IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, that was a long 30 minutes trying not to be distracted.   Someone later was giving me hard time about it.  They asked if I didn't like the female physique.  I said, "Of course I like it.  That's the problem.  That's why it was so distracting."   LOL

At least you're honest, Shiloh.  And I'm sure God noticed that you tried.  :D

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

19 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

At least you're honest, Shiloh.  And I'm sure God noticed that you tried.  :D

And women know that. You know that saying that many women say "If you've go it flaunt it".

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I have a question. For those of you who think that you must put on your very best clothes when you go to church because you are coming before God. Do you also need to dress up when you go to pray before God outside the church? Even if it is in your own home?  God is everywhere. We can come before God at anytime in any place. There for the way I see it, people who say they dress up for church because they are coming before God. Would also need to dress up when they pray to God in their own homes or where ever else they are. God does not live in the church. He lives inside our hearts.

I don't want to tell people what they should and shouldn't do. I just want them to think.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

44 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I have a question. For those of you who think that you must put on your very best clothes when you go to church because you are coming before God. Do you also need to dress up when you go to pray before God outside the church? Even if it is in your own home?  God is everywhere. We can come before God at anytime in any place. There for the way I see it, people who say they dress up for church because they are coming before God. Would also need to dress up when they pray to God in their own homes or where ever else they are. God does not live in the church. He lives inside our hearts.

I don't want to tell people what they should and shouldn't do. I just want them to think.

Amen Kay,we always have to be aware that nothing is hidden from God,He alone knows our motives of why we do things in a certain way and if we don't do things  for Him but unto man? All our works will be filthy rags ~~

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The church I attend highly recommends coat and tie for men, knee length (or longer) dress or skirt with modest blouse for women. I wear coat and tie only in my home church because it's mandatory for orchestra members. In other churches of my denomination, where I don't have to play, I wear dress pants, collared shirt (no tie), a pullover (in cold weather) and leather shoes. 

I once sent a letter to the head bishop questioning our dress code, and his answer (by phone) was: "If you go before a judge you have to put on coat and tie, and God is much more than a judge". I then argued that judges look at the outward appearance and God looks at the heart. The head bishop then gave me several other reasons to wear coat and tie and I decided to stop arguing.

I don't think that the coat and tie code brings any spiritual benefit for the church. It's just a quick way to show that "you've been converted". In my first years as a church member some brothers thought I was not completely converted because I never wore coat and tie. Many brothers think they are pleasing God when they face hot weather, sweating all over the body.

Anyway, dress code is important - we can't go to a wedding wearing tank top and flip flops. But, the coat and tie code is extreme and unnecessary. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

On 4/7/2016 at 2:39 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brothers & Sisters......

My question may not be for everyone,,,,,,,this Topic has been discussed many times before ,some people hold fast to the customary,traditional mindset that ladies wear dresses to church & men wear suits,these folks probably have a separate wardrobe reserved as "Church Clothes" & they are not the best candidates for this imaginary situation,,,,,,,,There a group of individuals that believe that God does not look at outward appearance & He sees a persons heart,they feel their apparel is irrelevant & some of them will be sure to wear a clean shirt & neat jeans while the rest will throw anything on,,,,,,my question is for them........

Okay,so you don't believe in "dressing up" for church and you go to a church were the Pastor wears jeans & a T-shirt,,,,,people dress however they want and you are happy as a clam because you love God,you love your Pastor,you love your Church and you love the service,,,,,,wouldn't change a thing,,,,,,,,,every Sunday you leave church filled with the Word of God,,,,,,,,,,,Now the Pastor announces,,,,,We have put a "dress code" in place,,,,,,,,,men must wear suits & ladies must wear dresses! If you cannot afford it we will give you a gift certificate to help........What would you do? Would you leave or stay?.............Just curious.............

The reason I ask is because as I see the "dress code" at church has slipped away into oblivion I do believe I see more people in attendance that may not have been there if they had to "dress up",,,,,,I wonder if being "uncomfortable" for an hour or two would prevent some people from going to the Church they say they love everything about? Well,let's see what the majority is and who has the best answer........

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,,,,,,,,,I don't know that I am supposed to answer,,,,,,,I am one of those people that do "dress up" for church no matter where I go and no matter what anyone else does,,,,,,,,,keep in mind,the question really is not about what you prefer but "What would you do?"...........

i wouldnt leave no but i would question why as dresses make me uncomfortable im a black trousers or any bottoms that make me comfortable with a really nice top usually a polo shirt 

On 6/28/2016 at 6:22 PM, Marcelo Brüderlein said:

The church I attend highly recommends coat and tie for men, knee length (or longer) dress or skirt with modest blouse for women. I wear coat and tie only in my home church because it's mandatory for orchestra members. In other churches of my denomination, where I don't have to play, I wear dress pants, collared shirt (no tie), a pullover (in cold weather) and leather shoes. 

I once sent a letter to the head bishop questioning our dress code, and his answer (by phone) was: "If you go before a judge you have to put on coat and tie, and God is much more than a judge". I then argued that judges look at the outward appearance and God looks at the heart. The head bishop then gave me several other reasons to wear coat and tie and I decided to stop arguing.

I don't think that the coat and tie code brings any spiritual benefit for the church. It's just a quick way to show that "you've been converted". In my first years as a church member some brothers thought I was not completely converted because I never wore coat and tie. Many brothers think they are pleasing God when they face hot weather, sweating all over the body.

Anyway, dress code is important - we can't go to a wedding wearing tank top and flip flops. But, the coat and tie code is extreme and unnecessary. 

Yes; if you bring a willing heart before Him you are doing the right thing.  You wear certain clothes to please man but God is okay with you doing that too if your focus is on HIM and not other people.  And welcome to Worthy, Marcelo!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes; if you bring a willing heart before Him you are doing the right thing.  You wear certain clothes to please man but God is okay with you doing that too if your focus is on HIM and not other people.  And welcome to Worthy, Marcelo!

Thank you, Morning Glory!

... and I believe I wouldn't be doing a good job for the cause of Christ if I wore coat and tie to every church service. Total adherence to a dress code makes the church look like a cult and scares away outsiders. Thank God I'm not alone in this battle.

5 minutes ago, Marcelo Brüderlein said:

Thank you, Morning Glory!

... and I believe I wouldn't be doing a good job for the cause of Christ if I wore coat and tie to every church service. Total adherence to a dress code makes the church look like a cult and scares away outsiders. Thank God I'm not alone in this battle.

:)  Believe me, you're not alone.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I have never much thought about what I wear to church. Anywhere I ever went, I doubt I was the best dressed or the worse dressed person there, nor would I want to be. 

God looks on the inside, people on the outside, therefore, when we dress up, we dress up for each other, not for God. Otherwise, we would always dress our best, since He see us no matter where we are, not just at church!

If we dress our very best, maybe that will make someone feel badly, because they cannot equal your appearance. If you dress very poorly, then you temp people to judge you, thinking you disrespectful, maybe you are just poor or have an underdeveloped sense of fashion.

Local custom and culture has something to do with it perhaps, that is why I think it is a good bet, to just aim for the middle, blend in without drawing attention to yourself.

If you are not sure, you can always split the difference!

31shorts-600.jpg

James2:2 For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes, 3 and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, “You sit here in a good place,” and you say to the poor man, “You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool,” 4 have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives? 5 Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor man.

1 Tim 2:9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

If you really want to follow a Godly example, you can always wear a garment made of Camel's hair!