• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Manuel.,

Do you never see a doctor when you are sick or your family?

God did give us doctors and He is working through them just as He is using Christians to spread the Light!

We are all born in sin and we will never be sinless until we are in heaven.

Do you never take a tylenol or cold medication?

What is if you see somebody who can't breathe?

Would you phone 911?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Christian Science religion does not believe in physicians.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

19 hours ago, Cletus said:

Luke, as in the fella who wrote the third book in the New Testament was a doctor. 

When I was homeless my Appendix went bad on me, became toxic and ruptured.  It spilled out in my insides and I got gangrene.  Now I didnt know this at the time I just knew I had something bad going on besides a lot of pain.  I hadnt eaten in three days when the pain got very very bad.  i decided to lay down in a house i was squatting in and heal up.  then after laying there for three days I got a bad fever and the pain became so bad it hurt to breathe.  On the third day, thats six days with no food, i vomited and the double cheese burgers from mickey D's were not digested in the least.  My guts had shut down and I was dying.  About one hour later I heard a voice.  I knew upon hearing this voice it was not God but one sent from God.  It said sternly, "get up, get up if you want to live."  So I forced myself to get up and waddle across the street to the neighbors house to call the ambulance.  Best surgeon in town just happen to be at the hospital and not to busy at that time.  They did the ultrasound thing on me once at the hospital and the nurse said oh no, this is not good oh my God, this is bad.  Get the doctor in here now.  they rushed me into surgery and a few days after I woke up the doc came in and told me if I had not made it up there in another hour I would have died.  I stayed in the hospital for one month after they did key hole surgery on me removing a good bit of my insides. 

It is foolish to think just because Jesus is The Great Physician that other doctors are to be shunned.  Doctors are such an asset to society.  Having said that, this is the world and darkness is everywhere.  And yes sometimes doctors and nurses drop the ball, but they are people too and far from being perfect.  As far as whats being allowed these days for side effects, well lets just say times have changed.  Thats in nearly every business and every profession.  However the common goal is to heal in the discussed industries.  Sometimes it dont work out that way, and it is a travesty. 

as far as mental stuff, i have PTSD.  I can say God has helped as well as medication.  They dont really make medication for it but I got medicine for some of the symptoms and oddly enough they prescribed me a seizure medication that did something to the frontal lobe of my brain, gave me a different perspective, and with prayer and Gods help I have come to the place in life where I dont have such a hard time getting along with others, holding down a job, controlling anger, etc. 

Just because there are some sad stories out there dont mean all of them are. 

Praise God Cletus that you are still with us.  That doctor was a gift from God.  Both your faith, God and that doctor, hospital, saved your life.  He is an awesome God!

Guest Thallasa
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, Ezra said:

"Christian psychologist" is an oxymoron since psychology is rooted in humanistic thinking. According to Scripture, all human problems are essentially spiritual issues.

Yes, but since many christians including parents cause serious problems to their children ,and very few pastors have the time, or the skills to really listen , then it is not all diabolical .  Finally only God can cure entirely ,but sometimes we do need a human ear and heart, to comfort . In fact christians were the worse of all . Yes indeed getting better they are,  and about time too.

Guest Thallasa
12 hours ago, Cletus said:

Oh no, my faith had zero to do with it.  I didnt know God then.  It was all Him.  For some reason He has kept me alive countless times.  But i know because i know because i know He set it all up.  God is good. 

I have a whole bunch of stories about nearly coming to my end, He just aint ready for me to come home yet. 

Well you make a good witness , Cletus,and I hope He has much m:6:re for you, our Dear Lord ,  to do .

13 hours ago, Cletus said:

Oh no, my faith had zero to do with it.  I didnt know God then.  It was all Him.  For some reason He has kept me alive countless times.  But i know because i know because i know He set it all up.  God is good. 

I have a whole bunch of stories about nearly coming to my end, He just aint ready for me to come home yet. 

I would hope    that maybe you would share some.  I love hearing how God just draws people in.  God Bless brother!   RustyAngeL

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

The problem with medicine that I think we struggle so much with in the church is that it is such a gray area at times.  It is good so it would be a lie to say it is bad.  But, it can be bad so it is bad for a Christian to say something is bad if it is also good.  

