IGNORED

what do we really know about Satan, Who is he ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

3 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I would prefer to stay in study of what the bible tells us , and not another source ,many of us go to other books and things , when all the answers are clear and in the bible , if we go to another source, it is like not seeing what we need to see, so I will continue ,searching the scriptures, I would want the bible to tell e and guide me , in this,

but, thank you for your advise,

You want the bible to tell you and guide you in this yet you're going to people here?  But you won't include C.S. Lewis in the circle you go to?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

You want the bible to tell you and guide you in this yet you're going to people here?  But you won't include C.S. Lewis in the circle you go to?

when people comment and respond , it comes from the heart , and it is acceptable to see if it be used or not , by others that are believing in the same way , and it helps to place things into perspective, going to a book , I don't want to follow c.s.lewis, it might be good for others but me personally , I don't read his teachings and ideas.,i do read a lot of books, don't get me wrong, but I have a different way of wanting to receive the answers to issues,in this way straight from people and there ideas,  as they post, for it gets the mind to think and moves me to examine .and motivates drive.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, SINNERSAVED said:

when people comment and respond , it comes from the heart , and it is acceptable to see if it be used or not , by others that are believing in the same way , and it helps to place things into perspective, going to a book , I don't want to follow c.s.lewis, it might be good for others but me personally , I don't read his teachings and ideas.,i do read a lot of books, don't get me wrong, but I have a different way of wanting to receive the answers to issues,in this way straight from people and there ideas,  as they post, for it gets the mind to think and moves me to examine .and motivates drive.

It saddens me to hear that you read a lot of books but won't read books by C.S. Lewis.    Screwtape Letters really exposes satan's tricks and devices.   

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

what I am bringing up here, its not to study about satan , but to know about and to have knowledge about him

SS, just check out the existing threads on this subject, since it has been discussed in detail.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings S "Saved"

Many Christians would prefer to just stay away from the subject and I do not think they truly understand the reality of the realm that exists all around us,,,oh it is real and almost everything is about spiritual warfare,,,,,,,,,if they do not wish to understand the enemy then I  cannot really see how they can truly be "Free" in Christ,,,,,,,to be free of what or whom ?Do they even truly understand what bondage & strongholds are? Perhaps they do,perhaps they don't but it certainly is a topic that is discussed & addressed time & time again through out Gods Word,,,,,,,How about the Christian that loves Jesus with a  passion & yet they are totally dependent on anti-depressants?  The world has much influence on people,world wide deception,,,,,,,yes,even the Christian is bound ,,,,,,,,,principalities,rulers of darkness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does satan & his demons have any real powers,,,,,,the greatest power they have is to deceive & their  greatest accomplishment is to not be recognized

I do think that unless one has had some experience or encounter with the dark side before they came to Jesus,they cannot possibly grasp the reality,,,,,,,,,,,I am sure anyone can receive all the Wisdom & Understanding they will ever need by Divine Revelation from the Holy Spirit but not everyone receives everything God truly has for them because they are not "open" to receive,,,,,,,,,,I know some Christians that have lead Spirit filled lives for 40 & 50 yrs or so but have a more or less "I leave the devil alone & he leaves me alone" attitude...........maybe not everyone is CAlled to be a Warrior,I'm not sure ,,,,,,,but it is a topic worth discussing,,,,,,,,

It is the little things that can make such a big difference in a persons life,,,,,the enemy comes to kill steal & destroy,,,,,,he will kill joy,steal hope & destroy ones faith if your not careful ,,,,,the enemy is insidious so the more a person can know about arming themselves and standing firmly on their Position of Victory in Christ the more freedom they acquire living lives more abundant,,,,,,We see Christians walking around with scowls on their faces(no joy),,,,,,worried about this or that(lack of trust in God),,,,,,,,,frightened to death when they get bad news  with no  great expectations , griping about what little they have or don't have,,,,,,,yes,it is all the enemy & the war you can't see that goes on inside your mind as those thoughts come creeping in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are the children of God Most High,sons & daughters that belong to the Lord,His Property(bought & paid for in full!),,,,,,,,our daily struggles are brought on by a defeated enemy,once we learn to recognize the enemy the battle is over,,,,,take captive those thoughts & replace them with Gods Word,,,,,,,,,,the Sword of the Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is no reason to fear the enemy when you are covered by the Precious Blood of Jesus & you know how to wear Gods Full Armor and that we are ALWAYS Victorious in Christ,,,,,

