matter. Life's too short.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

because I am a stay at home mom without a job outside the home....

So she  just blows me off  and my offer to help and then tells  people I don't want to work....

My guess it is an underlying issue relative to what you think the issue is.  I call it an unstated objection.  One way to isolate an underlying issue is by the process of elimination.  Regardless, a solution to an underlying issue is likely possible.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, Love Is The Underlying Issue

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

People are inherently evil some more than others.  Love them.  Beware of those who gossip over the phone playing informant.