• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, soonsister said:

All capital letters in a written text on-line constitutes screaming in textual communications. You know this and that is why you apologized.

I apologized not because I was wrong, (I capped 4 words in a longer post) but apologized  in the spirit of unity and peace.

11 minutes ago, soonsister said:

I'd suggest you cease speaking to me. I'm here to learn and that does not entail tolerating those opposed to Christ or the gospels. And certainly it does not entail being assaulted by those not in the spirit of Christ

Thank you for not assaulting me.

Edited by Zach

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, Zach said:

Seriously? You are like a toddler with a knife cutting up the furniture and any one who comes close.

The Scripture you reference (Heb 1:8) is a direct quotation of Psalm 45:6 in which the word used for God is "elohim". Need I say more? To do so would be giving you a bigger knife, endangering more furniture and people.

Yes, but the writer of Hebrews applies it to Jesus to demonstrate that Jesus is greater than the angels.   So, Yes, God explictly refers to His Son, Jesus, as God, like it or not.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, but the writer of Hebrews applies it to Jesus to demonstrate that Jesus is greater than the angels.   So, Yes, God explictly refers to His Son, Jesus, as God, like it or not.

So being greater than the angels automatically makes someone God? Hey, doesn't Scripture say someday we will be greater than the angels....oops!

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Zach said:

So being greater than the angels automatically makes someone God? Hey, doesn't Scripture say someday we will be greater than the angels....oops!

But the argument the writer of Hebrews makes is that Jesus is greater than the angels because Jesus is God.  Jesus was not created, the angels were.   It's not the being higher than the angels makes Him God.   He is higher than the angels because He is God.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

But the argument the writer of Hebrews makes is that Jesus is greater than the angels because Jesus is God.  

While I agree Hebrews makes Jesus greater than the angels and to be clear; I believe this to be true. But Hebrews is not claiming 'Jesus is God' as you understand it.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Zach said:

While I agree Hebrews makes Jesus greater than the angels and to be clear; I believe this to be true. But Hebrews is not claiming 'Jesus is God' as you understand it.

Yes it is.  Jesus is called God, and He is the Creator in Heb. 1:1-3.    So yeah, there are not multiple ways to refer to someone as God.   Jesus is YHVH, like it or not.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

echad.   (wonderful news for ecclesia)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,389
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Reading this thread makes my head hurt....   One person disagrees with another, then posts scripture showing the other person right then tells him he's wrong.....  good luck with this Shiloh....   even with your verbal skills I don't see it coming out well.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,389
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes it is.  Jesus is called God, and He is the Creator in Heb. 1:1-3.    So yeah, there are not multiple ways to refer to someone as God.   Jesus is YHVH, like it or not.

I really wish everyone understood this Shiloh...

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

The Supremacy of the Son
…2But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe. 3The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation ofHis nature, upholding all things by His powerful word.After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. 4So He became as far superior to the angels as the name He has inherited is excellent beyond theirs.…Hebr.1_3

Psalm 110:1
A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.