1 John 4:4

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

To God be the Glory                                          With Love-in Christ,Kwik

9 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings S "Saved"

Many Christians would prefer to just stay away from the subject and I do not think they truly understand the reality of the realm that exists all around us,,,oh it is real and almost everything is about spiritual warfare,,,,,,,,,if they do not wish to understand the enemy then I  cannot really see how they can truly be "Free" in Christ,,,,,,,to be free of what or whom ?Do they even truly understand what bondage & strongholds are? Perhaps they do,perhaps they don't but it certainly is a topic that is discussed & addressed time & time again through out Gods Word,,,,,,,How about the Christian that loves Jesus with a  passion & yet they are totally dependent on anti-depressants?  The world has much influence on people,world wide deception,,,,,,,yes,even the Christian is bound ,,,,,,,,,principalities,rulers of darkness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does satan & his demons have any real powers,,,,,,the greatest power they have is to deceive & their  greatest accomplishment is to not be recognized

I do think that unless one has had some experience or encounter with the dark side before they came to Jesus,they cannot possibly grasp the reality,,,,,,,,,,,I am sure anyone can receive all the Wisdom & Understanding they will ever need by Divine Revelation from the Holy Spirit but not everyone receives everything God truly has for them because they are not "open" to receive,,,,,,,,,,I know some Christians that have lead Spirit filled lives for 40 & 50 yrs or so but have a more or less "I leave the devil alone & he leaves me alone" attitude...........maybe not everyone is CAlled to be a Warrior,I'm not sure ,,,,,,,but it is a topic worth discussing,,,,,,,,

It is the little things that can make such a big difference in a persons life,,,,,the enemy comes to kill steal & destroy,,,,,,he will kill joy,steal hope & destroy ones faith if your not careful ,,,,,the enemy is insidious so the more a person can know about arming themselves and standing firmly on their Position of Victory in Christ the more freedom they acquire living lives more abundant,,,,,,We see Christians walking around with scowls on their faces(no joy),,,,,,worried about this or that(lack of trust in God),,,,,,,,,frightened to death when they get bad news  with no  great expectations , griping about what little they have or don't have,,,,,,,yes,it is all the enemy & the war you can't see that goes on inside your mind as those thoughts come creeping in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are the children of God Most High,sons & daughters that belong to the Lord,His Property(bought & paid for in full!),,,,,,,,our daily struggles are brought on by a defeated enemy,once we learn to recognize the enemy the battle is over,,,,,take captive those thoughts & replace them with Gods Word,,,,,,,,,,the Sword of the Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is no reason to fear the enemy when you are covered by the Precious Blood of Jesus & you know how to wear Gods Full Armor and that we are ALWAYS Victorious in Christ,,,,,

To God be the Glory                                          With Love-in Christ,Kwik

Hello Kwik, welcome back,

I know that this ,is a topic many will not want to deal with , but we also have life , and we know life on earth is not fair, it has to do with the falling sinful nature of adam and eve , but we have  a serpent out there, and to be conquers , we need to know what we face and how we are to move ahead when we are in the battle of the evil one, and yes he comes to still ,kill and destroy, and if many would know there is a devil or a satan , more I believe would take God more seriously,

you ask if we should be talking about this  and my answer is  YES, we should , so that as God and scripture has told us to be ready , to hold on , to endure until the end , that you will be hated and persecuted, you will be killed, and the world will turn against you ,

that sin has spread like cancer, and where is God, in all of this ,? and on and on it goes, but if we are to be praying , we need to know what we are praying for , and if we are told to stand firm in the word of Yahweh, and put on the  armor of Yahweh, then we should be asking, of course this is vital to everyones walk , we need to be testing the spirits and walking in sound doctrine of the truth , if we don't want to know , then we stop learning , and we are dealing with only part of what we believe,

scripture is to show us the way , and to lead us on the straight and narrow, but we cannot pick and choose, what we will read and select from the bible , and what does not feel comfortable , and ignore what we don't want to know,its like not standing up for what you believe,

we need to know what we believe ? and why we believe  ? and what to do if the world comes to a close ,we are given instructions and warnings, how can we even think about the return of Christ ? if we don't watch for the signs , and the evil that is coming,

many will think its all good and no harm or evil can touch you , so we have a great example of what we face by the life of Job !

