Malcolm55

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am very depressed. My cousin Rachel recently perished due to a severe case of acute leukemia. It was tragic indeed; nothing seemed to work. We prayed, we tried everything, but it only got worse. After a few years, Rachel died in her sleep. Rachel was one of the best people I knew. Rachel was generous to a fault, and god would have loved her. Why would He kill Rachel? Do prayers really work? I did a bit of reasearch... and unfortunately god doesn't even appear to be answering our calls to Him (based on a few google results). How do we even know He exists? If he does, why does He not answer our prayers? I've been a Christian all my life; I am shocked to learn of god's apparent apathy...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Welcome Malcolm ..

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't need quotes from psalms/the bible. What makes them any more than empty promises if gd doesn't help us in times of need? Did he just abandon Rachel, or is there some explanation for her tragic untimely death? p.s. I don't think your link works...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

19 minutes ago, Malcolm55 said:

I am very depressed. My cousin Rachel recently perished due to a severe case of acute leukemia. It was tragic indeed; nothing seemed to work. We prayed, we tried everything, but it only got worse. After a few years, Rachel died in her sleep. Rachel was one of the best people I knew. Rachel was generous to a fault, and god would have loved her. Why would He kill Rachel? Do prayers really work? I did a bit of reasearch... and unfortunately god doesn't even appear to be answering our calls to Him (based on a few google results). How do we even know He exists? If he does, why does He not answer our prayers? I've been a Christian all my life; I am shocked to learn of god's apparent apathy...

Hi Malcom,  

It is hard when there is suffering and loss, and it seems God isn't listening.   This is appearances only.    

There are passages in the bible that many people don't know or don't pay attention to.

• Isaiah 57:1   The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.

God answers prayer, but He doesn't answer every prayer just a good parent doesn't give a child candy at the store just because the child asks for it.     Even harder than it is for a child to understand their parent saying "no,' it can be so much harder for us to understand God saying "no."   We aren't going to understand why God allows what He allows, but He sees the end from the beginning and knows things we don't know.   It boils down to choosing to trust God because God loves us, and in this world darkened by sin, distorting spiritual realities, it is hard for us to see His love, but it is in everything He allows our way, even the hardest things to bear.   Don't loose heart or hope or faith or love.  Hold on tight. God is actually carrying you right now but the spiritual darkness of this world makes it so difficult to see.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

This last year my late fiance died five days after his 49th birthday. It was untimely. We prayed and he got worse and worse. He suffered a lot for a long time, and I suffered along with him. Why did it play out like that? I have no idea.

What I do know is that God's promises never fail. Ever.

He hears our prayers... and answers them according to HIS will. We may not understand why He answers in the way He does because we are not all-knowing and can't see all of eternity and how everything will play out. We can trust that the way He answers our prayers is in LOVE cuz that's who He is.

I know my late fiance is in heaven, completely healed, without suffering... he was praising God up until the end... even when he asked me, "Am I dying?" He never gave up his faith, always knew God loved him, and always felt blessed despite what he was going through. He may now have the answer to the "whys" that I don't.  God did have mercy on him despite the suffering he endured... Jesus Himself suffered, so who are we to escape it?! I just know God is good and I trust Him completely.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, seraph said:

This last year my late fiance died five days after his 49th birthday. It was untimely. We prayed and he got worse and worse. He suffered a lot for a long time, and I suffered along with him. Why did it play out like that? I have no idea.

He hears our prayers... and answers them according to HIS will. We may not understand why He answers in the way He does because we are not all-knowing and can't see all of eternity and how everything will play out. We can trust that the way He answers our prayers is in LOVE cuz that's who He is.

I know my late fiance is in heaven, completely healed, without suffering... he was praising God up until the end... even when he asked me, "Am I dying?" He never gave up his faith, always knew God loved him, and always felt blessed despite what he was going through. He may now have the answer to the "whys" that I don't.  God did have mercy on him despite the suffering he endured... Jesus Himself suffered, so who are we to escape it?! I just know God is good and I trust Him completely.

