• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

15 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I have no way of knowing whether that is true or not, but, denominations and individual churches alike, do tend to have Statements of Faith, and I have not problem with convictions to require those in authority within these institutions, to "toe the company line" so to speak.

Marvin Rosenthal, who wrote The Pre-Wrath Rapture of the Church, is just one example that comes to mind. He was defrocked and booted from the Assemblies of God. He tells his story in the book.

Whenever statements of faith go beyond the essentials of the faith found in the Apostles' Creed, they only cause the separation of believers into sects, thereby destroying the unity of the Body of Christ. IMHO.

15 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I feel fortunate, though, that I attend a church (where they even allow me to teach adult Bible studies) where they do not share my eschatological opinions, yet, they have the grace to recognize, that I hold the views that I do, based on scripture, and scripture alone, and they respect that. Thanks for the comment WilliamL.

And you should feel fortunate, because it shows a lack of close-mindedness in your fellowship. My fellowship is led by elders from southern Pentecostalism, hippie Jesus people, Libertarian and other backgrounds, with quite different views on eschatology and other non-essential doctrines. Needless to say, we have some lively discussions! And yet we are all still harnessed in the same yolk, because we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us in all our decisions.