• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/13/2016 at 0:44 PM, shiloh357 said:

A person who visits prostitutes has no ground to condemn homosexuality.

I'm sorry, but what exactly does that have to do with anything?  I don't support prostitutes by the way.

On 7/13/2016 at 0:44 PM, shiloh357 said:

Why is that "job one" for the Church??

Again, why is that "job one" for the Church??

I don't think anyone is saying this is job #1.  I know I'm not.

15 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

The Huffington Post is a very and I mean very liberal new paper.  I see them supporting anything that increase circulation.  We are believers in Jesus, we are to walk by His teachings.  I hate the gay lifestyle but I love the people as God does.  But we cannot sell out to the world.  Remember we are in the world not of it.

I am a believer in Jesus too.  Yes, I am liberal.  Please only speak for yourself and not all Christians.  I know other Christians who support my view that homosexuality is acceptable.  

13 hours ago, Willa said:

Gerbil girl, I realize that you are relatively young.  You probably have not studied the Bible for very long, but you have had a lot of teachers tell you things that are not necessarily true. Who are you going to believe--God or the teachers who are being forced to teach you these things by the government?  Are you going to accuse God of being unjust?  That is a dangerous thing to do, even when done out of ignorance.  God, our Creator, judges us.  Not the other way around.  

I'm not sure how old you think I am but I think my username makes me sound younger than I actually am.  I'm 22.  I've even taken 1 college level Christian-based religion class.  I've also attended Catholic religious education classes.  While I'll admit homosexuality didn't come up much, I do know about the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/13/2016 at 9:35 AM, Rick_Parker said:

There is nothing in Scripture that is pro-homosexual. In fact, GOD calls it an abomination in the OT and in the NT, Christ said he came to fulfill the Law, not abolish it. So, homosexuality is still a sin and those who come on this forum and advocate otherwise should be advised that they are wrong and should study Scripture thoroughly to find themselves approved.

Yes, I agree Rick :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

Would Mr. Kelly care to hand deliver the same letter to Boko Haram but charging Islam instead?

My guess would be no since probably wants to keep his head.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

46 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

I am a believer in Jesus too.  Yes, I am liberal.  Please only speak for yourself and not all Christians.  I know other Christians who support my view that homosexuality is acceptable.  

They, and you, are deceived.  Read God's word on homosexuality.........

Old Testament

The first mention in the Bible is in Genesis 19:1-13. The wicked men of Sodom attempted a homosexual rape of two messengers from God who had come to visit Lot. As a result of this and other widespread wickedness, God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah in a storm of fire and brimstone.

The next two mentions are in Leviticus

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Life was harsh in early Old Testament times. The wanderings and struggle for survival of the Israelites did not permit prisons or rehabilitation. Anyone who deviated seriously from the norm was either stoned to death or exiled. The Old Testament prescribed the death penalty for the crimes of murder, attacking or cursing a parent, kidnapping, failure to confine a dangerous animal resulting in death, witchcraft and sorcery, sex with an animal, doing work on the Sabbath, incest, adultery, homosexual acts, prostitution by a priest's daughter, blasphemy, false prophecy, perjury in capital cases and false claim of a woman's virginity at the time of marriage.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, I agree Rick :)

That is it exactally.  I'm wondering where these other Christians get their idea that homosexuality is acceptable when God Himself calls it an abomination.  That is about as bad as it gets.  I speak for myself and I believe in what God says about.  Go into Romans chapter 1 read about what God says there Leviticus 18:22 There are many scriptures that speak against the gay lifestyle.  I think you will find here that most if not all maybe expect you that the gay lifestyle  in the eyes of God is sin.  Your agreement is not with us it is with God. I want to add too that God loves gays.  He want's them to understand the truth.  He did not create them like that.  He created them in His Image.  Homosexuality is a lie from the father of lies, the devil. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

6 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

I'm not sure how old you think I am but I think my username makes me sound younger than I actually am.  I'm 22.  I've even taken 1 college level Christian-based religion class.  I've also attended Catholic religious education classes.  While I'll admit homosexuality didn't come up much, I do know about the Bible.

sorry, didn't mean to offend you or be disrespectful.  But you have to understand that you are my grandchildren' age--12-25.  Some of us have read and studied the Scriptures for many years--for me I had read the New Testament completely when I was in the 8th grade and started reading the Bible daily when I was in high school.  So we have come to know God through His revelation of Himself in His Word.  It is more intimate than knowing about the Bible or knowing about God.  We have come to know Him as a righteous Judge, a holy God, and a God of compassion and great mercy.  He is all knowing, and all powerful, the God who heals.  We have also come to know ourselves through His eyes.  So we know that our opinions about homosexuality don't count for much.  God's opinions are what matter.  He thinks of it as an abomination.  It is sin.  And since he created them and knows what makes them tic better than I do or any human does, I trust what He says over what the so called experts say.  Even churches should not give leniency to pastors priests and nuns who are unrepentant practicing gays or lesbians, or pedophiles.  The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 5:5-13  to excommunicate people who are habitually sexual immoral and to turn them over to satan in hopes they may come to repentance and their souls might be save.  Also read 1 Cor. 6:9-11.  

1Co 5:4  ESV When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus,  5  you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.  6  Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?7  Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8  Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1Co 5:9  I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-- 10  not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.  11  But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12  For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

1Co 5:13  God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."

1Co 6:9  Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,  10  nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.   11  And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

1 hour ago, gerbilgirl said:

Hey you are the one that opened the door not me. And by the way please give me scripture, book, chapter and verse that says homosexuality is acceptable by God.  It is not my opinion it is fact based on the Word of God.  This is the last you will hear from me on this subject.  It has been gone over a thousands times, but the truth will not change and neither will God.

On 7/14/2016 at 1:13 PM, gerbilgirl said:

Good I"m glad you "know" about the Bible so please again, give me Book, Chapter and Verse in the Word of God that says God accepts the gay lifestyle?  22 years old and wise as a tree full of owls.