From my experience, most of the bad regarding modern medicine comes from the economics of healthcare rather than the practice.  The awful truth is that someone has to pay for healthcare and often the people who use healthcare are not able to pay for it.  If we look at the history of the field, we can see how this phenomenon played out.  Doctors and nurses were not always high paying jobs, so what changed?  Did sick people become able to pay for their healthcare?  No, more often than not hospitals and research facilities are largely funded through donations.  Therefore, you could say that in some respects, it is these people who really own the healthcare industry, not the patients.  

So, there is nothing wrong with a mechanism to understand and correct a low potassium.  There is nothing wrong with using a machine that will monitor your heart rhythm.  The problem with healthcare is that you need to perform EKG to pay for healthcare.  Approximately, two EKG's an hour will pay for one 12-hour RN shift.  An EKG machine is a great asset to a medical institution because with one machine you can do plenty of EKG's only replacing the pads they attach to the patient.  Having a EKG machine that is paid off is like owning your car for a hospital.  They are just practically used for free and they can make a lot of money.  

I have heard of a hospital opening an outpatient surgery center for the same reason.  They can use the equipment over and over again and make lots of money doing procedures that they will not have to pay a large staff to continue taking care of afterward, because these people cost lots of money.  The equipment doesn't need a paycheck to pay their rent or buy their food.  

This, then creates a cycle where the healthcare institution needs sickness as much as it wants to provide services for people to be well.  

I do believe that most people in healthcare are doing the best they can with what they know to do.  However, to give these people more freedom to do what many of them want to do, which is help people, healthcare needs an economic solution more than a medical breakthrough.  They need an alternative way to pay for services that doesn't depend on the patient.  This would give them more opportunity to heal people rather than treat chronic conditions.  

To do this, hospitals should independently find other ways to invest like a small business.  This would allow them to be more independent of a federal healthcare system.  With more independence, comes more creativity, comes more solutions to the problems that ail their communities.  

Hospitals need other streams of income; however, it would interesting to see what sort of push back there would be to gaining economic freedom in the healthcare community.  I do think somewhere in this system, the Devil sees all of this, and he does like the reality of a cycle that depends on sickness to support itself.  He might get upset if the system underwent an economic face lift.  But, it would also be the only way to, "smoke the monster out," (Alice in Wonderland), so that people can be healed.     

On 3/12/2016 at 1:58 PM, Reinitin said:

Just like every profession. Some practice for money, some practice for boasting, some just practice evil. But, a child of God does all thing for the glory of God even if his vocation is medicine or pharma.

Amen.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you all for your thoughts.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In James chapter 2 James in his epistle teaches the classic doctrine of faith without works he dead. He gave a similar situation and said that if someone is starving and you pray for them to be fed but don't fulfill the actual need, then your prayer is in vain. So if someone is ill or hurt or dying, and you pray for them to get better but don't actually help then your faith is dead. You show your faith by acting, because God doesn't just do the work for you all the time, he wants you to learn and grow and gain the same happiness and character he does. Just like parents here on earth, God is there to guide and direct us and be there just in case. He's always there and always will be, but he loves us so he wants us to reach the happiness he's received and the character he received, that's how much he loves us. Faith is a principle of action, all people have faith including people who have other faith's or no faith. If I have faith that I am going to get my degree, then I try to make that happen. If I am eating food without realizing it I am probably acting in faith that it's going to fulfill my need even if I haven't seen the future. God is still helping me, but he isn't doing it for me. And yes if he wills it e can bring people back from the dead or do it all for us, but that is more rare than common. Faith and action go hand in hand, in other words, action is how you exercise faith. You can also gain faith in certain principles such as humility, or marriage, or prayer. You can test out praying, then as you feel the spirit, your faith increases, so you pray more and more and more until you have a burning testimony of the principle of faith. Much of the doctrine of faith is thought of passive and without evidence, but that's far from what faith really is. Many are confused about different questions like this, so that's why God calls prophets and apostles in our day to clarify these things. God is the same always so that's why my church believes that in the 1800's God restored his church again in its original form because he loves us.