IGNORED

what do we really know about Satan, Who is he ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

15 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

It is not a vendetta but jealously for The Authority of Scriptures... you do not contain this in your
belief system which then brings everything you write into question because we do not know what
source you are using... others may not know this of you and  I am making sure they do! You are at
all times being evaluated by The Scripture here so you'll just have to get used to it... :D Love, Steven

Oh enoob57, have you been marked for burning in this inquisition too?

Amazingly she can speak of you having a vendetta when she herself proudly wears hers like a brightly colored robe.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

16 minutes ago, Refined said:

Like most of Lewis's writings, it has a little value.  But i find it quite deficient in others I suppose.  But anyway, just opinions either way.

That's really sad to hear you hold his writings in such low esteem.  I find him to be a man of humble heart and deep understanding of the things of God.

But yes, they are opinions either way. :)

14 minutes ago, BlindSeeker said:

When most of his writings are admittedly fictional works, it is amazing people elevated them so highly. What does the Scripture say about giving such heed to fables?

Someone doesn't know CS Lewis' writings very well it appears or understand his views on allegory or much of anything about him.

It's sad to see people feel the need to expound on something they know so little of.

For those interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis

One can find a near exhaustive list of his writings here:

http://www.amazon.com/lm/2KJWPFPTZECD

which include numerous non-fiction works such as 

• Mere Christianity

"This essential texts sums up Lewis' approach to Christianity and provides an intellectual exemplar for the "thinking Christian""

• The Problem of Pain
    "Lewis' rational apologetic for why a loving God allows suffering. I love the quote "Pain is God's megaphone to rouse a deaf world.""
  • A Grief Observed

"This is Lewis' existential apologetic for the problem of suffering. It is a copy of his personal anguish and struggles after the death of his wife Joy."

• The Weight of Glory

"My favorite collection of Lewis essays. The title essay changed my philosophy of life and faith."

• C. S. Lewis' Letters to Children

"A fun, light-hearted look at the softer side of Lewis. I love the fact that he never talked down to children. He treated them like real people with valid concerns."

• The Abolition of Man

"This is his most explicitly philosophical work, an attempt to show the necessity of the existence "absolute and universal values""

• Present Concerns

"Another random collection, this time dealing with more cultural issues of Lewis' day. Less relevant but still a good study of Lewisian thought."

• The Four Loves

"This book has a lot of practical and philosophical reflections on the variety of human affections that we lump under the English word "love".

• Miracles

"This is Lewis' "Treatise contra naturalism". He makes a very strong case for the rationality of a supernaturalist worldview."

• "One of the best (and largest) collection of Lewis' essays"

• "A collection of letters Lewis wrote over a long period of years to an American lady he never met. A good look at the "pastoral" Lewis."

And the list just goes on and on and on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,053
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

No enoob.

No one has talked about sola scritpura in this thread.  No one has talked about anything you've brought up in your responses to me in this thread.

When someone starts stalking someone to deliberately bring up topics unrelated to the thread in order to attack them, this reveals a vendetta and when it is done repeatedly, this reveals stalking.   

You have simply hijacked this thread for your own personal purpose and vendetta.

So you will need to examine your own heart ask why you are violating the rules of this site like this?

Let me help you catch up dear one :) 
This thread-                    

•  
SINNERSAVED

what do we really know about Satan, Who is he ?

There is only one source to answer this question ... and that was the topic at hand! My showing the
Scripture to be the only source to answer that -however you built a straw man argument of off topic
due to the light it placed you in... you see 'LF' there's an assembly of believers here that weigh 
everything by The Scripture for we are born of The Living Word Christ The Lord Jesus and by that
Word we are told that He 'IS' the Way, The Truth, The Life as The only High Priest and authority...  So
we lead them in God's Word alone 'Sola Scriptura' which you deny as the proper way to do so by
your belief system which is:
popery oral traditions equal to that of Scripture- (although they in written form are contradictory),
apocrypha,
prophecy of todays tongues, etc.
So as you make your way around the threads it is my duty to God in the Scriptures to point out the
multiplicity of error you might contain... CS Lewis speaking of his understanding of Scripture can
only be evaluated by The Scripture so one must know what the Scripture says to determine the
subject of this thread listed above and Lewis's writing... Love, Steven

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Screwtape Letters is fiction.

3 minutes ago, Willa said:

Screwtape Letters is fiction.

Yeah it is.    It uses a fictional presentation as a vehicle to communicate spiritual truths in a way people can more easily understand.

Jesus used parables and stories.  Those were fictional too.

Have you ever read it Willa?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

1 John 5 15-19     Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains in him, and he in God. 16 We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him. 17 In this love has been made perfect among us, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment, because as he is, even so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment. He who fears is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us.

I must keep my eyes on Jesus to be able to walk on water or walk in the Spirit.  If the evil in the world gets my attention it is more likely that I become fearful, forgetting God's love for me and for the world he sent his Son to die for.    I must be filled with and walking in the Spirit to share God's love for those in the clutches of evil.  I need to allow Jesus' compassion to reach out through me.    So I need to focus on God.  Perhaps other people can focus on the enemy and the works of the enemy and do the work of God by walking in the Spirit.  But Romans 8:5 ESV says that those who walk in the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh (like witchcraft,or sorcery,, impurity, dissensions. Gal 5:19)  But those who live according ot the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.  I don't believe we can be effective in doing the things of God unless we do them God's way, by His Spirit.

Blessings,

Willa

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Who is Satan? Who is the devil?"

Answer:
People's beliefs concerning Satan range from the silly to the abstract—from a little red guy with horns who sits on your shoulder urging you to sin, to an expression used to describe the personification of evil. The Bible, however, gives us a clear portrait of who Satan is and how he affects our lives. Put simply, the Bible defines Satan as an angelic being who fell from his position in heaven due to sin and is now completely opposed to God, doing all in his power to thwart God's purposes.

Satan was created as a holy angel. Isaiah 14:12 possibly gives Satan’s pre-fall name as Lucifer. Ezekiel 28:12-14 describes Satan as having been created a cherub, apparently the highest created angel. He became arrogant in his beauty and status and decided he wanted to sit on a throne above that of God (Isaiah 14:13-14; Ezekiel 28:15; 1 Timothy 3:6). Satan’s pride led to his fall. Notice the many “I will” statements in Isaiah 14:12-15. Because of his sin, God permanently removed Satan from his exalted position and role.

Satan became the ruler of this world and the prince of the power of the air (John 12:31; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:2). He is an accuser (Revelation 12:10), a tempter (Matthew 4:3; 1 Thessalonians 3:5), and a deceiver (Genesis 3; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 20:3). His very name means “adversary” or “one who opposes.” Another of his titles, the devil, means “slanderer.”

Even though he was cast out of heaven, he still seeks to elevate his throne above God. He counterfeits all that God does, hoping to gain the worship of the world and encourage opposition to God's kingdom. Satan is the ultimate source behind every false cult and world religion. Satan will do anything and everything in his power to oppose God and those who follow God. However, Satan’s destiny is sealed—an eternity in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10).

http://www.gotquestions.org/who-Satan.html