• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/29/2016 at 8:50 AM, Leerah said:

Hi Everyone

I understand the purpose of baptism. I haven't been baptized yet have so much passion for Christ.

What happens to unbaptized believers?

Baptism is an outward sign of what took place on the inside of our heart the moment we accepted Christ as our Savior as our sins were washed away.  Being baptized is an outward testimony of an inner work that took place in your life.  Baptism is nothing to be ashamed of or be afraid of it is only following in the footsteps of Jesus as his disciple.   Of course those who do not follow in Christ's footsteps will not experience the blessings that come from obedience to being baptized.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

baptism is a ritual of cleansing. I think it is to symbolize the washing away of the old you and the world that you were about, before you came to Jesus and was saved.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/26/2016 at 0:07 PM, other one said:

If you understand the purpose of baptism I can't understand why you have not been baptized......   Jesus himself told us to do so, so what's the big deal.      I'm not sure what a passion for Christ means?

What is your relationship with Jesus?

The unbaptized believer goes to Heaven.  But being baptized is an experience that you need to have in your life.  You realize that you truly are dead to sin and are a new creation in Christ.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

The unbaptized believer goes to Heaven.  But being baptized is an experience that you need to have in your life.  You realize that you truly are dead to sin and are a new creation in Christ.

If you understand what Baptism is for and know that Jesus told us to do so and refuse to do it.....   do you really believe and trust in him......   are you really a believer....     Do you just believe he is who he says he is, or is there really more to that word believe...  I think it rather dangerous to tell someone they can defy what Jesus has told us to do and still go to heaven....    I know there are circumstances where people don't have the opportunity to  be baptized and in that instance I would agree with you......    but refusing baptism when it is available is a dangerous thing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 10/20/2016 at 6:18 AM, Leonardo Von said:

Resuming: such person won’t be born again, being dead yet in offenses and sins and, wherefore, condemned to the hell:

I'm not sure  of your meaning here, but if you are saying Baptism is needed for salvation you are in error

23 hours ago, other one said:

If you understand what Baptism is for and know that Jesus told us to do so and refuse to do it.....   do you really believe and trust in him......   are you really a believer....     Do you just believe he is who he says he is, or is there really more to that word believe...  I think it rather dangerous to tell someone they can defy what Jesus has told us to do and still go to heaven....    I know there are circumstances where people don't have the opportunity to  be baptized and in that instance I would agree with you......    but refusing baptism when it is available is a dangerous thing.

I didn't not mean to refuse to be baptized I said it was something that we needed to do as followers of Jesus.  I didn't say to defy or refuse to be baptized.  It is something we should do.  However our salvation does not depend on that one act.  If it did then the thief on the cross next to Jesus is not where Jesus promised he would be.  You really put words in my mouth and  almost made me sound like a non believer.  I don't appreciate that.

We are saved by God's Grace and not something we do.  Should we be baptized yes... that should be something we do as new creations in Christ, but again our salvation does not depend on it.  We are not saved my baptism. 

Just now, RustyAngeL said:

I didn't not mean to refuse to be baptized I said it was something that we needed to do as followers of Jesus.  I didn't say to defy or refuse to be baptized.  It is something we should do.  However our salvation does not depend on that one act.  If it did then the thief on the cross next to Jesus is not where Jesus promised he would be.  You really put words in my mouth and  almost made me sound like a non believer.  I don't appreciate that.

We are saved by God's Grace and not something we do.  Should we be baptized yes... that should be something we do as new creations in Christ, but again our salvation does not depend on it.  We are not saved my baptism. 

I don't disagree with that, but I still hear people say that you don't have to be baptized to be saved and I think that is a dangerous thing.....    Baptism does not save a person, but will a saved person not be baptized when it is offered....   and that's what  should be discussed in detail and that is what pertains to the OP in this thread.....   I would seriously question a person's salvation if they refuse to do what Jesus has definitely told us to do....  So I ask in the context of the OP, can we go to heaven when we steadfast refuse to do the things Jesus commanded us to do?  That's what this is all about, not whether Baptism saves a person......   

3 hours ago, other one said:

I don't disagree with that, but I still hear people say that you don't have to be baptized to be saved and I think that is a dangerous thing.....    Baptism does not save a person, but will a saved person not be baptized when it is offered....   and that's what  should be discussed in detail and that is what pertains to the OP in this thread.....   I would seriously question a person's salvation if they refuse to do what Jesus has definitely told us to do....  So I ask in the context of the OP, can we go to heaven when we steadfast refuse to do the things Jesus commanded us to do?  That's what this is all about, not whether Baptism saves a person......   

So basically your asking if they refuse baptism what else might they refuse... that is a thought. But nothing we do saves us, but as believers we do need to follow Jesus.  I understand what you are saying. I just try and look at a persons fruit. Judging is not something I like to do.

3 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

So basically your asking if they refuse baptism what else might they refuse... that is a thought. But nothing we do saves us, but as believers we do need to follow Jesus.  I understand what you are saying. I just try and look at a persons fruit. Judging is not something I like to do.

Don't hold your judgement and let people think they they are saved when they may not be.

19 minutes ago, other one said:

Don't hold your judgement and let people think they they are saved when they may not be.

I agree, good advice brother.