• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

52 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I think she is right, Hollywood is a reflection of our society, not the driving force behind it.

I agree OotS.    if the society was not at the levels of the movies, no one would go see them....   but I do think that Hollywood is used as a tool to help society accept that they have become as....    a symbiotic relationship that drives society deeper into depravity by making thier current state normal....

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

13 minutes ago, Xdog said:

I'm not saying we were saints but i'm just seeing how things are for us now vs then. it seems we were better off then. 

My native american hubby disagrees. He was born and raised on the rez. The benefits he has now (not entitlements, but things he has worked for) and the better mortality rates are definitely better than what natives had prior to the white man. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

57 minutes ago, Xdog said:

when was america great? before the white man came

If you want to live in a time  and place, where there is no electricity, no roads, no wheeled vehichles,  computers, no internt, no TV, no Radio, no modern medicine, no readily available food, not utiities, no printed material, no clothing that you did not make by not self, nothing  made of plastic , really even metal for that matter, noproducts mad with rubber. . . . you get the idea.

Perhaps, look around where you are sitting right now, where you are reading this, and count how many things you beneift from, that were not avaialble before 1500, and rethink what your life would be like, and be thankful for all the thing you have.

If you cannot, take your shoes and socks off, and walk (no, you cannot drive yout Ford) until you can see no signs of civilization, sit down and enjoy what life was like within the borders of what is now America, and enjoy what is was like to live here before the white man came.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

57 minutes ago, Xdog said:

when was america great? before the white man came

From what we know about the various tribes, they were constantly at war with each other and exhibited savagery and cruelty towards their enemies.  At the same time, they had a respect for the creatures which provided them with food, clothes and shelter.

The wholesale slaughter of the buffalo herds was clearly a white crime. The problem is that absolutely NO ONE learns the lessons of history.  Lincoln was attempting to free black slaves while AT THE SAME TIME he was enslaving the red man.  And the evils perpetrated on the South by the North cannot be excused under any circumstances.

So, in brief, there is enough blame to go around for all parties concerned.  And this goes back to the fact that the whole world is guilty before God, and therefore God commands all men everywhere to repent.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, Ezra said:

From what we know about the various tribes, they were constantly at war with each other and exhibited savagery and cruelty towards their enemies.  At the same time, they had a respect for the creatures which provided them with food, clothes and shelter.

The wholesale slaughter of the buffalo herds was clearly a white crime. The problem is that absolutely NO ONE learns the lessons of history.  Lincoln was attempting to free black slaves while AT THE SAME TIME he was enslaving the red man.  And the evils perpetrated on the South by the North cannot be excused under any circumstances.

So, in brief, there is enough blame to go around for all parties concerned.  And this goes back to the fact that the whole world is guilty before God, and therefore God commands all men everywhere to repent.

Camels and horses were wiped out in the new world because the natives of that time period drove them off cliffs as a means to easily kill them. So destroying herds of animals isnt limited to the white man.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Concerning the media, since the 60/70s there has been a great deal of propaganda in the movies.  They all started containing a "message" that went to the liberal side and started subtle changeing is the public's perception.  The bad guys nearly always wore crosses.  The pastors were all hypocrites and sold out to sin.  We started having heroes who were criminals.  Good became bad and bad became socially acceptable because "everybody is dong it" or because some people are just misunderstood.  Just look at TV!  Adultery, gays and fornication are the norm in the media.  It may have reflected life in hollywood but certainly does not reflect life throughout the USA.  So they spread their depravity. and divorce rates across the nation now reflect those in hollywood.

Now propaganda is pushed through our news networks.  Social dissatisfaction and open rebellion in protests are played up way beyond their due as though this was the opinion the majority.  Nothing is being done in the media to reunite our country or promote working together.  Suspicions and fear are being promoted.  

So you think the people who commit serial killings and mass killings did so because it reflects our society?  Most have done so because they encountered propaganda on the net, or saw the publicity the people got on TV when doing them and craved the notoriety. True, some are just demonic, but how they got there was often through deception presented by the media.

I did a term paper on propaganda and it was one of the most eye opening and beneficial things I ever did to keep me from deception. Many of the same methods are used in advertising.  Don't be deceived and manipulated.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

9 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

If you want to live in a time  and place, where there is no electricity, no roads, no wheeled vehichles,  computers, no internt, no TV, no Radio, no modern medicine, no readily available food, not utiities, no printed material, no clothing that you did not make by not self, nothing  made of plastic , really even metal for that matter, noproducts mad with rubber. . . . you get the idea.

Perhaps, look around where you are sitting right now, where you are reading this, and count how many things you beneift from, that were not avaialble before 1500, and rethink what your life would be like, and be thankful for all the thing you have.

If you cannot, take your shoes and socks off, and walk (no, you cannot drive yout Ford) until you can see no signs of civilization, sit down and enjoy what life was like within the borders of what is now America, and enjoy what is was like to live here before the white man came.

you hit the nail on the head. People have this fairytale image, of how the "native americans" lived, before the whiteman, about how "perfect" it was, and they dont even realize that maybe it wasnt all that great. First off, disease ran rampant-they had no concept of "health care" and a indian living to see 50, was not all that common. They also fought with each other, a lot. They were like people today-some tribes mostly peaceful, others went to war frequently, and they were brutal in their fighting. 

