• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

My native american hubby disagrees. He was born and raised on the rez. The benefits he has now (not entitlements, but things he has worked for) and the better mortality rates are definitely better than what natives had prior to the white man. 

But what about these figures with regards to their unusually high suicide rates?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/native-american-youth-suicide-rates-are-at-crisis-levels_us_560c3084e4b0768127005591

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

If you cannot, take your shoes and socks off, and walk (no, you cannot drive yout Ford) until you can see no signs of civilization, sit down and enjoy what life was like within the borders of what is now America, and enjoy what is was like to live here before the white man came.

You might get arrested for trespassing...lol:24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

13 minutes ago, other one said:

Agreed,   I don't think I have ever needed the devil's help to want to sin.   Mostly my own selfishness is to blame.

Please let your thoughts go where it may as to the thread title and reply as me being the OP, I don't mind a bit. It all encompasses our urge to express our immediate thoughts. 

As to the above reply, i don't know how much you have been tempted by the world the flesh and the devil, but i can write some things that  you may just say i am loco.  Solomon the wisest man that ever lived, sure did not live up to that reputation, maybe because of his own selfishness.  The devil can influence in very subtle ways even to the most matured believer.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

59 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

I would disagree.  I believe the powers that be use the media(Hollywood) to promote what they want society to accept. Take for instance the movie Alexander.  In 2004 Oliver stone presented this movie to the world about historical figure Alexander the Great.  The Greco-Roman world was known for its homosexuality.  And Oliver Stone decided to present Alexander the great as a bisexual.  It was a box office flop.( cost about $155 Mil and earned only $167 Mil but only $34 mil domestically) Conservative America did not want to entertain that lifestyle. And in Greece they wanted to sue Oliver stone for portraying Alexander as a bisexual.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4032245.stm

But the LGBT agenda didn't stop there. The following year in 2005 the film Brokeback mountain was released.  It received critical acclaim and it started a trend.  In the same year in the film Be Cool, Dwayne Johnson ( the Rock) plays a black gay body guard and one of the most successful ways of injecting an idea is through comedy.  The humor breaks down your resistance. In the film little Ashes(2008 Spanish British drama film) Robert Pattinson plays a Spanish surrealist painter, Salvador Dali and it promotes the homosexual relationship between two men.  In the 2010 film Black Swan, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis partook in a lesbian love scene considered by film critics as  on of the most iconic sex scenes in cinema.  In 2013  the movie Behind the Candelabra  was about Liberace and his lover. And in 2014 you have the movie Love is strange promoting none other than gay marriage. Why is the LBGT using Hollywood to promote acceptance of their lifestyle?  They are aware that their behavior is not socially acceptable and even Hollywood is not as accommodating to the LGBT lifestyle as many people would think.  Straight men can play gay roles but gay men can't and their own research confirms this.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/sep/12/hollywood-discriminates-against-gay-actors-claims-thinktank

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/01/05/liberace-film-director-all-studios-rejected-the-film-for-being-too-gay/

But the LGBT will continue to push their agenda using the mainstream media to desensitize a generation who have been raised on the cult following of Science fiction.  They will either have to reject future projects of their favorite movies or  accommodate it so that they can be regularly entertained by it.  

Notice how Hollywood companies and celebrities have flexed their muscles against any group that does not want to entertain the LBGT agenda.  

http://deadline.com/2016/03/georgia-anti-gay-bill-veto-religious-liberty-1201727179/

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17120170/nba-moving-all-star-game-charlotte-north-carolina-bill

Hollywood definitely drives the bus my friend.

Alexander bombed because it was a terrible movie, not because they made him bi-sexual.  I watched the movie and do not even remember that part of it.

The problem with your list is it is still the chicken or the egg debate.  Did Hollywood make those movies because the culture had shifted or did they shift the culture.  I believe it was the former, you believe it was the latter. 

It seems like we are just passing the buck if we blame Hollywood for the state of morals in this country.  Whichever side was the bus driver, the other side still jumped on board!  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The problem with your list is it is still the chicken or the egg debate.  Did Hollywood make those movies because the culture had shifted or did they shift the culture.  I believe it was the former, you believe it was the latter. 

Why is it a chicken or an egg, can't the shcicken lay an egg, that hatches into a chicken, that lays more eggs?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Please let your thoughts go where it may as to the thread title and reply as me being the OP, I don't mind a bit. It all encompasses our urge to express our immediate thoughts. 

As to the above reply, i don't know how much you have been tempted by the world the flesh and the devil, but i can write some things that  you may just say i am loco.  Solomon the wisest man that ever lived, sure did not live up to that reputation, maybe because of his own selfishness.  The devil can influence in very subtle ways even to the most matured believer.

Had two demons living at our house for several years, so I know all about thier interface....   but I also know myself before all that and I've always had to fight selfishness....   We are all born with it and being the youngest at home I didn't get rid of it as I should when I was young.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Xdog said:

when was america great? before the white man came

I would really like to give you a great big hug right now! :bighug2:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Camels and horses were wiped out in the new world because the natives of that time period drove them off cliffs as a means to easily kill them. So destroying herds of animals isnt limited to the white man.

Why would Native Americans destroy horses, since horses became their main mode of transportation?  Something does not sound right, and I have never heard of this.  As to camels, not sure how camels entered into the New World either.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Well, lets see.  I know of people who cannot miss the daily soap and yes the gossip that goes with it.   Some people want want to emulate fictional characters that the screen writer wrote. These images and scenes have effects on people lives that plays out in ways that  some even take on the characters in their daily life.  You see, it starts with the young to indoctrinate and so called program their minds to think and act in ways to standards that they may not able to afford and scandalous ways too.   There is too much perverseness to say they are not a major contributor to swaying minds to even utopia way of thinking, not to mention hedonistic lifestyle. 

This is going to be another one of them debates were neither party can prove the other party to be right or to be wrong. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

thanksgiving_pilgrims.jpg