• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, JNMRR said:

Well yes he has blamed me for his health problems sometimes but it's not about that.

I myself want to marry him so he is not forcing me. 

JNMMR,

I believe the posters in this thread are sincerely concerned for you.  They have shared the truth of God's Word that believers are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. (2 Corinthians 6:14) You know that you will be in sin if you decide to marry this man.  As I said in my first response in this thread -- now you have to make a choice.  Are you going to obey God, or willfully choose to disobey? 

This will be my last response in this thread, but I want to leave you with some verses to think about. 

"Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve  Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord, if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord,  choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.  The people answered and said, 'Far be it from us that we should forsake the Lord to serve other gods.' "  Joshua 24:14-16  (bolding is mine)

Who are you going to serve, JNMMR?  I will continue to pray for you.  :th_wave:

Edited by RedwoodLady

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings JMNRR

Yes. I'm happy to hear you trust me, and how you have been friendly and loving in your responses.        posted by JMNRR

It is my good pleasure & I am grateful to God to have this opportunity to talk with you,AND to pray for you,,,,,,,,,,you have been sweet & kind as well and I do love you Sister                                   All Glory to God                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

I do not know anything about Islam. So I am not going to comment anything on it. I am going to show you our Lord's answers to your question.

36. "A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37.“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. - Matthew 10: 36-38.

If you get married to this Muslim man and truly follow Christianity, your house will turn against you. Christ himself told this. If you have an alternate way, why do you want to take risk and try to compromise your faith?

Let Jesus and his words be your no.1 priority. Leave your life and your future in God's hands. Following Christ is not a walk in the bed of roses. The path to Christ is narrow one and is filled with thorns and sharp stones. If you wish to follow him, you have to go through it no matter what. There is no other way to reach Christ.

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” - Matthew 19:21.

In other words, you have to leave everything that gives you comfort to follow God. Being with the man you love is a comfort. But you must leave everything that stays between you and God. All these comforts are nothing but distractions. This man is your weakness. If he is your strength, you would not ask this question in the first place. Jesus is our only strength.

No love is greater than Jesus' love. Your love for him, his love for you can never be compared with God's love. God gave his only son for our salvation. Can't you give up your love for such a loving father? Can you give your life for your boyfriend? Can he give his life for you? Even if you both can, can you both save yourself from being doomed to hell? Jesus asks you to give your worldly pleasures and love for being with him in heaven ultimately.

If you have seen my post, i have asked a similar question. I was in similar dilemma. I love a Hindu guy. He is a great person. I love his character. He would be broken, if I leave him. I could never think of hurting him. I could not imagine not talking to him. He was the first person I talked to when I wake up and he was the last person when I go to sleep. He was my world. I was so much in love with him. It was impossible to leave him.

For more than a month, whenever I pray, God asked me to leave him. But I do not want to hurt him. So I fought with God. I prayed to God to make him accept Christ. I also had another thought in my mind. If he becomes christian, we can marry each other. You see, religion was the reason we could not marry each other. I pestered God with my prayers. But every time, God wanted me to leave him. At first I believed God was there to solve all our problems. To change our lives like we wanted. In other words, like a magic wand. It is against the submission and faith. When I realized it, I changed the way, I pray. I prayed to him to give me the heart to accept anything he gives me. God wanted me to leave him. I have searched lots and lots and websites for the answers. I have asked the same question here. Though I received the answers, I hesitated.

It was not only because of love, he was also the reason. We promised each other that we would never leave each other till the death. So I don't want to break the promise. Moreover, he has so many problems in his life right now. He told me that he forgot how to be happy. He was crying. He told me to not add problems to his already problematic life. So I did not want to hurt him. I could not see him broken. Though all the above mentioned verses and the statements seemed right, this guy was also important to me. So I had an internal battle. Should I leave him or not?

Today, I read this thread from the beginning till the end. I was enlightened. Even if I am with him till the end, he could never be happy. He never was. Only God can give him the real happiness. I can only pray for him. He was a distraction to my spiritual growth. I was always worried of him. I could not concentrate on God. If God wanted me to leave him, he has a purpose. So I prayed to God and submitted my life and his life into his hands. I sent him an email explaining why I am leaving him and blocked his number. He would be so much worried now. He would cry. He might even hate me. I would be seen a selfish girl to his eyes. He will not understand me. I might seem crazy and my reasons would seem absurd to him. I can imagine all sort of things. But I do not care. You know what I am going to do? I cannot forget him just because I cut off this relationship. I will think about him every second of my life. As I do not have any contact with him, I am worried what he will be his reactions to my mail.  So I am going to pray for him, for his salvation more now. I have faith in the lord that he would do great things in my life and his life. When I was talking to that guy, I did not pray for him very much. But now I have no other option. So I am going to devote my time praying for him. I will also grow in God.

