• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 4/11/2005 at 6:47 AM, tsth said:

I found my devotion for today complimentary to this topic:

CHOICES

4/11/2005

But when the young man heard that saying he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

-- MATTHEW 19:22

Your life is the sum of the responses you have made toward God. Once God makes Himself known to you, what you do next is your decision. Your reaction reflects what you believe about Him. The rich, young ruler lived a moral life. He was well versed in Scripture and the laws of God. But his response to Jesus' invitation clearly showed that, although he possessed a head knowledge of the teachings of God, he did not know God in an experiential way that could be demonstrated by a response of faith (Matt. 19:16-22). Whenever the Lord speaks to you, it will require an adjustment in your life. This truth can dramatically affect your prayer life. Every time you pray you must be aware that if God answers your prayer and reveals His will to you, it will immediately require you to reorient your life. Each time you read your Bible, you must to be prepared to obey what God tells you. Why did God use Peter and James and John so significantly to turn their world upside down? And why were others, like the rich, young ruler, never heard from again? Choices! The disciples chose to believe, and their belief was proven by their obedience. The rich, young ruler could not bring himself to obey, and Scripture tells us that he "went away sorrowful." You are faced with the same question as the rich, young ruler. What adjustments are you willing to make in order to respond positively to Christ?

In His Love,

Suzanne

If someone does not 'experience' life daily by faith with God,  they are not walking in faith in Jesus.

Every aspect of life, every detail, every duty, every action, every thought, is to be set apart to God by faith in Jesus, nothing missing, nothing lacking, nothing left out.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

14 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

If someone does not 'experience' life daily by faith with God,  they are not walking in faith in Jesus.

Every aspect of life, every detail, every duty, every action, every thought, is to be set apart to God by faith in Jesus, nothing missing, nothing lacking, nothing left out.

What most don't realize is that the HOLYGHOST can be quenched .   Most have no idea of what being born from above or born again really is.

its not a phrase,  its not a learned doctrine.   ITS NEW BIRTH its the experience only GOD can give one by faith in the Son.

HE draws us to the Son ,  this whole event is not man invented , ITS GOD HE comes within , HIS SPIRIT brings life from the dead.

THIS I never experienced ever.    TILL MAY thiritieth of two thousand and six.

I remember the few times I had even been in a church,   on one meeting the preacher asked some IF they were born again.    HE said YOU WOULD KNOW IF YOU WERE>

I had no idea what he meant .    NOW I DO.   Its not something man can give ...................IT COMES FROM GOD ALONE .  this is the experiencing GOD

verses head knowledge about GOD.   major difference.    big time major difference.   Many have knowledge about GOD, sadly a lot of its false

but they have NO TRUE BIRTH .    till they do ,  they doomed.    And if they accept not the gospel preached.............truly it is because their is NO TRUTH In them.

I do believe that millions upon millions have had the chance and have rejected ,  or have come and tasted and then fell away.

TWO Things most do not know ...................While I do preach ALL IS BY GRACE alone we are saved..........we have to preach the correct grace

and we have to CONTINUE IN THE ONE WHO SAVED US to the end............or we fall too.   so many doctrienes OSAS,  you name it are killing the people .

But I have learned something .     MEN will sit under what THEIR HEART DESIRES.   and if its darkness.........then in darkness they remain .

THAT is the only condemnation .  THAT LIGHT has indeed come into the world.........but many CHOOOOOOOOOOOOSE the darkness over the light .  for they love the evil more .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

OSAS  Believer here......The spokesperson for Jesus in this Age of Grace was Paul. Paul said if we believed his Gospel in 1 cor 15 we would be saved.Jesus revealed this to Paul . Why would anybody NOT be a OSAS Believer, unless Jesus lied to Paul and ,in turn , Paul lied to us.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, Sam Smith said:

.... Why would anybody NOT be a OSAS Believer....

You have to ignore God's Word and to believe several false teachings to continue to believe the false teachings.

Once the Father in heaven reveals /gives / the understanding of Salvation/ Scripture,  the reason for perfect Justice and Righteousness and Judgment is Perfect and Clear.

Problem is ,  false teachings require people to ignore God's Word and Truth,  < shrugs > ,  and they LIVE LIKE they LIKE ignoring God's Word , ignoring God's Justice,   and since they are in error,  in false teachings,  they cannot come to grips with the Truth, not even from God, so they deny the Truth and believe the false teachings (not just this one only, but several others that go along with it in people who are deceived all their lives ) ......

Problem is ,  false teachings require people to ignore God's Word and Truth,  < shrugs > ,  and they LIVE LIKE they LIKE ignoring God's Word , ignoring God's Justice,   and since they are in error,  in false teachings,  they cannot come to grips with the Truth, not even from God, so they deny the Truth and believe the false teachings (not just this one only, but several others that go along with it in people who are deceived all their lives ) ......

All of the above is said in ignorance......How do you know how I live? I would wager ,not that it really matters for Salvation, that “ I  “ keep the Law better than you because I never try to. If  you ever reach maturity in your Christian walk , you will understand that. I hope newbies to the Faith will understand it’s the Spirit of the Law and not the Letter of the Law that God is concerned with.Try to learn from the mistakes of the Pharisees instead of blindly joining them in a ditch. God bless

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Sam Smith said:

OSAS  Believer here

I believe your faith has to express itself in love, to be saved.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 6

The only thing that counts if faith expressing itself in love.

The more you love the greater  your reward, but you don't have to go without, though you can.

2 Corinthians chapter 8 verse 12

For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.

On 1/13/2018 at 3:11 PM, john1 said:

I believe your faith has to express itself in love, to be saved.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 6

The only thing that counts if faith expressing itself in love.

The more you love the greater  your reward, but you don't have to go without, though you can.

2 Corinthians chapter 8 verse 12

For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.

One should not not put the cart before the horse.....believe Paul’s Gospel and all the works and love will follow

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 1/12/2018 at 9:15 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

All of the above is said in ignorance......How do you know how I live? I would wager ,not that it really matters for Salvation, that “ I  “ keep the Law better than you because I never try to. If  you ever reach maturity in your Christian walk , you will understand that. I hope newbies to the Faith will understand it’s the Spirit of the Law and not the Letter of the Law that God is concerned with.Try to learn from the mistakes of the Pharisees instead of blindly joining them in a ditch. God bless

I have never understood such teaching but I believe it is SDA.  It is possible to work like crazy to follow
God's word and still end up as the Pharisees because of not knowing what the word actually is.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

.....believe Paul’s Gospel and all the works and love will follow

Mark chapter 4 verse 19

but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

Proverbs chapter 10 verse 12

Love covers all wrongs

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

not that it really matters for Salvation, that “ I  “ keep the Law better than you because I never try to.

That I believe, this verse I think shows it.

1 Corinthians chapter 15 verse 56

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.