• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Alan Hales said:

Show me where the Bible says the gifts have ceased. Show me where the Bible says it was just the Apostles that did healings and miracles. Show me where Paul couldn't exorcise the gifts.

You really expect others to do your homework?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On March 19, 2016 at 0:13 AM, gdemoss said:

I find it disturbing when people hide their prideful self estimation behind words like "your argument is with God not with me".

Am I so arrogant to beleive I possess absolute perfect knowledge, wisdom and understanding pertaining to the word of God and God's ways?  I cannot be wrong so in my perfect understanding I declare your arguing with God when you dispute my interpretation of the written word?

God, I hope not.

There is only one who could ever make such a boast, Jesus.  Then after him such declarations came from men like the Apostle Paul but even he said that his words were not just words but supported by confirmation from God.  They came in deed and in power.

Let any man who claims such a boast of himself show the promise of God behind his words by declaring what manner of consequence will follow for withstanding him here!  Then let us watch as his words are or are not backed up by almighty God.  Or let such a one refrain from his pride and repent.  Let him admit that he simply holds an opinion of the word of God that he beleives to be true and lives according too.

As for the OP, I am greatly desirous to understand the gift of healing.  I would love to spend my days laying hands on the sick and halt only to watch them recover!  To give God and God alone the praise for his redemptive work in them!!!

My gift has been love.  Much love of God poured out on ungodly me that I can't help but love other ungodly creatures like me.

If you ever get to a place of being able to be in attendance of men who have this gift, I would love to come and fellowship wherever that may be.  Please give me a holler if it comes to pass.  I will fly out, Lord willing of course!

Dearest brother, I have frequently told one of my best friends that her argument is with God and not with me.  She gets very angry when I say that.  You see, she believes that Jesus died for her sins but does not believe the Bible is God's Word, God breathed or otherwise.  She thinks it is only man's opinion.  So she incorporates some reincarnation and some animism into her philosophy.   I don't argue with her anymore like I did when we were teenagers.  I just love her intensely and tell her that her argument is with God.  Is that being prideful?  

I tend to lay hands on the sick or just pray for the sick in obedience and leave the results to God.  Our pastor seems to also have a gift of knowledge because he often knows who will be healed before he prays.  But it is all done very quietly and few know this is being done.  Only once Has God given that faith to me, and that time in my daily devotions I had begun reading in Matthew again, but paused and meditated on every verse about healing as I was being drawn to them.  A week later my husband was bedridden with a pinched nerve in his neck.  No doctor would touch him that I called.  The hospital gave him narcotics that didn't help--even morphine.  5 weeks later he had lost 30 pounds because he was so nauseous from the pain and the narcotics.  It caused him to go into afib.  I prayed for him intensely day and night, believing that God would heal.  But only a few hours after our pastor and elders prayed for him, it was completely gone.  Hubby said it felt like warm oil was being poured over him and going through him.  

I would love to seen God work miracles when I pray for people, too.  But most often I don't see the results.  I just have compassion on the people and pray for them irregardless.  We can always ask.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Then He sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

You really expect others to do your homework?

You have made statement, So back them up with scriptures. Please.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

22 hours ago, Ezra said:

God does allow Christians -- often very faithful Christians -- to remain sick, disabled, bedridden, or diseased. That is what we see all around us. One cannot automatically say "They have no faith therefore they are not healed".

As for "the gift of healing" is was present during the apostolic period but not today. If it was to be for today, every Bible church would have at least one genuine healer. Instead we find in James that Christians are to call for the elders and ask for the prayer of faith for their healing.

The gift of healing has not passed away. If you believe so, it is your loss and the loss of the people around you. You are obviously a religious person, but it does require the knowledge and faith in it to occur; it requires more than religion, it requires spirituality. I see it weekly.

A man with a theory is hard pressed to argue with a man who has experience.

22 hours ago, algots said:

No mean intent intended, but, objectively, if God want's everyone completely healed, why don't you have a full head of hair? Do you lack faith? Or does this mean you're not saved...if salvation includes healing?

Why doesn't what you promote apply to you?

He must have the desire and spiritually battle for it. Plenty of preachers wear glasses and even the man who is mentoring me wears glasses, but he has worn them since he was 4 and they don't bother him, he does not care to pray for his eyes to be renewed.

4 hours ago, hmbld said:

Surely Paul believed God. 

I have already addressed the issue of Paul's thorn but it seems people don't read previous commentary.

1 hour ago, algots said:

You question my Biblical literacy, but you, yourself, don't know of the Apostle Paul's affliction? Oh, that's right, why would you? It contradicts what you're being spoon-fed, so it's not "important".

