• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, other one said:

Revelation is pretty clear that anyone who takes the mark will go into the fire. I see no way out of it from scripture itself without adding human thought and reasoning that would change my mind.  I'm 68 years old and have seen human logic create some interesting things.   If people can't be forgiven for it then we should make sure not to take the mark for any reason, but if I am wrong then God can help them..

This thread has shown it is far from clear. Would you not share the gospel with an unbeliever who has taken the mark because you think his or her fate is already sealed? Then you deprive the person of the only hope he or she has if you are wrong. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, ghtan said:

This thread has shown it is far from clear. Would you not share the gospel with an unbeliever who has taken the mark because you think his or her fate is already sealed? Then you deprive the person of the only hope he or she has if you are wrong. 

The Holy Spirit does that job and he would lead me to do so and I would do so if led to do so.....   but.....   I have read this thread and I do reject the notion that a person who takes the mark can be saved....  It just doesn't say that to me...   but I do have a pretty close relationship with the Lord and if he wants me to tell someone I certainly would.....    but I would much rather them not take it at all.

But then again I have resolved myself to either going out living by the sword and dying by the sword, or just being killed later anyway....    and me and the Lord will cross that bridge when the time comes.

3 hours ago, other one said:

The Holy Spirit does that job and he would lead me to do so and I would do so if led to do so.....   but.....   I have read this thread and I do reject the notion that a person who takes the mark can be saved....  It just doesn't say that to me...   but I do have a pretty close relationship with the Lord and if he wants me to tell someone I certainly would.....    but I would much rather them not take it at all.

But then again I have resolved myself to either going out living by the sword and dying by the sword, or just being killed later anyway....    and me and the Lord will cross that bridge when the time comes.

I think we all like to think that but it is probably why after 2000 years the church still hasn't finished the task assigned to it to evangelize the world. Btw, why are you so sure Rev teaches what you say it does? I have only seen 14:9-11 being cited but to me it is no different in principle from 21:8. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Carry on with what you are doing and we'll let Jesus settle it come judgment day...

Ah, I take it that means you have no other scriptural support. My conscience feels quite clear then. Thanks. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

You said one could take the Mark and worship the Image and still repent.  What did I misrepresent here?  It's what you said.  There was NO 0ersonal attack on you.  I said if you believe those things you're not Christian.  Can you dispute that?  Show me that I'm wrong? 

Don't attempt to deflect.  Here is your misrepresentation:

15 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

If you think it's okay to worship a false god, or an idol, and that you won't face eternal damnation for doing so, then you are NOT a Christian, Daze.  It really is that simple.

I never, anywhere said that it's okay to sin or that there aren't consequences.  You clearly misrepresented my position in an effort to discredit it and then based on that falsehood call my faith into question.  Yes, that's a personal attack, no matter how you try to disguise it.  I'm sure you'll understand if I refrain from further dialogue with you.  I pray that you fare well, sister.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

22 hours ago, other one said:

Revelation is pretty clear that anyone who takes the mark will go into the fire. I see no way out of it from scripture itself without adding human thought and reasoning that would change my mind.  I'm 68 years old and have seen human logic create some interesting things.   If people can't be forgiven for it then we should make sure not to take the mark for any reason, but if I am wrong then God can help them..

Again, I have to agree with OO on this interpretation. I know it might sound harsh, but I'm sure God has his reason for saying that if you take this mark, you forfeit all right to inherit eternal life.  I'm not going to contradict scripture just to promote what I think is right or less harsh.  I'm not here to please man, so I will not and cannot contradict clear teaching in scripture.  

Jesus also said you better not blaspheme the Holy Spirit because there is no forgiveness for that too.  Honestly, I don't know the full implication of that comment, but it sounds foreboding enough that I would do all that I can to make sure I don't come near it. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Don't attempt to deflect.  Here is your misrepresentation:

I never, anywhere said that it's okay to sin or that there aren't consequences.  You clearly misrepresented my position in an effort to discredit it and then based on that falsehood call my faith into question.  Yes, that's a personal attack, no matter how you try to disguise it.  I'm sure you'll understand if I refrain from further dialogue with you.  I pray that you fare well, sister.

I agree with you on this Daze. Hey MG, you know I love you as a brother in Christ, but when you say huge things like this (you are not a Christian, which means you are an unbeliever) I strongly believe you have gone too far with your words and should not go there. That is God's realm.  Please reconsider and measure your words carefully. I know there is a better way to make your point without being judgmental like this, which I don't believe is our calling.  

In love MG,

spock

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Last Daze

I just had a thought.

What if someone is already in the prison system.  Would they be "forced" to receive the Mark of the beast against their will?  Do prisoners have rights when it comes to prison procedures?