IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Eating black pudding may not appeal to everyone, but it is not a sin. We live under grace

And BECAUSE WE LIVE UNDER GRACE, the consumption of blood is forbidden (Acts 15:28,29).  This is under grace and under the leading of the Holy Spirit for Christians:

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Why is blood forbidden?  Because Christians were purchased with the blood of God (Acts 20:28).

I would rather listen to the words of a ministry.A solid devout ministry.

I like my steak medium.I like it pink inside.It is not a sin to eat that blood so I am ok with that.

It’s important to understand that New Testament believers in Christ have freedom from the Law, and we are to “stand firm” in that liberty (Galatians 5:1). We are not under the Law but under grace. “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink” (Colossians 2:16). So, eating a rare steak, blood sausage, blood pancakes, blood soup, or blood tofu may not be palatable to all Christians, but it is allowable.

http://www.gotquestions.org/eating-drinking-blood.html

Edited by bopeep1909

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't ate pork in many years. I don't judge it wrong to. Everyone has their little ways in which they feel closer to God. This is just one of mine. 

Speaking of God supplying our every need :),  I think it is no coincidence that the wild boar population are growing and moving up through North America. When Christians can't buy or sell because they won't take the mark they can still have some good eaten!

I am afraid that when the time comes during the tribulation and Christians can not buy or sell that they will be hunted down like wild boar.I am afraid there will not be many of them left.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Eating black pudding may not appeal to everyone, but it is not a sin. We live under grace

And BECAUSE WE LIVE UNDER GRACE, the consumption of blood is forbidden (Acts 15:28,29).  This is under grace and under the leading of the Holy Spirit for Christians:

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Why is blood forbidden?  Because Christians were purchased with the blood of God (Acts 20:28).

So you are implying that I do not have a solid devout ministry because I have shown you Scriptures which clearly refute GotQuestions teaching several times in different contexts? You should rather listen to the words of Scripture when they are quoted in context.  Your retort and implication are typical of those who resist Scripture when it exposes their incorrect of false ideas (which happens frequently).  Your response should really have been "Thanks.  I can see that Scripture is very clear about this matter under grace".

So you are implying that I do not have a solid devout ministry because I have shown you Scriptures which clearly refute GotQuestions teaching several times in different contexts? You should rather listen to the words of Scripture when they are quoted in context.  Your retort and implication are typical of those who resist Scripture when it exposes their incorrect of false ideas (which happens frequently).  Your response should really have been "Thanks.  I can see that Scripture is very clear about this matter under grace".

I am very selective on what I let my brain digest Christian related doctrine.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Wrong response again. Which means that you reject Scripture selectively also.

Wrong response again. Which means that you reject Scripture selectively also.

Thank you for your kind words.Have a nice day Ezra.

Personally, I've only seen Solid Scriptural teaching from Ezra since I got here! :)

I think it would have been way more just and honest  Bopeep --to say that you chose to disagree  on this pt---rather than  let your words  imply Ezra does not have a "solid devout ministry" .   

Please show me where I said I rejected Ezra's words and thought they were false doctrine.You are putting words in my mouth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

We all need to allow God's Spirit to guide us. Books, websites, pastors, etc, are all of a source that is not God. I am not saying they are right or wrong, but without the guidance of His Spirit, we are lost in the desert.