so yes we need to know , and rightly so, I am not a believer if I am not open to all of the truth ,,if it be Gods will , and I agree or do not understand , this is how we seek God,

if a person comes to you and say why do you believe in a God , and the world is still in evil and violence and why is not our God doing something about it, we need to share why the evil is here , who is the evil and how God loves us,  we cannot say because god loves us , don't worry about that other stuff, we don't need to know ?

then we cannot say we believe, for to believe in God, we need to Believe there is a devil, ?destroying our families, our lives , bring chaos , and reaping havoc on you and me and everything God stands for , we have been quiet, to long, and this is important  and vital,

Yashua tells us of the evil one ,the lawless one through out his teachings, and we are told to put on the armor of God, so why is this , so we know who the enemy is, and how to be prepared,

there is a saying in the bible about sitting down and counting the cost , and to be ready and make a plan for how will you build a house , if you have not taken in account all that is needed , first ? thank you for readiing,

No.I never asked if we should be talking about this ,,,,,,what I did say was it was a topic worth discussing(twice) I also said that is mentioned time & time again through out Gods Word

Did you read my post? I see you copied it but I am not sure you read it because I am in agreement with you & you repeated much of what I said as if I never said a thing?              Love,Kwik

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

No.I never asked if we should be talking about this ,,,,,,what I did say was it was a topic worth discussing(twice) I also said that is mentioned time & time again through out Gods Word

Kwik, sorry I misunderstood,  I apologize ,for reading your post to fast,

No problem,you needn't apologize ,,,,,,,I just had a feeling you must have not really read it carefully,,,no biggie,,,                  Love,Kwik

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I discovered the Biblical doctrine of Satan a couple years back while studying another topic of the Bible.  It changed my life in massive ways.  While dealing with the question of why humans pay for Adam's sin, a book I'd read dealt out several theological options that have been proposed by scholars.  The main scriptures on that topic are in Romans 5.

After putting down the books, I truly sought God for an answer. In the struggle to understand, God led me to ask to ask the question, "Would Adam and Eve have sinned if Satan was not in the Garden?" I came to the conclusion, "no", they would not have sinned. It was Satan who initially tempted Eve (2 Cor 11:3).  The progenitor of sin who propagates evil throughout humanity is the one who ensures that every human born is also deceived as Adam and Eve were.  What really happened in the garden? This led me to see from scripture a bigger picture.

I started to collect verses and I made the discovery that changed everything for me.  I got it. I understood what God was showing me.  What happened in the garden is that when Adam and Eve obeyed Satan rather than God, Satan was given authority over mankind.  In other words, Satan gained a kingdom.  The kingdom of man became the kingdom of Satan.  When we obeyed Satan he became our master.

Joh_8:34  Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin.

Look how Satan was given the kingdoms of the earth...

Luk 4:5-6  The devil also took him to a high place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in an instant.  (6)  He told Jesus, "I will give you all this authority, along with their glory, because it has been given to me, and I give it to anyone I please.

Man fell into Satan's Kingdom. Continue to look at these verses below...

1Jn 5:19  We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Joh 14:30  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,

2Co 4:4  In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Act 26:18  to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

Luk 11:18  And if Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul.

Mat 4:8  Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. Mat 4:9  And he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me."

Mat 13:36  Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field." 37  He answered, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38  The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39  and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels.

Eph 2:1  And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2  in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience-- 3  among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4  But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5  even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--

Joh 8:44  You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

2Ti 2:26  and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Col 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,  (14)  in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Rev 2:13  "'I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. Yet you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith even in the days of Antipas my faithful witness, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells

1Jn 3:8  Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

1Jn 3:10  By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world--he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Luk 1:79  to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."

Eph 2:3  among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

Rom 5:10  For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Act 26:18  to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

1Th 5:5  For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.

Gal 4:8  Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods.

Col 1:21  And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,

I've definitely got more on this topic but I don't want to put too much or you won't want to read it...

Edited by unworthydude