• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

That's amazing! But that is just not the case where I am.

Work on it....   start a prayer group...    we have a phone call system so that if someone gets sick or like has a heart attack, by the time they get to the hospital people are praying....    anyone can start those kinds of things in thier churches.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Sharnadeen said:

These are two growing trends that I have observed in church. Have you observed any other?

Good points. How to deal with them?

1. Install a jammer so that cell phones cannot work within a radius of 1 mile of the meeting place.

2. Install a sign and a box at the entrance.  The sign should say "LATECOMERS TO DEPOSIT $10.00 HERE", with a slit in the box to make it tamper-proof. :cool:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1991

30 minutes ago, other one said:

Work on it....   start a prayer group...    we have a phone call system so that if someone gets sick or like has a heart attack, by the time they get to the hospital people are praying....    anyone can start those kinds of things in thier churches.

I'm so impressed....Keep working for God.Good to have you on WCF :). Very nice to meet you....

Guest BacKaran

I attend  a small non denominational church and we always start on time, people use their phones for bible reading it now taking notes, not phone calls. Visitors are always greeted by several members, i usually meet them because if they return I give them a book or two and I ask if they like be on the weekly praise and prayer request.

If your like to search for a new church, where in expository and hermanuetics churches in your state and go check some out.

We love our elders so much it makes us sad when the sermon end!!! And when they teach classes, the time just flies by, I pray you find a great connection in a church close to you.

Blessings

Karan?

10 minutes ago, Ezra said:

1. Install a jammer so that cell phones cannot work within a radius of 1 mile of the meeting place.

2. Install a sign and a box at the entrance.  The sign should say "LATECOMERS TO DEPOSIT $10.00 HERE", with a slit in the box to make it tamper-proof. :cool:

LOL Ezra!

1 minute ago, BacKaran said:

I attend  a small non denominational church and we always start on time, people use their phones for bible reading it now taking notes, not phone calls. Visitors are always greeted by several members, i usually meet them because if they return I give them a book or two and I ask if they like be on the weekly praise and prayer request.

If your like to search for a new church, where in expository and hermanuetics churches in your state and go check some out.

We love our elders so much it makes us sad when the sermon end!!! And when they teach classes, the time just flies by, I pray you find a great connection in a church close to you.

Blessings

Karan?

BacKaran, I've come to realize that maybe this is why I am there....to show my fellow brethrens how to improve. Glad you're loving it where you are :P.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

48 minutes ago, Ezra said:

So, your wife has MS and she's feeling bad and you go to church....   she falls and hurts herself but can't reach you at church......     yeah....  real good idea.

Guest BacKaran

No, there's options, put vibrate on the phone. My dad's dying and if i take a call i would but id sit  in the back so I could walk out of needed....

Edited by BacKaran

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

4 hours ago, Sharnadeen said:

That's it! We ought to turn our phones off or something. I hardly get missed calls during church hours because I've set a standard from day 1, and that is, I do not accept calls when I'm at church...When the emergencies come up then I'll handle accordingly.

Good job!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

There are many aspect to this situation.  To get young people to stay in the church, some leeway is given to them as the fear of parents and church administrator of loosing them or for then not to get bored.  Another is some pastors are using tablets and large screens are used to display text and video, so congregations are getting more comfortable using their gadgets within the service.   

As you are a young person, you may hear the term " there is no perfect church", meaning every church you attend, there will always be some issues that may bug you and it will always be so, after all, you are dealing with humans here [ some can be stubborn ].

Also, there are situations where there may be genuine situations where, people come from afar and with the cities especially and traffic, and construction, one may always be late.  Also, not everyone who attends church may not be a worshiper as such, but is there for the sunday service and life goes on.   

But you are correct, in that when you  go to worship, and those doors close, the world should be left behind and your focus should be on who you came to give that time and worship.  People who came to be noticed, there is not much you can do about that.  The pastor should time to time, preach a topical message on  the reverence for God  and to remind everyone what the house of God is .   Remember the Ark of the covenant and the priesthood.