• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings SavedOne

So how old do you think our earth is?                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

We don't know when "In the beginning," was, but is was some time ago in the dateless past. We do know that about 6,000 years ago God decided to restore the earth to a habitable state before he created Adam.

• Group:  Royal Member

Age of the Earth

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the scientific age of the Earth. For religious beliefs, see dating creation.
See also: History of Earth
250px-The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

Earth as seen from Apollo 17

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).[1][2][3] This dating is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the radiometric ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples.

Following the development of radiometric age dating in the early 20th century, measurements of lead in uranium-rich minerals showed that some were in excess of a billion years old.[4] The oldest such minerals analyzed to date—small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia—are at least 4.404 billion years old.[5][6][7] Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to those of other stars, it appears that the Solar System cannot be much older than those rocks. Calcium-aluminium-rich inclusions  – the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the Solar System – are 4.567 billion years old,[8][9] giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth.

It is hypothesised that the accretion of Earth began soon after the formation of the calcium-aluminium-rich inclusions and the meteorites. Because the exact amount of time this accretion process took is not yet known, and the predictions from different accretion models range from a few million up to about 100 million years, the exact age of Earth is difficult to determine. It is also difficult to determine the exact age of the oldest rocks on Earth, exposed at the surface, as they are aggregates of minerals of possibly different ages.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Thanks HAZARD................

We also know how reliable radiometric dating is-lol          I understand w4hat you're saying but we really need  better ,more accurate dating procedures,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kind of an impossibility when you really think about it,,,,,,,

You have read what I posted regarding Lucifers reign of the pre-Adamite world and why God destroyed it and in so doing everything perished, no survivors, no animals, nothing. The earth could have been spinning like that for billions of years, who knows, that's why science has proved that most of the earth is over 6,000 years old.

When God again flooded the earth during Noah's time, it did not completely perish. There were survivors, animals men women birds, in the ark, the sun and moon and stars were not affected, a different flood all together.

I wonder how the Young Earth Creationists explain the dinosaurs and Noah's Ark?

God created dinosaurs when He create man, the Pre-Adamites. If dinosaurs were on the ark, then why are there non here now?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.08
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Thanks HAZARD................

We also know how reliable radiometric dating is-lol          I understand w4hat you're saying but we really need  better ,more accurate dating procedures,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kind of an impossibility when you really think about it,,,,,,,

We know from the age of the Shroud of Turin to a time very close to the death of Jesus, within the margin of error.

Source: http://www.newgeology.us/presentation24.html

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

9 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

We know from the age of the Shroud of Turin to a time very close to the death of Jesus, within the margin of error.

Source: http://www.newgeology.us/presentation24.html

Is the Shroud of Turin genuine? It may have been the burial cloth of a man but not Jesus.

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings SavedOne

So how old do you think our earth is?                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hazard's reply is as good as any.  God is not a deceiver, so all the evidence we see and measure of an old earth is evidence to me that the YEC's understanding of the Bible is wrong.

1 minute ago, bopeep1909 said:

Is the Shroud of Turin genuine? It may have been the burial cloth of a man but not Jesus.

My Christian faith is not dependent on the genuiness of the Shroud of Turin.  From a personal standpoint, I believe it is quite likely the burial cloth of Jesus, imho.  I'm not going to argue about it one way or the other.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

My Christian faith is not dependent on the genuiness of the Shroud of Turin.  From a personal standpoint, I believe it is quite likely the burial cloth of Jesus, imho.  I'm not going to argue about it one way or the other.

Exactly.   while it might be nice to know, what difference would it actually make......   seeing that Jesus existed and was killed isn't going to make anyone  agree with who he really is and how he can give eternal life.....  that's a leap of faith that only comes from the Holy Spirit from my personal point of view.