• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

53 minutes ago, angels4u said:

You're safe here, all we can do is to agree or disagree with your faith, may I ask what you believe?

Is Jesus your Savior?

God bless Remnant Rob :)

I believe that Jesus is our personal Savior and Lord.  Though I consider myself a Christian I understand that as an adventist many of the things I believe would be recognized as unorthodox and I am fine with that 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 10/29/2016 at 8:00 AM, angels4u said:

Thank you Leonardo for your beautiful explanation , I pray for the people who find it difficult to accept Jesus that they will have a look inside themself and realize who they really are without God.

You said:

Amen, if only everybody could see this....

Amen. I pray that everyone will see this.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

On Saturday, October 01, 2016 at 7:35 PM, angels4u said:

I was talking to somebody who I love very much and she asked me to explain "Why do you believe"?

Can anybody who reads this  question please explain   "Why YOU  believe"?

The person who was asking the question is reading all the answers ...

Thanks ~~

I don't know if the thread is still active but I like the question. I think initially it was because the gospel just made sense. When I accepted Christ I got a response, I wasn't expecting it and it really surprised me. I was always interested in apologetics because like all guys I'm an ameture historian. 

Asisde from the personal confirmation I can neither prove nor express, the Bible is far and away the best historical record I've ever seen. Notice I didn't say has the best, the Bible is a stand alone primary source. The primary reason I believe is simply the integrity of the source material.

Edited by thilipsis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

41 minutes ago, thilipsis said:

I don't know if the thread is still active but I like the question. I think initially it was because the gospel just made sense. When I accepted Christ I got a response, I wasn't expecting it and it really surprised me. I was always interested in apologetics because like all guys I'm an ameture historian. 

Asisde from the personal confirmation I can neither prove nor express, the Bible is far and away the best historical record I've ever seen. Notice I didn't say has the best, the Bible is a stand alone primary source. The primary reason I believe is simply the integrity of the source material.

Thank you Thilipsis for your reply, God is good ,where would we go without the Lord????

I love history too,there is a good DVD  "Patterns evidence exodus", if you live in the States you might find it on Netflix :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/1/2016 at 6:35 PM, angels4u said:

I was talking to somebody who I love very much and she asked me to explain "Why do you believe"?

Can anybody who reads this  question please explain   "Why YOU  believe"?

The person who was asking the question is reading all the answers ....

Thanks ~~

John 6:65-71Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

And He said, This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him [unless he is enabled to do so] by the Father.

After this, many of His disciples drew back (returned to their old associations) and no longer accompanied Him.

Jesus said to the Twelve, Will you also go away? [And do you too desire to leave Me?]

Simon Peter answered, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words (the message) of eternal life.

And we have learned to believe and trust, and [more] we have come to know [surely] that You are the Holy One of God, the Christ (the Anointed One), the Son of the living God.

-----------------------

Many of the disciples of Jesus DID NOT keep on believing in Him,  even though He was right there with them, and performed many miracles including raising the dead and healing ALL the sick and casting out demons -- they still left Him,  they did not continue believing in Him !

Jesus asked the twelve if they will also go away ? ....  they stayed not just because they believed, but also because NO ONE ELSE, ever, anywhere, had the words of  (the message that leads to) eternal life .   Only Jesus .

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

I have grown up in a Christian home and have heard the word of God all my life. I have seen God's work in my life and other people I know. Also when you think of how everything works together like our bodies for example. Millions of cells and parts that all serve a purpose. There is no possible way that it could have just happened. Millions of species of animals, insects and birds all reproducing after their own kind. Mostly I believe because I can feel his presence when I pray and read the Bible. I have even heard him laugh with me. There's no way I can't believe.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

As a child my family never went to church until I was a teen. It was an interfaith church without any real direction. Basically a bunch of mishmash rather than anything beneficial and blending different religions into one more religion. Confusing. For the next 25 years I became a full-fledged New Ager, delving into every aspect of it. Deep down inside I kept asking "what more is there?" I never found it until the day I came to the end of myself. I literally wanted to end it all on that day. Instead I called the number on a business card a friend, who was a Christian, had given me. The day was February 16, 1991. I'll never forget how much my life changed since accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

From that day forward, the Lord has given me visions, dreams, words of knowledge, and wisdom on a regular basis. Things I couldn't possibly know any other way were given to me. I couldn't read the Bible because of how I was abused and yet the Lord revealed His truth to me, speaking to me audibly.

21 hours ago, Mea kakau said:

As a child my family never went to church until I was a teen. It was an interfaith church without any real direction. Basically a bunch of mishmash rather than anything beneficial and blending different religions into one more religion. Confusing. For the next 25 years I became a full-fledged New Ager, delving into every aspect of it. Deep down inside I kept asking "what more is there?" I never found it until the day I came to the end of myself. I literally wanted to end it all on that day. Instead I called the number on a business card a friend, who was a Christian, had given me. The day was February 16, 1991. I'll never forget how much my life changed since accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

From that day forward, the Lord has given me visions, dreams, words of knowledge, and wisdom on a regular basis. Things I couldn't possibly know any other way were given to me. I couldn't read the Bible because of how I was abused and yet the Lord revealed His truth to me, speaking to me audibly.

Amen,thank you for sharing your testimony :)

God is good ,all the time!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/08/1991

I believe because I have personal evidence of a higher being/force. I also come from a Christian family and that helped me to believe I suppose. I know thats not the best answer but its true. There is more to it but I kept it simple. 

Edited by Lynx

On 12/4/2016 at 1:07 PM, Lynx said:

I believe because I have personal evidence of a higher being/force. I also come from a Christian family and that helped me to believe I suppose. I know thats not the best answer but its true. There is more to it but I kept it simple. 

If I may ask?

Who your higher force Lynx ?