Your testimony is so appealing. (Thank you Lord for people of love and faith.) I feel so encouraged that I can wait for the few years of this temporary life to roll over, into a new life altogether.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 1/13/2016 at 7:47 PM, Malcolm55 said:

malcolm, welcome to Worthy.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  Nothing anyone can say will help the hurt you have in your heart right now.  

You said you were a Christian, but I"m wondering when you described your cousin Rachael that "God would have loved her, if He ever got to know her.  He knew her malcom, He created her, He knew her before the foundations of world were laid.  God did and still does love her.  She was never out of His thoughts for an instant.  

I want to ask who is God to you?  you said you have been a Christian all your life but I'm wondering are you in a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ?  Have you asked Him to be the Lord of your life?

For Christians this earth is just a temporary dwelling place, our real home our eternal home is in Heaven.  That is what we have to look forward to after we leave this body that is frail and prone to sickness.  

God did not inflict this sickness on Rachael, these  bodies break down, ever since Adam and Eve sinned our bodies began to die.  God only wishes for us to reach out to Him in a personal relationship.  If you do that I promise you will begin to understand things you might not now.

Blessings RustyAngeL 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

God does hear our prayers. Does He answer them according to our will? Not always. God does not "kill" one we love to suit His desire. He is loving. I would dare say that everyone here has suffered the agony of saying goodbye to one they love. Blame God? How foolish. Our bodies are mortal and prone to sickness and disease and the Bible says it is alotted to man once to die. It matters not how good or how bad we are...how much we love the Lord or if we despise Him.

You Say you prayed and God did not answer your prayer.I dare say all here have prayed for loved ones...no one wants to part with family they love. Were the prayers answered? Most likely not, because God knows what is best for all of us. ( what a callous cold hearted statement you must think....Christian!!) As Christians we surrender our will to to God, knowing He loves us and will do what is best. He knows what future lies ahead of us we do not.

I had a sister. She was the most wonderful God fearing, tender loving, selfless, humble person I know. She led Bible studies, witnessed to people who now so fondly remember her as the one who introduced them to Jesus and His saving Grace. They now live for Him and look forward to the rapture...they and their families. Did Jesus hear and answer my prayer and the prayer of all those who prayed for her? No. I had to surrender my will to that of the Father. I had to pray "Not my will but Thine be done." Hard get wrenching words about the one I so loved. Yet He knew what was good and perfect for her. I know without a shadow of a doubt that she is enjoying His presence. A beauty I cannot imagine. Miss her? Immensely. Blame God for taking her home? Never, because I know, that I know she is not lost to me as are my parents and brother. I WILL see them again. They have just taken the trip to heaven before me. They are coming again with Jesus to meet me in the air or I will see them in heaven...it is all God's will and His will is perfect and supreme.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

15 hours ago, seraph said:

Amen seraph, He never lets us down.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Grief is a very dark tunnel.  A friend once told me, "This, too, will pass."  Somehow life goes on without those we love.  But it will never be the same.  Their loss leaves a hole in our lives.  

Some of the "steps of grief" are:

Shock and disbelief,

Bargaining with God

Anger, sometimes directed at doctors and often directed at God.    That might be where you are now.

Depression

Acceptance and resolving to get on with life.

We often skip steps and often repeat it all.  Sometimes there are other steps  But it gets easier as we learn how to resolve it.  I hope it helps to know that others have felt your pain.  God sort of prepared me by a christian class in counseling which ended in the loss of my father in law suddenly in an accident.  Then my dad died a year later and he was the last of my family so it was a hard one. 

God the Comforter is right next to you desiring to help you and heal your broken heart.  But right not your can't hear Him.  The pain is just overwhelming.  But He said He would never leave you or forsake you.  He never promised a life without pain and hardship.  He only promised to be with us through it all.