IGNORED

Could America (NYC) be the great harlot...

Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,227
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

The Roman Church began to fornicate with the Roman Empire beginning in 313 AD. That unholy church-state relationship has taken multiple forms over the centuries: for just one single example, the collusion of the RCC with the Nazis before, during, and after WWII. Much of that fornication had and still has to do with money and banking, including the current international banking cartel.

Spiritually, wine represents the Holy Spirit; carnally, it represents money. People will either seek to become intoxicated with the Spirit, or intoxicated with mammon.

Hi WilliamL,

I agree as regards what the RCC has done & is still doing. However, as you know I only see it as part of the `prostitutes.` So when it says, `Mother of prostitutes  & of the abominations of the earth,`  how do you see the RCC responsible for the `abominations of the earth?`  I would have thought that that would include all (false) religious groups.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Marilyn,  

This study goes into a fair amount of detail describing this from Scripture :

https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/all-women-bible/Mother-Harlots

Hi simplejeff,

Thank you for the link. I read it, but only agree in as much as I see the RCC as part of the prostitutes. The writer of that info said -

`the coming universal church controlled by the Papacy..`

I do not see Moslems or Jews coming under the Papacy, do you?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, Marilyn C said:

Hi simplejeff,

Thank you for the link. I read it, but only agree in as much as I see the RCC as part of the prostitutes. The writer of that info said -

`the coming universal church controlled by the Papacy..`

I do not see Moslems or Jews coming under the Papacy, do you?

Marilyn.

I don't either.  And I don't care how much Muslims seem to like Mary.  Not in my lifetime. 

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi WilliamL,

I agree as regards what the RCC has done & is still doing. However, as you know I only see it as part of the `prostitutes.` So when it says, `Mother of prostitutes  & of the abominations of the earth,`  how do you see the RCC responsible for the `abominations of the earth?`  I would have thought that that would include all (false) religious groups.

Marilyn.

It is a popular notion to blame it all on the pope and his band of cardinals, and most of them certainly are flawed, but is it that easy? 

2 hours ago, WilliamL said:

The Roman Church began to fornicate with the Roman Empire beginning in 313 AD. That unholy church-state relationship has taken multiple forms over the centuries: for just one single example, the collusion of the RCC with the Nazis before, during, and after WWII. Much of that fornication had and still has to do with money and banking, including the current international banking cartel.

Spiritually, wine represents the Holy Spirit; carnally, it represents money. People will either seek to become intoxicated with the Spirit, or intoxicated with mammon.

No doubt here William, Constantine set a very bad precedence at Nicea.  Church and State in bed with each other.....tsk tsk.  (Closing eyes)

Sorry Marilyn, 

There's so much not in plumb with this post, there's no way to address it in any short way on this forum especially.

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi simplejeff,

Yes I can understand why people would think the RCC is the great harlot, but a closer look reveals this is not so. To go from `garments of purple ...& gems etc straight to the RCC priests is bypassing what God has said of those details in his word. The RCC priests are dressed like that because that organisation tries to follow on the Jewish temple details - the tabernacle, the altar, the sacrifice, the garments, the smell & bells, etc.

We always need to respect what God `s interpretation is. He wrote the whole Bible & has given the interpretation of His symbols to us. It is not up to us to jump to something outside His word when the interpretation is already there - garments, gems - priestly, esp. High Priest. Note, all false religions have priests, those that so called mediate for others in `spiritual` things.

Marilyn.

Hi simplejeff,

Well we`ll just walk it through & see what happens in the next few years.

Bless you bro, Marilyn.

Easy !? no.  

Simple and true ? ...Also note that you don't have to even name names.  The various and many doctrines , practices and other dictates in writing are contrary to Scripture through and through.    No need to concern yourself with any one or group of people.  Test by Scripture  - don't have to read much perhaps, just test until Yahweh  and Scripture  proves something is untrue---  after that , no more testing is needed for that. ....

7 minutes ago, Spock said:

It is a popular notion to blame it all on the pope and his band of cardinals, and most of them certainly are flawed, but is it that easy? 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Remember that we are speaking of one city. Not Babylon of old, which was a rubble heap with no people in John's day, but a new city that took on the mantle of the old.

Now, in Bible speak, what is an abomination?

Deut. 7:25 ...carved images...[are] an abomination to the LORD your God. 26 Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it.

After the Roman Church began to prostitute itself with the Roman state, it came to inherit the pagan office of the Pontifex Maximus, the high priesthood of Rome. That office had come over from Pergamum ("where Satan's throne is," Rev. 2:13), in western Asia Minor, which had gotten it from eastern Asia Minor. Rome conquered the area around Pergamum in 190 BC at the Battle of Magnesia.  The Chaldean MYSTERY religion's priesthood had come to eastern Asia Minor in 729 BC, when Assyrian King Tiglath-pileser III conquered Babylon and deported the Chaldeans there.

The subtle doctrines of paganism began to infest the Roman Church, which culminated in the Seventh Ecumenical Council in 787 AD, which sanctioned the "veneration of images," and commanded that no church was to be consecrated unless it had a relic of Christ (such as a piece of the 'True Cross') or of a saint. And so the practice of ancient Babylon had come full circle, wearing a new face, but with the same old idolatrous practices.