IGNORED

Is it wrong of a believer today , not to go to church ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

You bet about the other places.  Some of most precious fellowship I have had has been at what our church calls ISI,  Iron Sharpens Iron.  We have tons of fun and fellowship can be fun and in other places other then churches. I didn't want this to get into a a judging match.  And just so you know I am filled with the Holy Spirit.  Maybe I just need to bow out of this one. Sorry I upset you.

it is understandable, that even if I do not attend church , that it is not to tell everyone do not go, ?for there is some out there that needs to have people like you in the gathering to lead and help open there eyes, and if there is people willing to see you as the example and be saved by what you can do , then this is right for you, the bottom line on this topic is to know that many are not reading there bibles and are being spoon fed,

and as you grow in the word and follow scripture, then you see what is true and what is false teaching, and  as the days get closer, you and I need to be preaching the truth of the word, and not letting the evil one have his day or to scatter what is left of the sheep,

we are the called out ones, and we are to set a example in all that we do , how we live our lives , for there is always doors to be open,

so enjoy what you have, and continue in the word and in the faith , and not let any other , teach you the word, for we are to read and learn it for our selves, blessings to you , and thank you for your honesty, you do make a difference Rusty angel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Thank you SavedSinner.  I was misunderstood.  I just thought of that verse, but no it does not have to be a building.  As I said all kinds of places can be places of fellowship.  Thank you for understanding.  I cannot get to church as I don't drive anymore because of my hands.  I miss my church, and the fellowship and praise and worship that go along with it.  I have been praying that God will make a way for me to get back to church because I need that contact.  

Thank you again for your support.  I do try and make a difference, my hearts desire is to see people saved and drawn into fellowship in the body of Christ.  Nothing thrills me more then seeing someone saved and discovering the Love of Jesus.

Because He Lives!! RustyAngeL

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

32 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

You bet about the other places.  Some of most precious fellowship I have had has been at what our church calls ISI,  Iron Sharpens Iron.  We have tons of fun and fellowship can be fun and in other places other then churches. I didn't want this to get into a a judging match.  And just so you know I am filled with the Holy Spirit.  Maybe I just need to bow out of this one. Sorry I upset you.

Actually it was not you that I was speaking of....  I'm not sure how you got that idea....

People need to understand that God does not live in a Church Building......   he lives in us.....    and if when we go to church there is nothing there but a little music a prayer or two and a person telling you what the Bible says, then the people there either don't have the Holy Spirit, or they left him at home....   whichever the case it is a shame.....

People who are just visitors feel the Spirit within the people of my church.....   everyone who comes there says they can just feel the love for each other...

We have tons of things there two....     just a couple of weeks ago we had a lunch after the morning service to celebrate the 90th birthday of one of our dearest brothers.....    A church is not some place to go to listen to some preacher, it's a place to go be with Christians and fellowship and have fun and enjoy each others love......    and pray for everyone's needs when things go wrong.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Thank you SavedSinner.  I was misunderstood.  I just thought of that verse, but no it does not have to be a building.  As I said all kinds of places can be places of fellowship.  Thank you for understanding.  I cannot get to church as I don't drive anymore because of my hands.  I miss my church, and the fellowship and praise and worship that go along with it.  I have been praying that God will make a way for me to get back to church because I need that contact.  

Thank you again for your support.  I do try and make a difference, my hearts desire is to see people saved and drawn into fellowship in the body of Christ.  Nothing thrills me more then seeing someone saved and discovering the Love of Jesus.

Hi RustyAngel,

I do feel for you with difficulty regarding your hands. Mine is `strength.` However I know you are blessed by our Lord & you are such a blessing here on Worthy. We may not chat but we all read of each other & learn & pray for each other. These forums are like a `window` for us to even see in part what God is doing across the world, across His Body, in every life. He is doing what He said He would, building His `called out ones,` & we are coming to maturity in Him, individually & to the unity of faith, I believe.

For our group over here in Aussie land, we use the term `public meeting by an organisation,` instead of the word church, as it can cause division to just use `church` in relation to man`s organisations.

