IGNORED

Should we be looking for the same Return?

firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, inchrist said:

The phrase time of the dead, that they should be judged is not the great white throne judgement found after the 1000 yrs of Christ reign.

The judgement in the 7th trumpet is specific to the first resurrection. Remember Christians are also judged.

Christians are not regarded as "dead" by Christ.  Quite the opposite.

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25,26).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

17 hours ago, inchrist said:

Thank you for the rendering, i appreciate it.

The phrase time of the dead, that they should be judged is not the great white throne judgement found after the 1000 yrs of Christ reign.

The judgement in the 7th trumpet is specific to the first resurrection. Remember Christians are also judged.

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. (NASB) 2 Tim. 4:6-8

Hi inchrist,

That judgment is different. The judgment seat of Christ is the `bema seat,` which has no connotation of a judicial bench to disperse condemnation, but rather like the official tribunal in the Greek games where successful competitors assembled to receive their just reward.

`... the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that day; & not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.` (2 Tim. 4: 8)

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

2 hours ago, inchrist said:

However I do feel we might be hi-jacking the OP's thread

Not at all. I have been enjoying your posts. You bring up some very interesting points about Jesus return.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, inchrist said:

Hi Marilyn, so good to chat to you again :)

Yes, however notice

2 Timothy 4King James Version (KJV)

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Revelation 11:18

The time has come to judge the dead, and to reward Your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear Your name, both small and great, and to destroy those who destroy the earth.”

Rev 11:18 can only happen at Christ's appearance.

The word Judge - krinó = to separate, put asunder; to pick out, select, choose

When we get to the parable of the wheat and tares, that is exactly what will be happening, Jesus will be separating, judging in otherwords the wheat from the tares.

Further if we examine Rev 22:12 "Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done --- In conjunction with another parable of Christ, Luke 19: 11-27 the returning King, Christ comes at the appointed time to judge the dead, reward his servants and then goes and destroys his enemies

Notice Luke 19

And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, ( gathers his servants)

Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. ( rewards his servants)

Then after rewarding His servants, Christ calls for his enemies to be collected and destroyed

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

However I do feel we might be hi-jacking the OP's thread, so I can integrate Rosh Hashanah with this to keep in line with Jewish eschatology

Hi inchrist,

Nice to chat with you again. Now to illustrate my thought – Say you have a photo of yourself with your family, another with your friends, & another photo of yourself with the people you work with. We would see you in each photo but realise that it is you with different relationships & settings. This is what we need to realise when we read God`s word concerning Christ judging.

1. Bema seat – for rewards. (2 Cor. 5: 8 – 10) This is not for salvation, as the believers in the Body of Christ are saved from punishment & judgment (condemnation) for they are righteous in Christ. It is for rewards of things done in the power of the Holy Spirit & not for self-aggrandizement. (1 Cor. 3: 9 – 15)

2. `Sheep & goats` judgment – for those of the nations, on the earth after the great tribulation, as to whether or not they looked after the Jews through that terrible time. (Matt. 25: 31 – 46)

3. Rewarding His servants of Israel – when Christ comes to set up the Millennial kingdom on earth, through Israel. (Zech. 12: 7 – 10)

4. The `wheat & the tares,` - at the end of the age, the final judgment of the dead. (Matt. 13: 47 – 50  Rev. 20: 11 – 15)

Christ is the judge, however the scriptures refer to different times & different groups of people.

Regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

9 hours ago, inchrist said:

The sequence of this is also wrong,

Again we shall use the established pattern of scripture "the walls of Jericho".

What do the walls of Jericho have to do with any of this?  That would be really stretching it. So no, the sequence is perfectly correct according to Scripture, and there is not even a hint anywhere in Scripture that the walls of Jericho and those trumpets have anything to do with the Second Coming.

9 hours ago, inchrist said:

Further Paul is very happy to call them dead christian's.

We are discussing Revelation. Not Paul's epistles. And notice the connection -- "the time of the dead, that they should be judged".  This is a direct reference to Rev 20:11-15. This has absolutely nothing to do with the judgement of Christians at the Judgement seat of Christ.  If we start making a mishmash out of Scripture, we will never come to a knowledge of the truth, but will be "ever learning".