JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Error, people, deception, traditions of man, false christs, all these the Bible warns against and more...

There are denominations within the pail of orthodoxy that:

1. teach a false Jesus

2. reach a different gospel

3. teach a different spirit

And IMHO those denominations are rather sure of themselves / confident... the Bible opposes them but they believe with all sincerity they are right. That is... until judgment day. And yes we are to try to go after them to show them the truth. God be with those who are called to do so!

My target here is the rest of Christian orthodoxy who have buried their heads in the sand with regard to these denominations, and who accept the traditions of man in their own denominations and in some instances come dangerously close to the edge of being genuinely saved and only believing they are saved.

We live in an evil world. We have a sin nature to content with. We have aggressive enemies (in flesh and spirit) arrayed against us.

Deception and ignorance are common weapons in their arsenal. 

Wolves in sheeps clothing, for example, quite often don't even know they are wolves.

What's the solution?

The Bible!

The Holy Spirit written -- Holy Spirit interpreted -- Biblically proven Word of God.   

Period.

No traditions, no denominational platforms, no "this is how we always done it..." no show of hands to decide truth by a popularity contest.

5 hours ago, angels4u said:

You said :

Can you please edit your post and remove her name? 

You are not allowed to use members as an example, that's getting too personal and people are getting banned for being too personal . I'm just giving you heads up before one of the mods might take actions.

Thanks , Angels

Angels, I wish to reiterate I am willing to revise my post IF it is an actual infraction of the rules. 

And THEN I intend to ask for a reconsideration of that ruling.

I know for a fact that others here have mentioned me unfavorably and to my knowledge they have not had to retract it.

I mentioned no one in particular favorably or unfavorably.

If you are a forum moderator please PM me so we can clear this up.

Thanks.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother John

Thank you for contacting me to let me know you mentioned me in your OP here.....& yes,I do know you well enough to know why you mentioned me by name as you know me well enough to know I wouldn't mind at all,I did say it was a very interesting Topic & I was glad that someone(I am almost positive it was our Beloved Brother ,SavedOnebyGrace)would start a discussion to define what a "cult" actually is.........and I will even say "why" I was glad to see a Thread on the Topic at hand...

All too often I've heard people say ,without much consideration or thought"Thats a CULT".....in the same way I hear"So & So is a "false teacher" or "They preach a " "false Gospel" etc...  These kind of allegations & accusations must not be casually thrown around loosely ,for lack of anything better to say or as a carnal minded "re-action"add a reply to a discussion......Its defamation & slanderous if it is not true......there are so many denominations out there that may have some "tradition" that are indeed traditions of man & not God but does that make them a cult? There are some churches that preach the Gospel but yet may have a slightly different interpretation of Scripture that is most assuredly not a Salvational issue,are they to be considered a cult? And yet,we still get some folks that will call any group of Believers that do not hold fast to all of their own personal interpretations that will continually hollar "Cult" or "False teacher" .....imo,this is simply unacceptable.....

Well,Brother,this was the biggest part of the reason I thought it would be a great Topic and hopefully it would result in putting that type of thing to rest .....MY feelings are that we are (Christians) are representing Jesus here in this Ministry for all the world to examine closely & we are sometimes out under a microscope in the public eye,we have to be very careful of what we say and what we do,we may be the only exposure one has to Christianity.....how does it look to the unbeliever if everyone that does not agree with our own Statement of Faith we are calling names? So thats the sum of it,I'm fine with you mentioning my interest & now everyone knows what why ......

In the other Thread we discussed definitions....such as the one from Miriam Webster Dictionary

Definition of cult

1. 1:  formal religious veneration :  worship

2. 2:  a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also :  its body of adherents the cult of Apollo

3. 3:  a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious (see spurious 2); also :  its body of adherents the voodoo cult a satanic cult

4. 4:  a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator healthcults

5. 5a :  great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book) criticizing how the media promotes the cult of celebrity; especially :  such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fadb :  the object of such devotionc :  a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion the singer's cult of fans The film has a cult following.

You brought up some good points about the adoration & worship of Mary, mother of Jesus......there are many who worship Mary as you said "queen of Heaven",they pray to her.,statues & images of her....certainly this is idolatry ....but can we honestly label all catholics as "cultists"? 

Is the rcc a cult? By definition it would seem so but I have a big problem with that type of categorization because there ate also many rcc churches who do preach the Gospel,do not adhere to what is written in the Council of Trent & have congregants who are Bible Believing Born Again Christians.......they would consider the priest"unorthodox".......right? 

I don't know,thank God Almighty that God does not see things as we do nor does He categorize individuals,He knows each & every individual heart of each & every person and Holy Spirit can Convict a heart at a satanic ritual or anywhere at any time......However,I certainly know how important it is to educate  people to know what a "cult" actually is and hopefully someone out there may be enlightened if they are following one.......Good Topic,good discussion

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings......

Also,I apologize for the delayed response,its still very difficult to type although I am going for therapy to improve the issue with my hands or I would have been here "Kwikly"lol                                I've got some trying circumstances right now but they too shall pass,Glory to God!Prayers are appreciated,Praise Jesus!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings......

Also,I apologize for the delayed response,its still very difficult to type although I am going for therapy to improve the issue with my hands or I would have been here "Kwikly"lol                                I've got some trying circumstances right now but they too shall pass,Glory to God!Prayers are appreciated,Praise Jesus!

Praying!

As the Original Poster of this thread I am putting all on notice, I will submit complaints about any further defense or criticism of Roman Catholicism. 

I am starting another thread for just that purpose. Roman Catholicism... good, bad, other

This thread is about counter cult ministry.

Thank you and God bless you.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

7 minutes ago, JohnD said:

As the Original Poster of this thread I am putting all on notice, I will submit complaints about any further defense or criticism of Roman Catholicism. 

I am starting another thread for just that purpose. Roman Catholicism... good, bad, other

This thread is about counter cult ministry.

Thank you and God bless you.

:thumbsup:

I can merge the discussion of the Roman Catholic Church into your new thread if you wish, cleaning up this thread.

42 minutes ago, OneLight said:

:thumbsup:

I can merge the discussion of the Roman Catholic Church into your new thread if you wish, cleaning up this thread.

Perfect!

Thank you!

:laugh:

10 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Perfect!

Thank you!

:laugh:

I'll get to work ... :sherlock:

Well, that didn't go as expected.  Yowm now looks like the OP of the thread and everything I split to your new thread appeared before your OP.  I am so sorry.  I used to be able to split a thread and everything looked as if it were in line under the OP ... not so now.

I am editing this post to say that I did correct the OP.  Your new thread is called "ROMAN CATHOLICISM... the good, the bad, and the other"