• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, inchrist said:

God was not obliged to use Matthias just because the one-hundred and twenty “rightly” chose him, nor is God obliged to build a 12th throne or foundation for Matthais.

Gods perspective is what counts and God chose and used Paul as His 12th.

I beg to differ, in fact extremely important

Paul called himself “the least of the apostles” (1st Corinthians 15:9), and yet he later on became the greatest of the apostles.

To understand that, you need to understand a kingdom principle

Matthew13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becomes a tree,

Which brings another interesting connection

1st Samuel 9:21 

And Saul answered and said, Am not I a Benjamite, of the smallest of the tribes of Israel? And my family the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin?Why then do you speak to me like this?

The Benjamites the smallest ended up becoming the Greatest when Saul was annointed King.

King Saul was also changed into another man just like Paul

1 Samuel 10:6 

And the Spirit of YHWH will come upon you, and you shall prophesy with them, and shall be turned into another man.

Until one day King Saul rebelled against God. 

Christ was now reversing the curse that King Saul brought upon the Tribe of Benjamin by appointing another Saul from the very same tribe.

What King Saul failed to do in uniting the tribes, Paul would succeed in doing by uniting the tribes.

It takes a Benjamite to unite the tribes

When Joseph (prophetic type of the Messiah) was about to be restored to his eleven brothers in Genesis 43, the smallest, or the least son of Jacob (Benjamin) was left at home. 

Joseph inquired about his little small brother and wanted to know where he was. 

Joseph then sent his 10 brothers (10 tribes of Israel) back home  and this is what Jospeh said to them:

Genesis 43:3 “…You shall not see my face, except your brother be with you.”

Christ said a similar thing

Luke 13:35….You shall not see me, until the time come when you shall say, Blessed is he that comes in the name of YHWH.

In other words, the tribe of Benjamin is the key to bringing back the other tribes to their Christ, just as Benjamin was the one who brought his brothers back to Joseph.

Paul was sent out to the Gentiles, the 10 tribes where scattered amongst the Gentiles. 

Ephraim wanted to be a gentile. In Hosea 7:8, we are told Ephraim mixes himself with the peoples (gentiles)

King Saul (a benjamite failed to unite the tribes.

Joseph declared Benjamine is the only one who can bring the 10 brothers back to Joseph.

Paul a Benjamite is the only apostle of the Gentiles who can bring the House of Ephraim (10 tribes) back to Judah, this is a prophecy that can be found in scripture

Benjamin means  the son of the right hand.  And who is seated at the  right hand  of the Father in heaven? 

Who is prophetically called  The Arm of God  (the arm of the Lord) in Isaiah 51:9 & Isaiah 53:1? 

It is Christ who is the  right hand  of God and the tribe of Benjamin is his son.

In other words, the one who was chosen to bring back the other ten tribes to meet their Messiah in the last days was a Benjamin (Paul).

God found more use out of His appointed Apostle than what He did with a man made 12th apostle.

- You have a lot of 'Other Words'.

- That's just what you 'believe'.

- The Apostle Matthias was confirmed by the fulfilling of Prophecy and by The Holy Spirit in Act 1.

- The Apostle Paul wasn't baptized till Acts 9.

God saying Saul would be a chosen Vessel of His to Bear His Name before gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.

God said I will show him how many things he must suffer for My Name. - Acts9:15

Paul never considered himself as one of The 12 Apostles. And neither did they.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Paul was one of the 12 .... no doubt

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 3/17/2017 at 0:28 PM, RevelationWriter said:

- That's just what you 'believe'.

- The Apostle Matthias was confirmed by the fulfilling of Prophecy and by The Holy Spirit in Act 1.

- The Apostle Paul wasn't baptized till Acts 9.

God saying Saul would be a chosen Vessel of His to Bear His Name before gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.

God said I will show him how many things he must suffer for My Name. - Acts9:15

Paul never considered himself as one of The 12 Apostles. And neither did they.

Someone that went to heaven and returned to earth saw the names of the Apostles written on the foundations: Peter, Paul, James and John, and in that order, if I remember right. This person did not get to see the other names.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

21 hours ago, inchrist said:

If that is not your belief then there is something fundamentally flawed. 

Why is so much attention giving to the choice of a man who is then ignored throughout the rest of the New Testament?

What real difference does it make whether the apostles were “right” or “wrong”?  

Makes absolutely no difference, nor is it the central theme of what underpins Acts.

The sovereignty of God is what underpins Acts who works all things in accordance with His will.

It is from Gods perspective, not mine and not from any other man. 

God, in His sovereignty, is free either to use or to set aside their actions. God is not obliged to use Matthias.

And the truth is God didn't. God in His sovereignty used Paul. 

Paul’s apostleship was affirmed at the expense of that of Matthias. This is a biblical Fact

The Book of Acts not only contains the account of Paul’s conversion, but it is an account of the way in which God appointed him as an apostle.

Paul speak with such authority that the other Apostles clearly held Paul in undoubtly high esteem as one of them. 

Thats because God was sovereignly at work, the 11 Apostles would never understand His will and ways in conceiving that a man who will sought to persecute the Church would become one of them, it is in this way, God receives the glory, and not men.

And this is precisely what Paul taught in Romans 11, 

FOR WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR? OR WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen (Romans 11:30).

This is precisely why the focus is never on who considers who as the 12th apostle, but its who God considers who His 12 apostles are. Because it is His glory. 

I presume you alluding to this;

LET HIS HOMESTEAD BE MADE DESOLATE, AND LET NO MAN DWELL IN IT.”

Surely neither the disciples nor anyone else made Judas Homestead desolate in order to obey this prophecy? 

God fulfilled this prophecy. 

What of the second statement, HIS OFFICE LET ANOTHER MAN TAKE should we assume that there is anything called for here on the part of the apostles

If God fulfilled the first LET  Psalm 69, why should the disciples feel obliged to fulfill the second LET  Psalm 109? If the second statement were fulfilled in the same way the first statement was fulfilled, the disciples would not need to have done anything. 

God will do as He pleases.

If Paul’s apostleship is affirmed and I've already gone through the importants of why God picked Paul, as Paul being a Benjamite was sent unto the gentiles where the House Of Ephraim has been scattered into, places the legitimacy of Matthias apostleship who was ignored by God into question.

I agree with you here: I am convinced that Paul was made one of the 12. He name is on one of the foundations.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no scripture of Paul being one of the 12.

There is no scripture of Paul's name being one of the foundation stones.

No one in the bible believed Paul to be one of the 12.

Paul did not believe himself to be one of the 12.

No one treated Paul like he was one of the 12.

Paul being one of the 12 is a false doctrine.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, RevelationWriter said:

There is no scripture of Paul being one of the 12. There is no scripture of Paul's name being one of the foundation stones. No one in the bible believed Paul to be one of the 12. Paul did not believe himself to be one of the 12. No one treated Paul like he was one of the 12. Paul being one of the 12 is a false doctrine.

Are you starting that doctrine,  or did someone else ?    Who told you he was one of the original 12 ?