• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The Democrats for all their claims about caring for the poor have done nothing to really help the poor, even when they held all of the levers of power in the White House and Congress.   Their "care" for the poor is nothing more than pretense.   The people in DC on both sides have nothing but contempt for the average American.  They certainly don't care about the poor.

Exactly.  That care is all about welfare and food stamps.  Just another form of slavery.  The Republicans are not much better either.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Exactly.  That care is all about welfare and food stamps.  Just another form of slavery.  The Republicans are no t much better either.

Fixed your post for you! ;)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I know, it is hard to put your prejudices aside, but you would be amazed at the world it opens up when you do. 

Out of the Shadows has been banned from the thread for this comment and will be issued a warning point.

Please be mindful of what you are posting guys, this thread is moving towards getting a little out of hand.

God bless,

Steve

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Fixed your post for you! ;)

Fixed my post?  No one can fix another person's post. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

39 minutes ago, Luke1992 said:

I don't think any politics with Christianity works.

Christianity as both liberal and conservative views on things it isn't just all one sided.

and

Politics is a load of rubbish.

If anyone cares to know what I think. I agree with Luke.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Years ago when she was governor, janet napolitano was pushing for more expensive regulations in the electricity industry. When told that it would drastically increase costs of electricity in phoenix (the capital of the state she was governor of) she said she didnt care. Despite the fact that in phoenix, the elderly tend to die of heat stroke because they cannot afford the costs of electricity in the summer. I do not believe the democrats care for the poor etc. They care about their agendas and getting people to vote for them. When people get in the way of that, life or death doesnt matter to them.

One Christian friend lost her father at a very young age, and she and her mother were dependent on the welfare system.  From that experience, she knows the struggles her family went through, and their need for assistance, welfare. So, she will always vote for the party which will provide the best assistance for the poor. Helping the widows and the poor is Christian. So, yes, a person can be a Christian and a Democrat. 

Sadly, the Republicans do not have a very good track record supporting welfare.

Today, the Democrats are focused on environmental causes, and will pass laws which hurt the poor. At the same time, the Republicans are pushing to reduce or eliminate social security which will hurt the elderly and perhaps leave them short to afford the costs of electricity. Clinton (who I will never vote for), said she will maintain the Social Security system at a good rate while Trump is wanting to reduce it on the way to privatizing it. (Clinton SSI stance actually comes from Sanders who has always championed the elderly). 

By the way, I never heard from Sanders about the Reservation issues in Arizona, but the local news made a point of covering Bernie's many visits to reservations after Arizona. Apparently, he was the only presidential candidate to visit and discuss issues with Native Americans in many places that he went.

Yesterday, I got a phone call with a survey about the welfare system. It was clearly a survey for the Republican candidate and most of the questions had to do with welfare, phrased in a way to regulate welfare intensely to minimize the cost.  Since I know Christians who vote Democrat, and I understand their reasoning and have to concede that they have biblical support, I answer that a person can be a Christian and a Democrat. Neither party is really showing Christian views, and neither is entirely devoid of biblical issues. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

36 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

So, yes, a person can be a Christian and a Democrat. 

Apparently, he was the only presidential candidate to visit and discuss issues with Native Americans in many places that he went.

Since I know Christians who vote Democrat, and I understand their reasoning and have to concede that they have biblical support 

1) I never said a democrat couldnt be a Christian. In fact I often chastised those who claim otherwise. Altho not this election. Too tired I guess lol. 

2) He isnt the only candidate to go to the reservations. There have been many in the past who have done so. Sadly, their needs go unaddressed while the more vocal people do get addressed. 

3) I disagree that there is biblical support. The bible tells us to be cheerful givers and to help the poor, not to be forced to pay excessive taxes for the govt to help the poor. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Morning Glory,Rusty,Peeps.......can I say,"Told you so".......:24:    Yep,someone was apt to say"You're WRONG",,,,,,,,oi vey!

Anyway,now that we had a good laugh about the small stuff......I initially said"No" but I never do like categorizations because people are individuals.......

I would say yes, you can. Maybe not one with much in the way of maturity, but yes. I know many liberals that are far more Christlike then many so called conservative Christians. That, and in reality a person's salvation isn't our call, that's between them and God. I will say most "liberal" beliefs are not christian, but I'm not going to demonize all liberals and question a person's salvation just because they favor higher taxes then I do.

posted by Patriot

So,I certainly agree with Pat,there probably are some......Shiloh said it well...."generally speaking"

A modern social liberal is usually someone who, when it comes to the Bible, pretty much treats the Bible is irrelevant and expendable where the Bible contradicts modern liberal positions.   The Bible is pro-life, the Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination to God, the Bible is the source for the creationist model in regard to origins, and the Bible supports a global flood.   All of that is rejected by the modem liberals, generally speaking.

Your modern liberal, must abandon any idea that the Bible is either inerrant or infallible.  For the modern liberal the Bible is NOT the final authority on all matters of Christian faith and practice, and does not corner the market on spiritual truth.  The Bible is not considered by the modern liberal to be accurate in terms of history, either. 

The modern liberal sees the Bible as a book not meant to be taken literally and is thus open to a wide assortment of interpretations, each one having validity EXCEPT for a literal interpretation.   That is the only mode of interpretation a liberal will not entertain.

If you look at liberalism in theology, there are many liberal theologians who make a career of studying the Bible, but don't believe a word of it.   For example, Bible "scholar" Marcus Borg rejected Paul's statement in I Corinthians 15 about the primacy and ultimate importance of the resurrection of Jesus.  Borg said that the resurrection of Jesus was not particularly important and had no bearing on the Christian faith.  To him it made no difference if Jesus rose from the dead or not.   Bultmann and Weiss rejected the resurrection as well.

Modern liberalism has become decidedly anti-Christian in its cultural expressions.    Why would modern liberals want to be Christians?   If the Bible is as irrelevant as they seem to think it is, what's the point?  Why adhere to a religion based on a book you don't believe?  Why go to church if the Bible can't be trusted??  Wouldn't that be a waste of time?

If someone can be a Christian but also be a modern social liberal, it would make for an insanely incoherent theology.

And Luke said it BEST!!!

I don't think any politics with Christianity works.

Christianity as both liberal and conservative views on things it isn't just all one sided.

and

Politics is a load of rubbish.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 7/14/2016 at 7:35 PM, whitetiger said:

From my perspective one can not be a good Dem and a Christian....
Den values are completely and diametrically opposed to Christianity....

:)

Those Old Fashion

This is what the LORD says: Stand at the crossroads and look. Ask which paths are the old, reliable paths. Ask which way leads to blessings. Live that way, and find a resting place for yourselves.... Jeremiah 6:16{a-f} (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

Hard Working, Gun Totting

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Timothy 5:8 (New American Standard Bible)

God Fearing, Blue Collar Democrats

And he said to man, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil is understanding.’” Job 28:28 (English Standard Version)

Where Have They Gone, So Long Time Ago....

And do you remember God's reply? He said, "No, I have 7,000 others who have never bowed down to Baal!" Romans 11:4 (New Living Translation)

Semper Fi

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. Deuteronomy 7:9 (New International Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/14/2016 at 0:59 PM, RustyAngeL said:

t seems to me that liberals think that anything goes.

That's it in a nutshell. It also means backing criminals and perverts and opposing the sane and the godly.