IGNORED

How much nonsense should Christians tolerate?

Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

I know on some post I want to chew off my tongue and fingers :45: 

What else is new?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Ezra......

Great topic & one that truly needs to be addressed,,,,,,,,,the enemy is rampant & quite obvious,,,,,,,although our fight is not with flesh & blood it is also not really our fight at all,the Victory was won by Jesus over 2000 years ago,,,,,,,all we are required to do is stand firm on that Position of Victory & do as Jesus did,,,,,,,,He simply spoke with Authority & it was FINISHED,,,,,Jesus never entertained the enemy,,,,never!

How much should we tolerate,,,,,,ZERO!!!! When the enemy pops out his ugly head we simply DO NOT ENGAGE,,,,,,,,,,won't the enemy tire of no one to talk to,no one to accuse,no one to twist their words,no one to argue with,,,,,,why would anyone want to throw the enemy a bone??????? It is RIDICULOUS!!!

You are so accurate Brother,.& I expect all mature Christians to recognize quickly,chaos,divisive words,confusion & havoc EASILY,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yet,what I see is promoting conversation,,,,,,,,I know my Brothers i& Sisters intentions are good but the niavete is baffling,,,,,DONT TAKE THE BAIT!!!!! DONT KEEP THEM ON THE MAIN BOARD,find another more edifying discussion to replace with,,,,,,it will get very boring for the devil & his pawns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,To God be the Glory        AND,pray for them!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, bopeep1909 said:

What else is new?

your just trying to make me chew off the rest of my hands and lips :13: 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

Recently, there have been several posts which are simply utter nonsense, and should not even appear on a Christian web site.  So the question is "How much nonsense should Christians tolerate?  

If a person is a seeker and honestly wants the truth, then they should accept the truth, and thank the person who provides Bible truth.  But when some come along and say "Paul contradicts Jesus" or "The sixty six books of the Bible are not enough for Christians", or "The Old Covenant is still in force" I see this as direct assaults on the Word of God. What does Scripture say about this matter? See 2 Timothy 2:14-18

SUBVERSION OF CHRISTIANITY BY UNPROFITABLE WORDS 14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

NECESSITY OF DILIGENT STUDY FOR ALL BELIEVERS 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

SHUN (AVOID) PROFANE AND VAIN BABBLINGS 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

FAITH CAN BE OVERTHROWN BY SPIRITUAL NONSENSE 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Amen brother I stand in agreement.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

Ezra as for your question my answer is how much nonsense did Jesus put up with just to save us?

Think about this from the very beginning God had to put up with man kinds nonsense, not only did we disobey him we often times rejected him spit in his face cursed his name while shaking our fists to the heavens we did horrible and shameful things despite all he did for us we killed gave into lust in ways that are absolutely disgusting we stole and lied we raped and plundered giving into our lustful greedy and hungry desires but yet even with all of this he went to extreme lengths to save us to give us redemption no matter what we have done who we were no matter how dark our hearts or how blood stained our souls he gave his son to give us a clean slate.

I have never lost a child as I have never had one but I know that losing a child even for humans is one of the most painful things you will ever experience imagine how much more severe the first parent must have felt to willing allow his son to be slaughtered and mocked beaten and spit upon.

if we get this upset because of people trolling or mocking or simply because we just don't like each other or have vastly different doctrines then whose heart is shining at that moment his or our human nature? the fruits of the spirit are love patience wisdom peace one who bears this fruit is like still waters and no matter how much chaos comes to that person or how often they are spit upon or are attacked they remain as still waters because the love and the peace and patience of God is deeply enriched in their souls and hearts.

Edited by HeartSearcher
misspell

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,

JUst a note,,,,,,,& Ezra certainly can answer for himself but I will take the liberty,,,,,,the reason the OP is not name calling or saying anyone by name is because he is following the ToS,,,,,,,,what can we say,,,,if the shoe fits,wear it

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

Recently, there have been several posts which are simply utter nonsense, and should not even appear on a Christian web site.  So the question is "How much nonsense should Christians tolerate?  

If a person is a seeker and honestly wants the truth, then they should accept the truth, and thank the person who provides Bible truth.  But when some come along and say "Paul contradicts Jesus" or "The sixty six books of the Bible are not enough for Christians", or "The Old Covenant is still in force" I see this as direct assaults on the Word of God. What does Scripture say about this matter? See 2 Timothy 2:14-18

SUBVERSION OF CHRISTIANITY BY UNPROFITABLE WORDS 14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

NECESSITY OF DILIGENT STUDY FOR ALL BELIEVERS 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

SHUN (AVOID) PROFANE AND VAIN BABBLINGS 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

FAITH CAN BE OVERTHROWN BY SPIRITUAL NONSENSE 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

So what do you think should be done about this? Kick out everyone who makes a post that you think is nonsense? I myself feel that I am strong enough in my Christian believe that so called " nonsense" post do not bother me. Some people have not had the advantage to grow up in Christian homes or Christian churches. Some of them may come here asking question in post that more older Christians my consider silly or nonsense. Or they may hold to believe that some of us might view as false. In which case if you are strong enough in your believe, then you share with them what you think and why you think it.  I would not want to be the one to kick out someone who is truly seeking answers. And I think that most of use here can simply ignore and post that we feel uncomfortable about, or take it up with the administrate in privet.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

9 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings,,,

JUst a note,,,,,,,& Ezra certainly can answer for himself but I will take the liberty,,,,,,the reason the OP is not name calling or saying anyone by name is because he is following the ToS,,,,,,,,what can we say,,,,if the shoe fits,wear it

I will stand in full agreement with my brother and sister.  We need to begin to draw the line somewhere.  Being nothing new doesn't mean it should have ever been in the first place.  Right now is just as good a time as any. To disagree is one thing but to name call, attack others and this ministry is another.  We are to reason together and iron sharpens  iron and it can be done respectfully, lovingly and kindly.   We are after all ambassadors of Christ.  

RustyAngeL

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

54 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

'Cuz it violates the TOS. Check it out.

if you ask me a post like this violates the TOS, or should. Ezra started it with a certain person in mind, and not only does that person know it, but so does everyone else. It is a backhanded way to attack someone, and rather childish. The TOS is not there to create legalistic ways to attack each other but rather ensure civility on the boards. This is nothing more then trying to do the first. Even, if ezra did not intend to start a fight, as you can see thats what it has turned into. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

59 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

'Cuz it violates the TOS. Check it out.

They can say if it is about me. I know that I rub some people the wrong way here as I am never too shy to speak my mind about every thing!