• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/13/2016 at 0:43 AM, AliceJane said:

I'm not a new Christian by any means. I was raised in the faith and so maybe that's where I struggle. I feel like I've become apathetic and lazy in my devotion to God and I guess I was wondering how you all manage it? Like, how do I stop being apathetic and make my life revolve around Christ, like I know it should? Any suggestions? 

So I take it your a believer in Jesus.  A born again Christian?  I'm wondering why this was posted in Seekers Lounge because this is where people who are not Christians come to ask their questions.

OK so in answer to your question.  The real secret is to submit and surrender to Jesus daily, stay in the word and pray.  Keep yourself covered in Him and His Words. The Holy Spirit will start to quicken your spirit and build that fire.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

For me , it's totally get involved in relationships and talking about God, whether it is having a discussion with a mature Christian or engaging with someone I just met.

I have found that in doing that, something always pops up in the conversation that causes me to reflect later and in turn dig in to a conversation with God for answers. That may come in the form of prayer, studying his word looking for answers or meditating on the things I already know.

Edited by Mike 2

Guest BacKaran

My world opened up with a great study bible!

Do you have one?

Do you have a church family?

Ask a prayer request here and we will pray for you too!?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 3/13/2016 at 1:43 AM, AliceJane said:

I'm not a new Christian by any means. I was raised in the faith and so maybe that's where I struggle. I feel like I've become apathetic and lazy in my devotion to God and I guess I was wondering how you all manage it? Like, how do I stop being apathetic and make my life revolve around Christ, like I know it should? Any suggestions? 

I love this command in  Deuteronomy 11:18

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

It is very much applicable for us even today. The problem is, we detach God from our day to day life. Work is a very good example. We feel work is something of this world and does not have anything to do with our spiritual lives. And we spend 8 hours at work. Let's say we sleep 8 hours. We have now taken God out of 2/3rd of the day. The command was given by God just to avoid this. Word of God should be everywhere and should be part of everything in our lives. That's why people like putting Bible verses in office, kitchen, bedroom and so on. We should never be detached from God. We should allow God to be in every part of our life. Then automatically our life would start revolving around God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

This Thread is from March,just sayin...................

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:43 AM, AliceJane said:

Get out around the poor and rejected who have no hope in this place they are in.... that which is within you will know what to do and wahlah you will be engaged! The hardening aspect off sin is to be self centered and satisfied with the service to self... Love, Steven

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 1:43 AM, AliceJane said:

Christianity isn't about religion it's a relationship. If you we're raised in a Christian home without becoming a Christian it's not surprising that your devotional life is apathetic, it would actually surprising if it wasn't. You might try a little exercise, get into whatever prayer pose you accustomed to, bent knee, head bowed... Then focus on some time you can remember God got involved in your life. Thank him for the good things in your life. Then make your request, something like, God I've grown apathetic toward you how do we change this? This is the hard part, clear your mind, be still, wait and listen. Now I wouldn't expect an audible voice, a vision or an Angel appearing telling you the Lord has heard your prayer. If that happens do come back and share but what your doing is opening your heart to God with an invitation to start a spiritual discourse. It need not occupy a lot of your time, a few minutes should be enough.

Just one other thing, I don't believe God hears half hearted prayers so while you are still and waiting make sure he has your undivide attention.

God bless

Edited by thilipsis

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 3/12/2016 at 10:43 PM, AliceJane said:

Do not mistake grace or quite on God's part, for apathy on your part. Thank God you are uneventfully comfortable enough to feel the way you do. Better that, than being desperate and in need.