When I prayed to God about him, I was shown this verse.

15. But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

16. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”  - Acts 9: 15, 16

God has a greater plan for him. He is chosen instrument of God. So I need not worry about him. God will take care of him because he loves him more than me. God created everyone for a purpose. He has a purpose, for the guy I love, for the guy you love and for you. So Give your life into his hands and do not worry about your man. Pray for him every second. God will take care of him. Pray for his salvation more than being married to him. Your love should not be a worldly one. Your man should see God's love in you. He must not be attracted to you. Instead, he must be attracted to the God dwelling in you.

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; - 1 Corinthians 6: 19.

Let your thoughts fill with God's words instead of worldly sorrows.

As the guy, I left, is in problems right now, I should be a supportive one to him. I should talk to him about God and show him God's love. I should guide him in God's ways but I did not know why God wanted me to leave him in his crisis. Sometimes you cannot understand God's ways. But do not loose faith and take that huge step.

When Job was tested by Satan, only God knew the reason. Till the end, Job did not know it. He was tested, his life was restored. But the reason was never revealed to him. Job did not question God. Instead he remained faithful to God even when his life turned bitter. So do not question God and doubt him, but be faithful and humble.

Though Abraham, Issac, Jacob were promised that God would give the Canaan to his children, they did not witness it their whole lives. Nevertheless, they never questioned God and remained faithful to him. We should not expect rewards and we must cultivate the virtue of patience. His love and his salvation are the greatest assets for us.

If you can love a human this much, you are capable to love God more than that. When you love Jesus more than anything in this world, then your heart will yearn to leave everything for God. Just like we fall in love with human by daily talking to him, we must talk to God by praying and reading his words and asking the Holy Spirit to fill us.

16. And I will beg the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever,

17. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. - John 14: 16, 17.

However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come. - John 16: 13.

You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
- Romans 8: 9.

The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2: 14.

And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught. - 1 John 2: 27.

Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in him. And by this we know that He remains in us: by the Spirit He has given us.  - 1 John 3: 24.

We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. That is how we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of deception. - 1 John 4: 6.

If Spirit of God is in you, following God will not be a difficult one to you. During our tribulations, he will be there comforting us and showing us the right path. He help us to love God more and more. Do not take decision on your own because

He is double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. - James 1: 8.

So seek God to show his ways when you cannot understand him.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives you liberally and without reproach and it will be given to him. - James 1: 5.

Do not let your desires to control you because we are no more old men, we are newly born in Christ so we seek to be with him. Our eyes should be set on him and not on this world.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Luke 12: 34.

Our treasure should be our Lord and not the world. But if you let yourself be controlled by your desires,

14. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

15. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full grown, brings forth death.

16. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. - James 1: 14 - 16.

When your life becomes miserable because you did not try to change our heart, you should not blame God.

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. - James 1: 13.

So tell him the reasons why you cannot marry him and leave him immediately. Everyone here tells you the same thing. If so many people tells the same thing, there is truth in it. Give it a thought and pray to God and ask him to guide you. God never gives something less than the perfection for his loving children.

Issac and Jacob did not marry Canaanites but they marry the girls chosen by their parents and God blessed them. Their descendants are the chosen ones. They waited till their age of forty. They did not set their eyes on the worldly women but on God. Issac met Rebekah when he was meditating in the field. He met his wife when he was praying to God. So he was a blessed man. We call our God as God of Issac.

But look at their brothers. Ishmael and Esau married the women they liked and ignored God's words. So they were not spiritually blessed men. We never associate our God to them.

He will do everything at the right time. We must learn to wait till it arrives.

And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption. - Ephesians 4: 30.

Do not sorrow God and his Holy Spirit. Meditate on his words day and night.

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. - Psalm 119: 105.

2. But his delight is the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.

3. He shall be like a tree, planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season Whose leaf also shall not whither; And whatever he does shall prosper. - Psalm 1: 2,3.

because,

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. - John 15:7.

These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. - Acts 17: 11.

Devote your time for God instead for man and he will lead you in the right path. Do not be tempted, my dear sister. There is no short cuts to reach Jesus and God will not compromise his words.

Hope his Holy Spirit clear your doubts. Take care. :)

Edited by Warrior of Jesus

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

3 hours ago, Warrior of Jesus said:

I do not know anything about Islam. So I am not going to comment anything on it. I am going to show you our Lord's answers to your question.