Blessings, Marilyn.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

A church doesn't have the power to save. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Vendtre said:

And I suppose you think that only happens in a building with the word "church" on the outside 

Oh heavens no......    he's with me at the donut shop, the barber shop, driving down the road, and even in the shower.....   saved my soul in the shower from two really ugly dark side entities in 1978....     I came into this world from my mother butt naked and I was spiritually born again into Gods family the in the same suit.

But if you are not experiencing the Spirit in church, you should either make sure you really are taking the Lord with you or change churches.   Don't just expect that He will show up.  We all corporately bring Him into the Building with each of us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

53 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

A church doesn't have the power to save. 

No.It is a building with 4 walls.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

you are welcome, and this is your assembly and mind, and all the others that are not able to get out, but communicate and to build each other up on this web site, for we are all learning , and sharing to help each other and to let the spirit with in us, come to full bloom,

so you are making a difference right here and right now, and we need more believers to share and help grow the true church which is the spirit filled people  ,the saints and the called out ones , to be that voice and that shoulder to lean on and to point the way to the father , and the Son, for they have done all what they can do , and now we need to take the word , and the gospel of the good news and preach it to the world, blessings to you rusty angel and mariyln, its always great to have harmony and love to reflect our God that loved us first,

so keep the faith and let the holy spirit lead.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe people don't like church rules and don't want to commit to it.  FREEDOM !  Yes!  Freedom...do it my way 

Sorry, there is rules and always will be, there is never any freedom in God's Kingdom to do it another way.

My rules could become self righteous. oops !

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

10 hours ago, Vendtre said:

I saw the big blue letters, but they do not claim what you seem to think they do.

The passage does not say my gathering together needs to be in a church or even with the same group all the time. 

There are many ways to gather and assemble that do not involve a church

Yes, actually, they do, pretty black and white to. Have you not noticed, how much of the new testament, is written to the church? The entire book of Acts, is about the history of the early church and how to set them up, most of Pauls and Peters letters were written to the church, for various reasons. The church, is an integral part of christianity. There is a reason God setup the church-and told us, not to forsake it. 

Don't get me wrong, the church is more then the building you attend every sunday-worthy, can be part of it. But, on the same note we cant forsake the local church. A online forums? its great for discussing ideas, but what can you really do other then share opinions and prayer requests? which are good, but the church is more then that. Sure, theres singing and preaching at churches, but if thats all you go for, well, I dont want to come off like attacking-but your what we like to call a pew warmer. Your missing the entire point of church. You might as well not go, because your not listening to what the preacher is saying anyway. Church is so much more then a hour long worship service every sunday. If you go, and don't put anything into it, then no, you will never get anything out of it. In fact, your as much forsaking that church sitting there in that pew, as you would be if you went out fishing. God doesnt call us to sit in a pew for a hour each sunday-He calls us to be world changers. He calls us to also be part of the church. The reason for both? Alone, you can do little, if not nothing. As a church body, you can do a lot. The church is fragmenting, because of apathy in our church, and because of people going of and thinking they can do their own thing, they can define what church is for them, they think that they can decide what Gods intent was, when He told us not to forsake the church.

Im sorry, but the bottom line is, the church is integral to Gods plan. The only valid reason to not go to church, is if there is not a single church that preaches even a remotly doctrinal message. That is it. There is no other reason. If there is a church in town, that teaches what the Bible teaches, even if you "hate" the music, or you don't thing "its very friendly" or "your not getting fed" then you are forsaking it by not going. Gods will is for us to be part of the church-otherwise it would not be featured so prominently in the NT. That is NOT up for us to decide. Sure, we can go and disobey Gods will-and still be christians-but not be in His will while doing so, and you will be largely innefective, in fact you will likely waste away your days trying to explain your self away on online forum boards. 

And guess what? theres always room for more church. If theres not a biblical church in your area, or you see a people group that the local churches arnt reaching, start your own church. That would be fantastic, theres nothing in scripture that forbids us from starting new churches, in fact its encouraged! Go start another! but if not, get involved with a local church. And I dont mean sit in a pew every sunday, pew warmers do no one any good. Go get involved. Join a bibly study, a ministry in the church, or start a new one, teach, feed the poor, there is so much you can do in the church, there is so much the church should be doing, but its not, because to many people would rather warm pews or not go at all. The Bible also has strong words about lukewarm christians. Stop being lukewarm, stop warming pews, get out there and serve.