They also wernt the "perfect people who wasted nothing" especially, before the advent of the horse. Take the buffalo, for instance, yes, they did have a use for every part of the buffalo, that much is true, but they didnt use every part of every buffalo they killed, how could they? those things weigh in excess of 1400 pounds. Especially before the advent of the horse. Before the horse, it was very dangerous to try and kill a single buffalo, so instead the indians would herd them and stampede them off of cliffs and kill dozens, if not hundreds, of buffalo at a time, when they only needed maybe 3-4 to provide them with the provisions they needed. Even after they got their horses, they wouldnt use all of every buffalo-they would go, hey I need a new hide for my tent and maybe a new bladder bag, and some meat. so they go and kill a buffalo, and leave the rest to the coyotes. Even if white man hadnt come along, they would have killed off the buffalo on their own, sooner or later, the white man just sped up the process.

They were just like the people of today. they had their way of life....some of it good....some of it bad. I personally spend a lot of time in the mountains and the woods, because I would live to have lived back in that time era, I like being out in nature and away from the technology, but on that note, we do have life pretty good now, food is easy to get, we have roofs over our heads, water, electricity, time to actually enjoy life (back in the early 1500s and on, most of life was spent just trying to survive) and for most of us, not living in fear of when an opposing tribe might try to come and scalp us.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Well Pat, I am afraid that by replying to a not well thought out post, has steered the topic off course a bit. However, I would add to what I said, and to what you have added, that the problems of the world, the darks side and evil that people experience, is often just the evil built into all mankind.

It is not unique to any race, nor any time, it is universal since the fall of Adam. We do not have to go far, to find someone to blame. Every one of us, only needs to look into a mirror, to see a person who has contributed to various sorts of ugliness we experience.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well Pat, I am afraid that by replying to a not well thought out post, has steered the topic off course a bit. However, I would add to what I said, and to what you have added, that the problems of the world, the darks side and evil that people experience, is often just the evil built into all mankind.

It is not unique to any race, nor any time, it is universal since the fall of Adam. We do not have to go far, to find someone to blame. Every one of us, only needs to look into a mirror, to see a person who has contributed to various sorts of ugliness we experience.

Agreed,   I don't think I have ever needed the devil's help to want to sin.   Mostly my own selfishness is to blame.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Those soaps are there because people cannot miss them, nobody is making the watch them, but as long as they are willing to do so, Hollywood will be willing to make them. 

I say the perverseness in Hollywood is just a reflection of what is happening in the country, Hollywood does not drive the bus, they just go where the people want them to go.

I would disagree.  I believe the powers that be use the media(Hollywood) to promote what they want society to accept. Take for instance the movie Alexander.  In 2004 Oliver stone presented this movie to the world about historical figure Alexander the Great.  The Greco-Roman world was known for its homosexuality.  And Oliver Stone decided to present Alexander the great as a bisexual.  It was a box office flop.( cost about $155 Mil and earned only $167 Mil but only $34 mil domestically) Conservative America did not want to entertain that lifestyle. And in Greece they wanted to sue Oliver stone for portraying Alexander as a bisexual.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4032245.stm

But the LGBT agenda didn't stop there. The following year in 2005 the film Brokeback mountain was released.  It received critical acclaim and it started a trend.  In the same year in the film Be Cool, Dwayne Johnson ( the Rock) plays a black gay body guard and one of the most successful ways of injecting an idea is through comedy.  The humor breaks down your resistance. In the film little Ashes(2008 Spanish British drama film) Robert Pattinson plays a Spanish surrealist painter, Salvador Dali and it promotes the homosexual relationship between two men.  In the 2010 film Black Swan, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis partook in a lesbian love scene considered by film critics as  on of the most iconic sex scenes in cinema.  In 2013  the movie Behind the Candelabra  was about Liberace and his lover. And in 2014 you have the movie Love is strange promoting none other than gay marriage. Why is the LBGT using Hollywood to promote acceptance of their lifestyle?  They are aware that their behavior is not socially acceptable and even Hollywood is not as accommodating to the LGBT lifestyle as many people would think.  Straight men can play gay roles but gay men can't and their own research confirms this.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/sep/12/hollywood-discriminates-against-gay-actors-claims-thinktank

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/01/05/liberace-film-director-all-studios-rejected-the-film-for-being-too-gay/

But the LGBT will continue to push their agenda using the mainstream media to desensitize a generation who have been raised on the cult following of Science fiction.  They will either have to reject future projects of their favorite movies or  accommodate it so that they can be regularly entertained by it.  

Notice how Hollywood companies and celebrities have flexed their muscles against any group that does not want to entertain the LBGT agenda.  

http://deadline.com/2016/03/georgia-anti-gay-bill-veto-religious-liberty-1201727179/

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17120170/nba-moving-all-star-game-charlotte-north-carolina-bill

Hollywood definitely drives the bus my friend.

Edited by Remnantrob