• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

1 Timothy 4 v 1-2

4 But the [Holy] Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to deludingand seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach,

2 Through the hypocrisy and pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared (cauterized),

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition),

2 John 9-11

9 Anyone who runs on ahead [of God] and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ [who is not content with what He taught] does not have God; but he who continues to live in the doctrine (teaching) of Christ [does have God], he has both the Father and the Son.

10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine [is disloyal to what Jesus Christ taught], do not receive him [do not accept him, do not welcome or admit him] into [your] house or bid him Godspeed or give him any encouragement.

11 For he who wishes him success [who encourages him, wishing him Godspeed] is a partaker in his evil doings.

I believe the apostasy is here now, and that therefore the end is set to come about right now.  I also believe that if we make firm our resolve, especially in unity in the Word of God, we will stand firm and make it though to the very end.  For he who endures to the end will be saved.  

God have mercy on us, and be with us all.  Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

"Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him.

"For false christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

"Behold I have told you in advance" - Jesus,  Matthew. 24:23-25

"And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was departing, two men in white clothing stood beside them; and they also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven." Acts 1:10,11

• Group:  Royal Member

Amen, brother :)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, *Zion* said:

1 Timothy 4 v 1-2

4 But the [Holy] Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to deludingand seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach,

2 Through the hypocrisy and pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared (cauterized),

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition),

2 John 9-11

9 Anyone who runs on ahead [of God] and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ [who is not content with what He taught] does not have God; but he who continues to live in the doctrine (teaching) of Christ [does have God], he has both the Father and the Son.

10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine [is disloyal to what Jesus Christ taught], do not receive him [do not accept him, do not welcome or admit him] into [your] house or bid him Godspeed or give him any encouragement.

11 For he who wishes him success [who encourages him, wishing him Godspeed] is a partaker in his evil doings.

I believe the apostasy is here now, and that therefore the end is set to come about right now.  I also believe that if we make firm our resolve, especially in unity in the Word of God, we will stand firm and make it though to the very end.  For he who endures to the end will be saved.  

I agree that truth is being ignored and people are giving preference to what they want to hear, itchy ears and all and many are leaving the faith.  However, I think "the" apostasy will be clearly manifested when the "worship or die" ultimatum is issued and the great tribulation begins.

• “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.  At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.  Matthew 24:9-10

So while the effects of deception are leading people away from God and causing a measure of apostasy, "the apostasy" occurs during the great tribulation.

I agree, as it is before the end, because as it says above in 2 Thess the end won't come until the falling away.  This tribulation is already happening around the world, but will be kicked up a notch when the anti christ is revealed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366

3 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

I agree, as it is before the end, because as it says above in 2 Thess the end won't come until the falling away.  This tribulation is already happening around the world, but will be kicked up a notch when the anti christ is revealed.

But, that time wont come till the full number of the gentiles come in then the one that restrains is removed and God gives the world over to it deception?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

33 minutes ago, Last Daze said:
2 hours ago, *Zion* said:

I agree that truth is being ignored and people are giving preference to what they want to hear, itchy ears and all and many are leaving the faith.  However, I think "the" apostasy will be clearly manifested when the "worship or die" ultimatum is issued and the great tribulation begins.

• “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.  At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.  Matthew 24:9-10

So while the effects of deception are leading people away from God and causing a measure of apostasy, "the apostasy" occurs during the great tribulation.

I agree with both of you. In the Old Covenant, the apostasy began with the Jewish priesthood being corrupted with Hellenism by Antiochus Epiphanes, beginning in the latter 170s BC. It was right about 200 years later before the fullness of that apostasy played out, when Judas became the first Son of Perdition.

Likewise, in our day, the apostasy of the Church with worldliness dates well back in history. It will come to its fullness when the Latter-Day Son of Perdition comes on the scene.

2 Thes. 2:8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

Hi Reinitin:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-8

2 But relative to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and our gathering together to [meet] Him, we beg you, brethren,

2 Not to allow your minds to be quickly unsettled or disturbed or kept excited or alarmed, whether it be by some [pretended] revelation of [the] Spirit or by word or by letter [alleged to be] from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has [already] arrived and is here.

3 Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the [a]apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition),

4 Who opposes and exalts himself so proudly and insolently against and over all that is called God or that is worshiped, [even to his actually] taking his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming that he himself is God.

5 Do you not recollect that when I was still with you, I told you these things?

6 And now you know what is restraining him [from being revealed at this time]; it is so that he may be manifested (revealed) in his own [appointed] time.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness (that hidden principle of rebellion against constituted authority) is already at work in the world, [but it is] restrained only until [c]he who restrains is taken out of the way.

8 And then the lawless one (the antichrist) will be revealed and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of His mouth and bring him to an end by His appearing at His coming.

Where did you get that bit about the full number of Gentiles coming in?  I know it's in scripture somewhere, but this is the only one I found concerning it, but it does not mention the restrainer:

Romans 11:25-26

25 Lest you be self-opinionated (wise in your own conceits), I do not want you to miss this hidden truth and mystery, brethren: a hardening (insensibility) has [temporarily] befallen a part of Israel [to last] until the [a]full number of the ingathering of the Gentiles has come in,

26 And so all Israel will be saved. As it is written, The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will banish ungodliness from Jacob.

There is another interesting thread on here about the identity of the restrainer.  Is it the Holy Spirit?  Is it the church?

Anyhow, what I found interesting about it all, is this:

2 John 9-11

Those who bring this deception are simply not content with God's Word.  It's just not enough for them, they need to go outside of it and add to it to have it make sense to them.  I'm not talking confirmation of God's Word, I am talking adding to God's Word so it fits what you want it to believe because on its own, it's just simply not good enough to you.  That is very dangerous, and can be very subtle.  That's why we must be on guard.

We do not have perfect knowledge of God's Word, but we must seek to change in order to apply ourselves to it, not change it to apply to us.

Anyways that was all I was thinking about.  I don't think the restrainer has been taken out of the way yet, but I think we are at the doors of that happening.  The full number of the Gentiles could be a certain point in time given as a deadline, for all who seek salvation to fully find it and decide to be truly born again.  It could be that we need to reach a certain number and once we reach maximum quantity then God will move on with the plan.

Sorry for lengthy post, that's probably the longest one I've posted, lol :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,232
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

That which restrains evil is good and perfect gift

Lk 11:13

13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
KJV

Jas 1:17

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
KJV

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Reinitin said:

But, that time wont come till the full number of the gentiles come in then the one that restrains is removed and God gives the world over to it deception?

actually God himself sends this deception.