• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Kan said:

The new incorporates the old.

I don't have the time to look the scripture up, but James says that it will be all burned up to the point that the elements melt.    It doesn't in other places say there is an redone old to a new, but simply a new.    I can go deeper at a later time if we need to do so.  Also keep in mind that we will be like Jesus and able to see and exist in the other worlds that most call the spiritual realm.  No light from the Sun or Moon certainly sounds like we have a different heat source, if we even need heat in the new world.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, other one said:

I don't have the time to look the scripture up, but James says that it will be all burned up to the point that the elements melt.    It doesn't in other places say there is an redone old to a new, but simply a new.    I can go deeper at a later time if we need to do so.  Also keep in mind that we will be like Jesus and able to see and exist in the other worlds that most call the spiritual realm.  No light from the Sun or Moon certainly sounds like we have a different heat source, if we even need heat in the new world.

That's right, it will be so different that the old vanishes. Another place it says that death is swallowed up. That's a kind of phagocytosis isn't it?

Either way it will be good.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, other one said:

God no where in Scripture said, "there will be no more sun, nor moon,"

God actually says;  

Rev. 21: 23, AND THE CITY HAD NO NEED OF THE SUN, NEITHER THE MOON TO SHINE IN IT:  for the glory of God did lighten IT, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Now who's adding to the Word again?

[THE GLORY OF GOD, THE LAMB, KING JESUS WILL LIGHT THE CITY!, not the earth] The Earth will continue to receive the light from the sun, and the moon, even seven fold stronger that now.

In the new Heaven and the New Earth, the only thing that will not be in the Earth is the sea according to Scripture.

Rev. 21:  1, And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Our  new heaven will contain the sun, the moon, and stars.

The light of the city will surpass the light of the sun, moon, and stars. We know that the light of the sun, moon and stars will be increased during the Millennium (Isa. 30:26) so if the glory of God outshines this new light of the sun, moon, and stars it will be wonderful beyond words. These passages do not teach that the sun and moon will not shine, but that in this particular city there will be no need for them, for there will be a greater light - the glory of God. Neither do these passages teach that there will be no sun, and moon in the rest of the Earth, for they will shine forever and day and night will not cease on Earth (Gen.8:22; Ps. 89:2-3, 29. 35:37; Jer. 31:35:6). This light of the New Jerusalem will radiate from Gods throne on the highest peak of the city 1,500 miles high and will give light to all the city below. It is beyond the imagination of men to picture how marvellous will be the dazzling light from the glory of God shining on this city of transparent gold and decked with all manner of precious stones and pearls.  Whether this glory will be the full brightness that God lives in now as stated in 1 Tim 6:16 is not clear, but it will be brighter than the brightest sunlight possible, as is stated in Rev. 21:23-25.