IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, thereselittleflower said:

:) You have to realize some people do not have as much energy as you do. :)

:P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Just now, SINNERSAVED said:

:P

((hugs))

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Shar said:

... but Jesus has not declared all unclean food, so meticulously mentioned in Leviticus and throughout the rest of his word as suddenly clean and healthy to eat. 

As a matter of fact, Jesus (by the power of the Holy Spirit, giving the words to Paul) actually declared all meats as "clean" (1 Tim 4:1-6). He also told Noah the same thing. As long as the Old Covenant was in effect, the dietary restrictions were in effect.  I believe the vision shown to Peter in Acts 10:9-16, may have had a double meaning: (1) Gentiles are now clean and (b) all meats are now clean.  Please note carefully what the Holy Spirit says through Paul, particularly verse 4. So today the promotion of dietary restrictions is actually a doctrine of devils:

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

As already mentioned, those who wish to follow the Mosaic Law are free to do so, provided they do not judge those who freely eat all meats with thanksgiving.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

you are not reading and answering the post Isaiah 66 v15 to 17 is the question , please don't go off topic, there is enough to make a judgement on , it is self explanatory also,

My wife follows your post and has refuse to serve roast pork this holidays, and she said something like that; who knows if our brother SS finds out and comes and gives me nightmares, I was dumfounded and I said; who knows, maybe then you can ask him about Isaiah 66:15-17, what does it mean.

Who are those people "They that sanctified themselfs and purified themselves in the Gardens behind one tree in the midst, 

Eating swine's flesh, 

and the abomination, 

and the mouse, 

Shal be consume together, said the Lord.

I said that I don't Know how one can sanctified and purified ones self in the Garden, ( any Garden will do?) and behind one tree, ( which tree, is it a specific one),

Eating swines flesh, and the mouse, and the abomination, (swine and the mouse I know, but "abomination", I dont know what kind of animal or if a bird it is). 

I said maybe brother SS can help you explaining that, it is you who has desided to follow him in this matter. 

Any way, I decided to ask you for her, she will be mush oblige. 

And who is that God who has fire and chariots, and goes looking in the gardens to find and slauter those people? 

Is it Who, is it the one who gave his life and died on the Cross?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

As a matter of fact, Jesus (by the power of the Holy Spirit, giving the words to Paul) actually declared all meats as "clean" (1 Tim 4:1-6). He also told Noah the same thing. As long as the Old Covenant was in effect, the dietary restrictions were in effect.  I believe the vision shown to Peter in Acts 10:9-16, may have had a double meaning: (1) Gentiles are now clean and (b) all meats are now clean.  Please note carefully what the Holy Spirit says through Paul, particularly verse 4. So today the promotion of dietary restrictions is actually a doctrine of devils:

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

As already mentioned, those who wish to follow the Mosaic Law are free to do so, provided they do not judge those who freely eat all meats with thanksgiving.

Your last comment is AWESOME and hopefully agreed upon by those in that camp.  Even though I personally don't eat Babe, I wouldn't want someone who believes all believers should follow the 613 mitzvahs, as given through Moses, to tell me that God is displeased with me for taking a ham and cheese lunch to work to have for lunch.  I personally believe God is much much more concerned about other things going in or coming out of me than porky pig. 

Ps  I do not believe this doctrine is a doctrine of Devils though. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Sinner,

do you agree up until MOSES there was no prohibition in eating porky?

if you say yes, then you have to agree, that it was not a big deal to God that his people (Jews) after Abraham to Moses should not eat porky.  Show me in the bible God told Abraham or the dudes after Moses up until Moses that porky was off limits. 

So, my position is this- God made it an issue for a limited time from Moses until I guess Christ.  God obviously wanted his people to be different after he brought them out of Egypt, but I can't be dogmatic on this. 

I do believe one can infer, if this prohibition began with Moses and not With Adam or Noah or Abraham, then maybe it is not a big deal to God, and thus maybe should not be a big deal to me, unless I am Jewish, maybe. 

Oh, just to be clear, eating porky was not a prohibition under the 7. Noah-chide laws. Why not? 

