• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

But that's not this issue.  The issue is not what is what you envision being overshadowed. So what if it is overshadowed....bless the Lord that it is and will be.  But what about what you can actually envision and then see lived out in your life right here on this earth now? 

All we have to do is follow His Spirit as He guides us and we will have heaven on earth.  I don't need to envision anything to live such a life.  If visions come to mind, and not come to be, will I become discouraged in my walk and think that just maybe I am not following the Holy Spirits guidance because what I envisioned is not coming to  pass?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, OneLight said:

All we have to do is follow His Spirit as He guides us and we will have heaven on earth.  I don't need to envision anything to live such a life.  If visions come to mind, and not come to be, will I become discouraged in my walk and think that just maybe I am not following the Holy Spirits guidance because what I envisioned is not coming to  pass?

Hence the last question in the initial post. This is why I said there are more questions.    Discouragement is apart of life...it happens. But why would you be discouraged when you are living the life you believe God is preparing for you.  

13 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

Hence the last question in the initial post. This is why I said there are more questions.    Discouragement is apart of life...it happens. But why would you be discouraged when you are living the life you believe God is preparing for you.  

I am not, but for those who do not know scripture, I question what they will take from such a discussion based on imagination?

Perhaps, I should just step back and let everyone speak for themselves.

God Bless and Merry Christmas Ruck!

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I am not, but for those who do not know scripture, I question what they will take from such a discussion based on imagination?

Perhaps, I should just step back and let everyone speak for themselves.

God Bless and Merry Christmas Ruck!

Please explain what you mean when you say "for those that don't know scripture".   Also why do you assume this discussion is based off of imagination? 

10 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

Please explain what you mean when you say "for those that don't know scripture".   Also why do you assume this discussion is based off of imagination? 

Right at this moment, the site is pretty slow.  There are 24 members and 34 guests here.  Some members of the site are not believers, and we have no idea if anyone who is visiting the site are believers or not, hence the statement "for those that don't know scripture".  Even though they may not be able to reply, they sure can read.

As for your second question, the very title and OP asks us to imagine.

" When you think about Heaven what are your ideas concerning it?  How do you believe it will look like in relation to our living there?  Are you making any effort to live out what you believe Heaven to be like?  "

You do not ask for scripture or facts, just ideas.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings ruck.....

I for one,love to "imagine" what Heaven is like but I will not disagree with my Brethren because they are ALL right.....I am going to attempt to not be in disharmony with anyone here,think that's possible?LOL,Well,I'm just going to trust Holy Spirit for the task at hand,Praise Jesus!!!!

Firstly,it is Gods Truth that we cannot possibly IMAGINE the AWesome LIFE that is ahead of us who have been made ALIVE,here & now!!!We cannot even dare to speculate because we will definitely fall short ......but in reality we have all been given a glimpse through Gods Word & by the Indwelling ,we already have Gods Joy,Peace,Comfort,Love & His Presence when we are walking in Spirit & in Truth so we have a little taste of Heaven & it goes beyond anything we have ever known before Christ came to Abide in us,,,,,,the part that hold us back is of course these dying,corruptable,sinful natured vessels we get around in,right? PLUS,we are out of our environment,which will be a new Heaven & a New Earth!!!!

Okay,now for my imagination & I often wonder if I am going to "Heaven" & if Heaven is "paradise"......I know I am going to be in The REAL ,up close & personal Presence of God,in all His Glory  & I think that is Paradise but I'm not sure if HEAVEN is just for Him(like the 3td Heaven?)& His Heavenly Angels......understand,this is just me throwing out some speculative thoughts,,,,,that is what you asked,right?

I imagine I will be given a white horse with wings & Jesus & I (& friends) can go riding in the Heavens),,,,,,streets paved in gold,colors like my eyes have never beheld,,,,,,,Angels saying "Holy Holy Holy,Glory Glory Glory,,,,,,millions of them with the most beautiful voices my ears hsve never heard ,,,,,Oh & the LIGHT,,,,the Light so bright & beautiful with no sun,,,the Light of Gods Glory......anyway,thats just a tiny bit of what I think might be ahead,after the millenium on earth with Jesus,,,,,,the thing that really confounds me is what it will be like to not be bound by TIME,,,,,,,,WOW!                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

And I LOOOOVED everyones answers,they were all spot on!

I believe this next life will be what God always intended for us.  We can think of our own specifics, but at the end of the day those specifics dont mean a thing. What we believe the next life to be and the life we will be living there should be reflective in how we live here as well. 

Yes we know what this world is, yet can that be our excuse?  Whats wild is we are not even required to live a sinless life. But we should live as best we can a life that we believe will one day be whats normal.  

What does that life look like to you?  

Again while specifics dont mean much I believe humanity will finally care for itself (I can explain that if needed). I believe we finally find a consistent rest in who God made us as a whole and as individuals. We wont look to take advantage of one another or creation as a whole. There is a list of things I can say, but most of all we will know God and one another the way He intended since he envisioned us.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I don't think we can really know what heaven will look like other than to say it's a place of immeasurable beauty.

I think the only way we can live a life similar to Heaven is to be kind and loving to everyone, even those who hurt us. In Heaven I don't think others there will insult each other or have their ego and pride control what they say and do. So there shouldn't be a reason to say mean things to each other. I try to do that from here. That's how I practice for what I believe Heaven will be. I try to live the way Jesus did, I try to follow His examples.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant but it's how I interpreted your question.