36. "A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37.“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. - Matthew 10: 36-38.

If you get married to this Muslim man and truly follow Christianity, your house will turn against you. Christ himself told this. If you have an alternate way, why do you want to take risk and try to compromise your faith?

Let Jesus and his words be your no.1 priority. Leave your life and your future in God's hands. Following Christ is not a walk in the bed of roses. The path to Christ is narrow one and is filled with thorns and sharp stones. If you wish to follow him, you have to go through it no matter what. There is no other way to reach Christ.

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” - Matthew 19:21.

In other words, you have to leave everything that gives you comfort to follow God. Being with the man you love is a comfort. But you must leave everything that stays between you and God. All these comforts are nothing but distractions. This man is your weakness. If he is your strength, you would not ask this question in the first place. Jesus is our only strength.

No love is greater than Jesus' love. Your love for him, his love for you can never be compared with God's love. God gave his only son for our salvation. Can't you give up your love for such a loving father? Can you give your life for your boyfriend? Can he give his life for you? Even if you both can, can you both save yourself from being doomed to hell? Jesus asks you to give your worldly pleasures and love for being with him in heaven ultimately.

If you have seen my post, i have asked a similar question. I was in similar dilemma. I love a Hindu guy. He is a great person. I love his character. He would be broken, if I leave him. I could never think of hurting him. I could not imagine not talking to him. He was the first person I talked to when I wake up and he was the last person when I go to sleep. He was my world. I was so much in love with him. It was impossible to leave him.

For more than a month, whenever I pray, God asked me to leave him. But I do not want to hurt him. So I fought with God. I prayed to God to make him accept Christ. I also had another thought in my mind. If he becomes christian, we can marry each other. You see, religion was the reason we could not marry each other. I pestered God with my prayers. But every time, God wanted me to leave him. At first I believed God was there to solve all our problems. To change our lives like we wanted. In other words, like a magic wand. It is against the submission and faith. When I realized it, I changed the way, I pray. I prayed to him to give me the heart to accept anything he gives me. God wanted me to leave him. I have searched lots and lots and websites for the answers. I have asked the same question here. Though I received the answers, I hesitated.

It was not only because of love, he was also the reason. We promised each other that we would never leave each other till the death. So I don't want to break the promise. Moreover, he has so many problems in his life right now. He told me that he forgot how to be happy. He was crying. He told me to not add problems to his already problematic life. So I did not want to hurt him. I could not see him broken. Though all the above mentioned verses and the statements seemed right, this guy was also important to me. So I had an internal battle. Should I leave him or not?

Today, I read this thread from the beginning till the end. I was enlightened. Even if I am with him till the end, he could never be happy. He never was. Only God can give him the real happiness. I can only pray for him. He was a distraction to my spiritual growth. I was always worried of him. I could not concentrate on God. If God wanted me to leave him, he has a purpose. So I prayed to God and submitted my life and his life into his hands. I sent him an email explaining why I am leaving him and blocked his number. He would be so much worried now. He would cry. He might even hate me. I would be seen a selfish girl to his eyes. He will not understand me. I might seem crazy and my reasons would seem absurd to him. I can imagine all sort of things. But I do not care. You know what I am going to do? I cannot forget him just because I cut off this relationship. I will think about him every second of my life. As I do not have any contact with him, I am worried what he will be his reactions to my mail.  So I am going to pray for him, for his salvation more now. I have faith in the lord that he would do great things in my life and his life. When I was talking to that guy, I did not pray for him very much. But now I have no other option. So I am going to devote my time praying for him. I will also grow in God.

When I prayed to God about him, I was shown this verse.

15. But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

16. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”  - Acts 9: 15, 16

God has a greater plan for him. He is chosen instrument of God. So I need not worry about him. God will take care of him because he loves him more than me. God created everyone for a purpose. He has a purpose, for the guy I love, for the guy you love and for you. So Give your life into his hands and do not worry about your man. Pray for him every second. God will take care of him. Pray for his salvation more than being married to him. Your love should not be a worldly one. Your man should see God's love in you. He must not be attracted to you. Instead, he must be attracted to the God dwelling in you.

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; - 1 Corinthians 6: 19.

Let your thoughts fill with God's words instead of worldly sorrows.

As the guy, I left, is in problems right now, I should be a supportive one to him. I should talk to him about God and show him God's love. I should guide him in God's ways but I did not know why God wanted me to leave him in his crisis. Sometimes you cannot understand God's ways. But do not loose faith and take that huge step.