Thanks,

spock

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

My wife follows your post and has refuse to serve roast pork this holidays, and she said something like that; who knows if our brother SS finds out and comes and gives me nightmares, I was dumfounded and I said; who knows, maybe then you can ask him about Isaiah 66:15-17, what does it mean.

Who are those people "They that sanctified themselfs and purified themselves in the Gardens behind one tree in the midst, 

Eating swine's flesh, 

and the abomination, 

and the mouse, 

Shal be consume together, said the Lord.

I said that I don't Know how one can sanctified and purified ones self in the Garden, ( any Garden will do?) and behind one tree, ( which tree, is it a specific one),

Eating swines flesh, and the mouse, and the abomination, (swine and the mouse I know, but "abomination", I dont know what kind of animal or if a bird it is). 

I said maybe brother SS can help you explaining that, it is you who has desided to follow him in this matter. 

Any way, I decided to ask you for her, she will be mush oblige. 

And who is that God who has fire and chariots, and goes looking in the gardens to find and slauter those people? 

Is it Who, is it the one who gave his life and died on the Cross?

Thank you for that kind words , and I pray that you have had a blessed holiday , , and that you had a meal to enjoy,

I am following , my own personal conviction, of what I believe God tells me through the spirit , and with all the opposition against, I am not swayed one bit in my stand to abstain from what I say , God wants me to stay away from, I am not trying to invent the wheel , or make up my own religion, but I just want to give God, Yahweh all that I can in my power , to be immersed in the love that He has for us , for God is love and by the love of the cross for you and me , it is un ethical to not honor God, with all of my mind , body and soul,

it is not by works, and not by rewriting scripture , but acknowledging the power of the word of God, for if you follow me for a moment, let me explain

the God we serve is almighty and holy, and just, and righteous, and full of compassion,, he also has the other side of vengeance ,anger , wrath and justice,

we do not even today acknowledge the power of our GOD, he is able to give life to a body from the dust, and breath life into it, He is able to stretch out His hand and save our souls with the agape love of giving of Himself a son, a savior for us , to bring us back and bridge the gap to bring us home, back in the loving arms of His,

so when we debate and talk about what God has said and what we can and what we don't have to do , how silly to think , we have the pride and selfishness to complain and say , I am going to do this , and if God wanted me to do that , then He would have said it,

we are all looking for that excuse , that control thing to say we don't have to and I am not , because I found something to justify myself from what I think the scripture says , or if in doubt just follow everyone else , the majority , and follow the masses , what harm is there, and now to talk about if it is now that unclean for thousands of years by God himself to the people saying its a abomination, and today we take Gods abomination, and call it breakfast and lunch and dinner,

most not even giving thanks for the meal in front of them and some don't care about anything but feeding there face , and being accepted and not rejected for following  what God has instructed, this is so far beyond, reasoning, we want our bacon ,pork chops and who cares for God said its okay , we are under grace now , and no law against this holds now,?

well we know why it is hazardous to our health , and medically what happens, but we were told this thousands of years ago, so Gods word is the same yesterday today and tomorrow, and until  te heavens and earth pass away , there is nothing changed that the law is no more and done away with , except, that the 631 laws by man made things to govern them selves, was at that time, for them, and now we are all grafted into the people of God we need to act like it, we are the called out ones, and this is one thing that separates the believer from the unbeliever, and this is by discipline of the mind and body to be in line with God and the holy spirit ,to be one with Him, that is all I am trying to do, the more you read the word , the more the spirit works with you , and the more you learn of Gods ways, this I have to say to be political correct  is my opinion,

but if you have God telling Noah, and then , talking to peter as a vision to explain what is to be, then you have Isaiah 66, 15-17 that straight out tells about how God still says its a abomination, and he is coming after that person,  well, you be the judge and you examine if this is for you , or not, but I do it out of respect to the calling and from the words of the mouth of God only, and I don't even have to debate or fight to follow through with what I believe to me is true and honorable, most think I am crazy , that's okay, and a lot cannot give them selves to be obedient and live a life pleasing to God , but only by there lips they honor but there hearts are far away , the lord says,

its time on doing and stop giving into the world , we have a lot we give in to satan , but one issues at a time, blessings , and remember God loves you , and wants everyone to come to the saving grace that he gives, amen....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I have just been reading the posts without chiming in, something that's nearly unheard of for me, but the following passage keeps coming to mind.  From 1 Timothy:

4For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

25 minutes ago, Spock said:

Sinner,

do you agree up until MOSES there was no prohibition in eating porky?

if you say yes, then you have to agree, that it was not a big deal to God that his people (Jews) after Abraham to Moses should not eat porky.  Show me in the bible God told Abraham or the dudes after Moses up until Moses that porky was off limits. 

