• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Ezra said:

1. The Temple in Jerusalem does not exist at the moment, and the Ark of the Covenant was taken up to Heaven long ago.

2. Heaven has existed from eternity past, and that is where God and Christ are.

3. There is also a Temple in Heaven called "the sanctuary", and this is the true Holy of Holies. That is where God and Christ are.

4. 2 Peter 3:10 does not refer to God's Heaven (the third heaven) but rather the atmospheric and stratospheric heavens surrounding the earth.

There was quite a bit of scripture you are dismissing for your own ideas. Do you have scriptures to back this up? 

The tabernacle in the wilderness and Solomon's temple were visited by God in a cloud on a number of occasions. We are told throughout Exodus that whenever the cloud was on the tabernacle, the children of Israel would not move. When the cloud was lifted up, then the children moved. The LORD came in a cloud. Where He is there is heaven. Recall heaven is God's throne. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, mevosper said:

There was quite a bit of scripture you are dismissing for your own ideas. Do you have scriptures to back this up? 

There is plenty of Scripture to back this up. You already saw the Scripture which says that the Ark of the Covenant is presently in Heaven. That demolishes your theory right there.

15 hours ago, Sister said:

Mesvoper

Jesus explained that God does not dwell in temples made with hands.

When God meets with the children of Israel it will be according to his authority, his Word.

God communicated with Israel through his commandments. Those commandments are written in stone, and kept in a safe place for a witness.  Till today, the Ark of the Covenant is hidden from men in the earth, but we have the commandments recorded in the OT for us. 

The Ark of the Covenant's whereabouts containing the commandments and the mercy seat will be revealed to Israel and the whole world after the Mark of the Beast is introduced.

If the spirit of God has been guiding us, we should already know where it's real location is today.

Sister, even though I provided scripture that says God would meet with the children from between the cherubim, you refute with your own understanding? The whereabouts of the Ark of the Covenant are not a concern any longer. Recall: 

[2Co 3:3 KJV]
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Other verses that reinforce the intention of God's laws on our hearts. 

[Job 22:22 KJV]
Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.

[Psa 40:8 KJV]
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

[Psa 119:34 KJV]
Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

[Pro 3:1 KJV]
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

[Isa 51:7 KJV]
Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

[Jer 31:33 KJV]
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

46 minutes ago, Ezra said:

There is plenty of Scripture to back this up. You already saw the Scripture which says that the Ark of the Covenant is presently in Heaven. That demolishes your theory right there.

[Rev 11:19 KJV]
And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Recall, this is a spiritual look into what took place when the veil was torn at Christ's crucifixion. So, there is actually no demolishing of any theory. In fact, it enhances the idea that the temple is heaven. How? Matthew, Mark, and Luke provide the physical look. Revelation provides the spiritual look.

[Mat 27:51 KJV]
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

[Mar 15:38 KJV]
And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

[Luk 23:45 KJV]
And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

The ark of the covenant was behind the veil. No one could access that until Christ's work on the cross, except for the one time per year in which the priest went in. Picture now, the ark of the covenant being our hearts and minds. The laws are written on our hearts, Aaron's staff that budded represents God's spirit growing within us. The mana from heaven in the omer represents Christ in us as he is the true bread of life. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Mevosper

I had to read your post quite a few times to see what your point was?  No one was answering.  You ended it with this;

The verses in Exodus and Isaiah lead me to believe that heaven, God’s thrones, is actually in the Holy of Holies of the temple, if not the entire temple itself. This is significant. What makes this so significant? This is the part that may raise some questions.

[2Pe 3:10 KJV]But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The children of Israel, and specifically the priests, scribes, and Pharisees, had direct access to the God of the universe, the Creator of all. When this access was given to everyone (including the Gentiles) this, to me seems like a VERY traumatic event. It could be the end of an age. This event would be the end of a way of life for the past 1200+ years.

What are your thoughts on these connections?

I gave you my thoughts.  The above verse will be the end of an age, ...the end of the First Dominion.  I wouldn't call it a traumatic evet, but a glorious one. 

Sorry if my answer does not concern this post, because I thought it did.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Ezra said:

I can find no where where there is a verse bringing evidence that the Ark of the Covenant was taken up to Heaven.  More than likely, the Ark of the Covenant was the bribe that won Constantine over with the assumption that having possession of it would bring him wealth like the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite (2 Samuel 6:11), and it is locked up in their vault.  Of course, I recognize there is no way to prove this yet; however, I believe it is important to be aware of the possibility that this might be pulled out of left field at some point to fulfill what scripture says about the great signs and wonders that will be performed by false Christs that have the potential to deceive the elect if possible (Matthew 24:24).  What better way to give the Antichrist credibility than to restore the Ark of the Covenant.  

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

20 hours ago, mevosper said:

The ark of the covenant was behind the veil. No one could access that until Christ's work on the cross, except for the one time per year in which the priest went in.

8 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

I can find no where where there is a verse bringing evidence that the Ark of the Covenant was taken up to Heaven.  More than likely, the Ark of the Covenant was the bribe that won Constantine over with the assumption that having possession of it would bring him wealth like the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite (2 Samuel 6:11), and it is locked up in their vault.  

There was no ark in the Second Temple. It disappeared from history by the time the First Temple was destroyed. Tradition says that Jeremiah hid it before the Babylonians got to it.

The heavenly Ark of the Covenant was the one the earthly ark was patterned upon. Heb. 8:5; Ex. 25:40

10 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

I can find no where where there is a verse bringing evidence that the Ark of the Covenant was taken up to Heaven.  

See Revelation 11:19 (already quoted above).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/21/2016 at 3:25 AM, Ezra said:

See Revelation 11:19 (already quoted above).

If there is an ark in heaven, it would be natural to see it if shown in vision, but as some have said, there is no text that says the ark on earth was taken to heaven and placed there. Parts of the heavenly sanctuary were seen in vision by people like Isaiah, and the furniture is identical to that on earth.

2 minutes ago, Kan said:

If there is an ark in heaven, it would be natural to see it if shown in vision, but as some have said, there is no text that says the ark on earth was taken to heaven and placed there. Parts of the heavenly sanctuary were seen in vision by people like Isaiah, and the furniture is identical to that on earth.

Do we really need a text to tell us when and how the Ark was taken up to Heaven?

If we understand that God brought judgement upon Judah for their sins, and a part of that judgement was the destruction of the Temple, then it follows that God would not allow the Ark to be desecrated, and it was taken up to Heaven unannounced. If you recall that a man (Uzzah) died for unlawfully touching the Ark, it follows that God would not allow the Ark to be desecrated by the Babylonians.

It looks like today Christians only believe something if it is stated explicitly. But there is a great deal of implicit teaching in the Bible. Thus we have Rev 11:19: And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.