When Job was tested by Satan, only God knew the reason. Till the end, Job did not know it. He was tested, his life was restored. But the reason was never revealed to him. Job did not question God. Instead he remained faithful to God even when his life turned bitter. So do not question God and doubt him, but be faithful and humble.

Though Abraham, Issac, Jacob were promised that God would give the Canaan to his children, they did not witness it their whole lives. Nevertheless, they never questioned God and remained faithful to him. We should not expect rewards and we must cultivate the virtue of patience. His love and his salvation are the greatest assets for us.

If you can love a human this much, you are capable to love God more than that. When you love Jesus more than anything in this world, then your heart will yearn to leave everything for God. Just like we fall in love with human by daily talking to him, we must talk to God by praying and reading his words and asking the Holy Spirit to fill us.

16. And I will beg the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever,

17. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. - John 14: 16, 17.

However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come. - John 16: 13.

You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
- Romans 8: 9.

The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2: 14.

And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught. - 1 John 2: 27.

Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in him. And by this we know that He remains in us: by the Spirit He has given us.  - 1 John 3: 24.

We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. That is how we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of deception. - 1 John 4: 6.

If Spirit of God is in you, following God will not be a difficult one to you. During our tribulations, he will be there comforting us and showing us the right path. He help us to love God more and more. Do not take decision on your own because

He is double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. - James 1: 8.

So seek God to show his ways when you cannot understand him.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives you liberally and without reproach and it will be given to him. - James 1: 5.

Do not let your desires to control you because we are no more old men, we are newly born in Christ so we seek to be with him. Our eyes should be set on him and not on this world.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Luke 12: 34.

Our treasure should be our Lord and not the world. But if you let yourself be controlled by your desires,

14. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

15. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full grown, brings forth death.

16. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. - James 1: 14 - 16.

When your life becomes miserable because you did not try to change our heart, you should not blame God.

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. - James 1: 13.

So tell him the reasons why you cannot marry him and leave him immediately. Everyone here tells you the same thing. If so many people tells the same thing, there is truth in it. Give it a thought and pray to God and ask him to guide you. God never gives something less than the perfection for his loving children.

Issac and Jacob did not marry Canaanites but they marry the girls chosen by their parents and God blessed them. Their descendants are the chosen ones. They waited till their age of forty. They did not set their eyes on the worldly women but on God. Issac met Rebekah when he was meditating in the field. He met his wife when he was praying to God. So he was a blessed man. We call our God as God of Issac.

But look at their brothers. Ishmael and Esau married the women they liked and ignored God's words. So they were not spiritually blessed men. We never associate our God to them.

He will do everything at the right time. We must learn to wait till it arrives.

And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption. - Ephesians 4: 30.

Do not sorrow God and his Holy Spirit. Meditate on his words day and night.

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. - Psalm 119: 105.

2. But his delight is the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.

3. He shall be like a tree, planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season Whose leaf also shall not whither; And whatever he does shall prosper. - Psalm 1: 2,3.

because,

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. - John 15:7.

These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. - Acts 17: 11.

Devote your time for God instead for man and he will lead you in the right path. Do not be tempted, my dear sister. There is no short cuts to reach Jesus and God will not compromise his words.

Hope his Holy Spirit clear your doubts. Take care. :)

Thank your for this long message and thank you for telling me your story :)

But i start feel like people are dooming me to hell if i marry this man? Like if i marry him i can not go to heaven just because i disobeyed god? 

I do ask forgiveness from my sins and wish not to repeat them asking god to give me strength but this is another issue. 

I would not marry him any soon though. It would be after 2 or even 5 years from this so i have a lot time to consider everything.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

No, hon. Just because you're willingly choosing to disobey God in this doesn't mean you're going to hell. It simply means you're going to experience hell on earth until your husband's religion forces you to either recant your Christianity, or die.

I sure hope this dude is worth it. Once you tie the knot, your time on this planet won't be worth a bucket of warm spit.

Enjoy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Warrior,,,,

That was the one of the first Scriptures I posted to JMNRR.......

Matthew 10:37

And I think it is pretty clear that no one is dooming her to hell,,,,,,,

No, hon. Just because you're willingly choosing to disobey God in this doesn't mean you're going to hell. It simply means you're going to experience hell on earth until your husband's religion forces you to either recant your Christianity, or die.

I sure hope this dude is worth it. Once you tie the knot, your time on this planet won't be worth a bucket of warm spit.