So, my position is this- God made it an issue for a limited time from Moses until I guess Christ.  God obviously wanted his people to be different after he brought them out of Egypt, but I can't be dogmatic on this. 

I do believe one can infer, if this prohibition began with Moses and not With Adam or Noah or Abraham, then maybe it is not a big deal to God, and thus maybe should not be a big deal to me, unless I am Jewish, maybe. 

Oh, just to be clear, eating porky was not a prohibition under the 7. Noah-chide laws. Why not? 

Thanks,

spock

I thought we were done for the night but ,I see you got a second wind hey spock ? okay I have a little time before bed to have a few hits on this. ?

okay then,  lets go to the ark of the animals noah is told about the clean animals , and how many unclean animals, so God already had set his mind prior to Abraham and moses, then moses and arron , aRE GIVEN THE INSTRUCTIONS, and so it is said , also in Deuteronomy , 14 I believe, then in acts, peter is agree ing with the law, that he has not let an unclean touch his lips, this is after Christ is gone, so we have this going on for over four thousand years, then we come to Isaiah 66, is the best one I really hang my hat on,

the abomination at the end time, when God will come on that person, hiding behind the tree chewing on swines flesh, it doesn't get any better then that , now if we want to slide in a assumption, like now everything is cool and clean because I said, then God  has gone back on his word,  can this be,  a instruction, given from the mouth of God, and a now by the mouth of God how he is going to take revenge on them this does not by any chance saying you can but I am going to get you , see how silly this seems.

besides its by honoring and respecting Gods instruction, that we follow our convictions,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

13 hours ago, other one said:

I appologise for the delay in posting.   i was involved in a couple of gatherings yesterday concerning a very dishearting football game, but later a much better recieved new years eve gathering with some friends from College days   45+ years ago now..

Played Spades till midnight talking and enjoying each others company.

As to our thread here, Omegaman touched on a large part of what my personal feelings are, but I'd start with Romans 13 especially with and after verse 8.   And I would continue through chapter 15.

Chapter 13 shows us that by loving our neighbor is fulfilling the law.   Specifically states "
"You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet"  but goes on to say "
if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.

Chapter 14 tells us that  even though all things are OK to eat, and whatever days we want to hold as special are OK, or also OK to be not observed, that we must be careful not to push someone into eating or not observing a special day for for them it is wrong.

So for me, participating in this thread is a bit of a personal delima.     I'm caught between not wanting to tell you to do something that would violate your conscious, but on the other hand for you  to learn that it truly is alright to do so.  I hope you see where I'm coming from.

See, my problem is not that you think we are sill under the old laws, but you want to put me under those laws also, and that's where Chapter 15 kind of goes.    Paul tells us that we must work out our own salvation ourselves in another place, so it may be that because of our different makeup, the Holy Spirit may well not tell us to do or not do the same things at the same time in our walk     While I would never do anything that might cause you to stumble, I would also very much like for you to understand the freedom that Jesus gives us in the second covenant....   

We are all expected for foment and keep a relationship with the Father through Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and relationships are complicated....    so where do you draw the line in helping someone build that relationship and possibly damaging that relationship...     I hope you can see where I'm at in this thread and conversation...

I think the point comes down to if I thought it would keep you from falling I would never eat another bite of pork in my life...  but since I know it's no a big deal, I am also expected to help others to grow in their relationships so I can't really set back and let you push others back under the law when Paul has taught that we should not do that.....    The whole group of Apostles came to the conclusion that Gentiles should not be burdened with the old laws except for blood, strangled animals sexual morality.     So they are specifically saying that we are no longer under the old laws as long as we put ourselves in the position of loving our neighbors and the Lord.  Making Jesus our Lord and believing that the Father raised him from the dead.

How do you love the Lord.....   by listening to the things that Jesus himself told us to do.