The issue wasn't him not being healed, but according to your theology, why? Do you accuse the Apostle Paul of lack of "faith"?

I think it's certainly appropriate to question anyone's biblical literacy, especially when they have been mislead by doctrinely incorrect teaching such as yourself. 

Since it need be brought up again for peoples' lack of background reading. Paul's thorn was no more a physical ailment than the inhabitabts of Canaan to the children of Israel, if you are unfamiliar with this scripture, I won't make you do your own homework, Num 33:55, or in Joshua 23:13, "they shall be...scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes." Did God mean that the people would crawl into their eyes? Or that they would impale themselves in their abdomens? Doubtful. Try reading 2 Cor 11 and 2 Cor 12 together again, or for the first time it seems. Remember these separations were not there, they were put there so scripture could be catalogued. This was one continous letter. Paul names all of his "infirmities" yet fails to mention any physical illness. Renew your mind with the truth. 

Jehovah Rapha, I am the Lord that healtheth thee, his first redemptive name infact, all of his other redemptive names are eternal, why would anyone believe just this one has been revoked? Because of your doubt and lack of knowledge. 

As for the commentor who keeps speaking about the importance of the eternal only, realize that Jesus died to redeem us from the curse of the law, it does not apply to us, we are eternally redeemed from it. If you are sick then you need to renew your mind and learn about the possibilities, for man it is impossible but for God nothing is impossible. When you or someone close to you becomes grievously ill, remember to inform them and remind yourself, of the eternal and not the present, 'because that is all that is important.' Did Jesus say this to the sick that came and crawled to him? Did he say no worries, your illness will only remain for the rest of your natural life, then you will be reborn. Or did he even say, do not worry, I will die in 6 months for you and after that you will have eternal life after you have been plagued with phayical hardship for your entire life.....No. He healed them. He loved them and he loves us, now, not just when we are dead and in heaven. 

If we were doing as Jesus instructed there would be no poverty, no hunger or homelesness, and no sickness. We keep speaking his word but we have lost the power in it, or some of us have. 

Be aware that Jesus said it is finished, he has given us all we need, yet we keep scrurrying about like a kitchen mouse searching for crumbs. 

You would be a fool to think God and especially Jesus don't care about the present, the present tense is part of eternity, and don't forget Jesus died 2,000 years ago, would you think he'd be happy at the depravity taken in so many forms throughout the world? That a majority of people don't believe that sickness was redeemed through his beatings and death because they lack the knowledge of it? That we aren't casting out devils, healing the sick, and raising the dead.

Read Mark 16:17-18, his FINAL WORDS before his ascention. Don't you consider someone's final words important? How about your saviors last words?

You would be a fool to think that Jesus is all smiles with the way his legacy has played out as a whole.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Oh boy. In God's eternal purposes, He does say no at times. I believe he heals, after 15 years I merely asked Him one day about healing and He healed my painful shoulder. In my lack if faith I was afraid to testify of it for fear I would lose the use of my shoulder and cause someone to doubt God. But to say all can be healed immediately, well for someone who has faith and has been told no, your response is hard, especially for a babe. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

Oh boy. In God's eternal purposes, He does say no at times. I believe he heals, after 15 years I merely asked Him one day about healing and He healed my painful shoulder. In my lack if faith I was afraid to testify of it for fear I would lose the use of my shoulder and cause someone to doubt God. But to say all can be healed immediately, well for someone who has faith and has been told no, your response is hard, especially for a babe. 

God nor Jesus ever promised immediate healing, there are instances where Jesus healed people and they were not healed immediately, the lepers were healed as they went and the blind men was healed after Jesus prayed twice. 

The battle with sickness is a battle against the devil not with God. Jesus has redeemed us from all sickness and disease, given us authority over all the powers of the enemy, sickness is a satanic opression. Jesus has done his job, "it is finished," we need to do as we were instructed and use the power we have been given the keys to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,263
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There is a lot to understand above this subject... but this is a good basis to begin right thinking and reason with God in His Word about it!
http://www.gotquestions.org/signs-and-wonders.html

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

.... in that gotquestions webpage: >

Near end, the summary: "Better than seeking after a new miracle is taking God at His Word"

True. 

SEEK HIM.  and KEEP SEEKING HIM every day.  His Word: WHOEVER seeks ME and keeps seeking ME will find ME.

"take HIM at His Word".

Remember, when you find Him,  

there's His Promise: Peace, Joy and Righteousness. ((end of deception and depression, in the midst of all troubles))

Free access to HIS THRONE OF GRACE to find HELP IN TIME OF TROUBLE.

biblehub.com/kjv/hebrews/4-16

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.