Enjoy.                                                                                                                       posted by John Robinson

There has been nothing but confirmation,confirmation & confirmation here,,,,,,,,,,,,the choice is hers,the right decision is clear & irrefutable,it is Gods Word

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

No one is dooming you to hell but the marriage to unfaithful man can never be a cake walk. Living in a country where Christianity is considered a minority religion, I know how difficult it is to be a Christian. I never had a true christian friend in my life. All my friends are Hindus. They accept me for who I am. They are great people and have great character but I cannot turn to them when I needed advice regarding my life. They can offer worldly advice not a right one in Spirit. So imagine the married life. Even if you have great married life, there will always be emptiness in your heart. You will yearn for spiritual companion, but you will never have one because your husband is Muslim. That is equal to hell.

When my parents married, my mom was Christian and my dad was Hindu. It was an arranged marriage. My grandpa liked my dad's character so he arranged for the marriage. My mom did not want to disobey my grandpa. So she agreed to marry my dad. Their marriage did not happen in church like my mom always dreamed of. My dad would allow my mom, my brother and me to go to church but he would not enter it. My dad used to worship Hindu idols daily in the morning. He would also make us to worship them. We were children then so we did not know the difference. My mom hated it very much. Though she loved my dad, she always wished she had married a Christian one. It was the same case for my dad. They made a lot of spiritual sacrifices for the marriage to run smooth.

Miraculously he understood the real god and accepted Christ as his savior and he is an evangelist now.

But it is not the same case for my aunt. When they both married, they were Hindus. My aunt became Christian but my uncle is not okay with it. He does not allow her and their children to go to church. He beats them and locks the door whenever they try to go to church. There always fight a lot because of religion. He did not even allow my sister to stay in our house because we are Christians. They cry a lot whenever we meet them. They could not grow in Christ like they want. I know personally lot of families like these. They could not do anything but to cry to God.

If my dad did not become Christian, I would be following both religions which means I would not know the true God. My life will be spoiled or I had to fight like my aunt to defend my faith. I would not be happy in both the cases.

Due to these religious differences, I witness lot of broken marriages. Both the spouses and children are not happy. When they marry each other, they would be so much in love. They are happy and proud because they sacrificed their faith for each other. They soon could not tolerate their religious differences and they would try to control each other, fight with each other, even divorce each other. Sadly their children had to suffer silently just because they were born to them. Thus the whole family would not be happy.

Marriage requires lot of sacrifices and adjustments but it never required adjustment in faith because it would lead to broken hearts. You and your spouse and your children can never have a peaceful and happy life. Everyone likes to have peaceful life and want to provide a happy home to their children. If you cannot provide it, you can blame no one but yourself. Even your children may blame you. So are you ready to sacrifice your happiness and peace for your love and this marriage to live a hellish life till the death?

A wounded part in your body can never be the same and look beautiful like it was before the wound. It would heal but there will be scar to remind you about it. The same applies to the broken heart as a result of these broken marriages. It can heal but the scars will be always there and unless God gives you peace, you can never be at peace. This is the truth.

So weigh every thing in Spirit and take the right decision. :)

Edited by Warrior of Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

You want us to believe what you are telling us. Why won't you believe us when we say that no one is angry or hateful or even condemning you? None at all. We have been trying to tell you that marrying anyone outside of the Christian faith is going to cause you a world of heart ache. Even if this someone were simply an atheist. It doesn't matter if the other person is a muslim, hindu, buddhist, etc. . .

The situation would be the same. Everyone has been saying all along what Warrior of Jesus has said happened to her and another person she knows. So have several other people. You need to realize that while many religions use the same terminology as Christians, they mean totally different things. For example, muslims believe Jesus was only a prophet and not a savior as the bible says he is. The bible says he is our savior, that he died on the cross and rose again. They do not believe this. They believe good works will get them to heaven, instead of Jesus.

Who Jesus is to you and who Jesus is to a muslim is where you are at odds with. The two of you will always be pulling in two different directions with who to worship. Jesus or allah of the muslim belief.

It does not matter what the other religion it is. They will always want the Christian to give up their faith and cross over into whatever religion they are. And as Warrior of Jesus said, you are going to be very miserable with this. And very soon after marriage, regret marrying outside of the Christian faith. Marriage is hard enough, without having to battle also over who you will worship. This is why Jesus has told us to not marry outside of the Christian faith.

Again, what we have been telling you applies to ANY religion outside of the Christian faith, not just islam. We are NOT telling you this simply because this man is a muslim but because he is not a Christian. If this man were an atheist, we would be telling you the same thing. Don't do it. Because he is not a Christian.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I don't think we'll be hearing from RN again. What we've all told her is a hard truth. She may accept this at a future date, when she's married to this man.

By then, of course, it will be far too late.