IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

And,

Col 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, Riccardo said:

I'm a bit perplexed by you quoting Acts 15 it seems very presumptuousĀ of you to include that as to being able to eat unclean animals.Ā 

All those Scriptures must be taken together to determine the New Covenant teaching. There's nothing presumptuous about that at all.

1. I Timothy says that no creature is unclean and all may be eaten with thanksgiving. That corresponds to what is stated in Genesis to Noah.

2. Mark says that nothing which enters a man defiles him.Ā  That further reinforces the above.

3. Acts says that the only restriction is the consumption of blood (which would also be true for strangulation).Ā  That corresponds to what is stated in Genesis to Noah.

4. The vision that was given to Peter in Acts 10 was primarily to show him that Gentiles are no longer "unclean".Ā  But it further reinforces that no creature is unclean.

So the bottom line is that the dietary restrictions of the Old Covenant are null and void. It is God who sets the rules.

Ā 

Ā 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Well brother we will just have to disagree basically on all points.

I will only talk on Peters vision as I see the rest as a waist of time.Ā Ā 

I see Peters vision as completely the opposite to you &Ā Ā as the Key to the clean or unclean debate,

verifying that unclean animals areĀ still a health issue & shouldn't be eaten.Ā 

Peter declares he has never eaten anything common or unclean, he is absolutelyĀ adamant on this point, saying "No I have never"Ā Ā this was written 6-10 yrs after Christ's death.Ā  Did he forget that they are ok to eat,Ā why did he not sayĀ ok, Here we have the Lord is saying eat, He is saying NO, never.Ā 

But, he later explains the vision, saying "GodĀ has shown me I shouldĀ not call any man common or unclean". But one again PaulĀ has a memory loss & forgets to tell the group, Oh! by the way we can now eat unclean animals. Ā Once again you seemed to have thrown in what is not written.

Ā Ā 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Oh! by the way we can now eat unclean animals. Ā Once again you seemed to have thrown in what is not written.

Since God told Peter to eat any of those animals, we must take this as a part of the teaching on dietary restrictions (even though it is indirect).Ā Ā  The command came from Heaven. So please go back to 1 Timothy and see WHAT THE SPIRIT SAITH UNTO THE CHURCHESĀ  through Paul, which matches that exactly, and is the New Covenant teaching.

While you personally may have certain preferences, if you are are going to present Bible truth, then Bible truth must be presented regardless of your preferences.Ā  You can tell Christians "I don't eat x, y, or z, but God says that you are free to eat whatever you wish".Ā  But if you disagree, you are disagreeing with God, not men. And that is a dangerous game.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

11 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Since God told Peter to eat any of those animals, we must take this as a part of the teaching on dietary restrictions (even though it is indirect).Ā Ā  The command came from Heaven. So please go back to 1 Timothy and see WHAT THE SPIRIT SAITH UNTO THE CHURCHESĀ  through Paul, which matches that exactly, and is the New Covenant teaching.

While you personally may have certain preferences, if you are are going to present Bible truth, then Bible truth must be presented regardless of your preferences.Ā  You can tell Christians "I don't eat x, y, or z, but God says that you are free to eat whatever you wish".Ā  But if you disagree, you are disagreeing with God, not men. And that is a dangerous game.

absolutely right, Ezra

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

S0 you are telling me that even though Peter Tells us the answer That God had showed him in Acts 10:28. you are telling me its also something else.

Ā 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

In the old testament a person who ate something unclean was considered defiled. But in the gospels Jesus himself had declared all foods clean . Paul echoed this in his letter to Timothy.

Mathew 15:11

"It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man."

Mathew 15:18

But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man.

Timothy 4:3

They will prohibit marriage and require abstinence from certain foods that God has created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
Ā 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

In Acts 10, we have the example of Peter on the roof at the sixth hour. Ā Peter saw in a vision, a sheetĀ containing all manner of creatures being lowered to earth. Ā A voice commanded PeterĀ to "kill and eat". Peter protested saying that he had never eaten unholy or profane food. Ā The voice then informed Peter that God had made all those things in the sheet to be clean so it isn't proper for Peter to call these things unholy, common or profane.

This should be more evidence that dietary restrictions have been abolished. Ā By Gal 3:13, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law..."

Edited by cgl1023
omission

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

While I do believe dietary restrictions are part of a covenant I was never a part of I also know that in Acts 10 Peter's vision is NOT concerning whatĀ we can or can not eat. Read the entire story. Again, I believe we can eat what we want and that old covenant laws do not apply as we are no longer under the old covenant (and unless you're a 2000 plus year old jew you were never under it anyway) I just would not want anyone to miss the actual message in Acts 10.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I find it kind of hard to take that God would make a point with him using something that isn't true.....Ā Ā  I do believe he was telling him it was OK to eat them......Ā Ā Ā  returning to the instructions to Noah.